OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wana see some all Red joints or all white. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mikedamz

Originally Posted by shrewd03

yeah. if u wanna have a debate bout whos the great, start a new thread for that. this is all about the KB6.

meh. 
eyes.gif

i was just making a comment on NWT's last post, that's all... I'm a fan of kobe and his shoes no need to debate we all know MJ is GOAT. TY
Dont speak for all of us...I know what I believe.

And I cant wait for these VI's to drop and go on NikeID!

Originally Posted by MONTEMEX3

dude sad why? Kevin Durant is only 21 and has accomplished alot of things kobe didn't at that age aside from winning championships. the future of the NBA is the MIAMI HEAT and the OKC THUNDER. end of topic!
Kobe and Kevin is like two different player dawg
indifferent.gif
. Just like Kobe and Lebron. They're not the same.  My point is I don't think we will ever get to see another Kobe/Jordan type of player anymore just like we will probably never see another 6 footer who can take over game like Iverson or another dominant big man like Shag. Now onto the future of the NBA-Lebron had a good run but now he's going to take a seat in the shadow of Dwade down in Miami. Whatever he does from now will always be place second because everyone saw what he did. The HEAT can win 4 rings in a row and still be considered normal because the expectation of them winning is always there. There's no WOw factor in that. And please, Lebron game is not as pretty as Kobe . Son can't even shoot a jumper to save his team

I like the VI, but I am dissapointed in the overall progression of the Kobe line.

The IV, V, and VI are toooo much alike. I would have like to see something totally different from one shoe to the next like the Jordan line or even the Lebron line(even though I don't like the Lebron line)

Just my .02

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

I like the VI, but I am dissapointed in the overall progression of the Kobe line.

The IV, V, and VI are toooo much alike. I would have like to see something totally different from one shoe to the next like the Jordan line or even the Lebron line(even though I don't like the Lebron line)

Just my .02

why change a style that helps you get to the finals 3 straight years? He is doing this for himself and his game... the man likes lowtops and im pretty sure that will not change till the day he retires.

Originally Posted by Nermindee

Just my .02

why change a style that helps you get to the finals 3 straight years? He is doing this for himself and his game... the man likes lowtops and im pretty sure that will not change till the day he retires.

glad someone else sees it.... some of you are in denial. the iv's only similarity is that its low cut, besides that its a totaly different shoe than the V's and VI's.

V's and VI's both have:
-one piece uppers
-similar outrigger
-same sole
-pretty much the same plastic heel cup w/ kobes sig. (this was even on the IV's too) so what they cut holes in the cup for the VI's, overall its the same thing.
- same shaped tounge

if i keep inspecting im sure i could find more...

im pretty sure they are gonna go a different direction with the VII's but if they dont its safe to say the line is becoming repetitive...

and finally...... for the record, lowcut sneaks =/= championships. word to s. nash

Just my .02

I'm not talking about the fact that they are low, I am talking about the look. The V is basically a tweek of the IV, and the VI looks like a tweek of the V with some added snakeskin. I would like to see something that is still low, but not with the big swoosh on the side and other similar characteristics.

Just my .02

I'm not talking about the fact that they are low, I am talking about the look. The V is basically a tweek of the IV, and the VI looks like a tweek of the V with some added snakeskin. I would like to see something that is still low, but not with the big swoosh on the side and other similar characteristics.
QFT

^ in this case fakes are ok with me.... theyre givin us prototypes of what the actual shoe is gonna be.

hell, if you find more colorways post those too.....

those breds are a problem..... swoosh should be white with a red outline, red specks in laces would be cool as well.....

Originally Posted by never wear them

Were talking about finess. Kevin durant doesn't look "pretty/slick" with it.... Nor does James. I think Wade will be the closest thing to it but it just aint the same.

The new generation is about built and power.... Who else do you know that would do a fadeaway 3 pointer ifput in pressure?
He ain't #8 anymore... Bur man... I'm glad I WITNESSED greatness...
From the whole outta high school fiasco to the 81point game to the 5-7 rings....

MJ is the first to do it and did it well... Kobe is another guy that took skill and footwork to another level.... If he ends up with 6 or 7 rings, sucks for some to hear, but he'll be considered the greatest.

Just looking at his highlights makes you shiver...
KD does not look slick/pretty = agreed. Kobe's game, like Michael's was, is a graceful mastery on the court. James, Durant, even Wade don't have this.

Kobe has handles, he's 6'6", he's strong, he's super quick, he's basketball royalty.. And he has style.. He's significantly contributed to the sneaker world as well.

The man is also attractive, and that adds to his aura.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

dude sad why? Kevin Durant is only 21 and has accomplished alot of things kobe didn't at that age aside from winning championships. the future of the NBA is the MIAMI HEAT and the OKC THUNDER. end of topic!
indifferent.gif
. Just like Kobe and Lebron. They're not the same.  My point is I don't think we will ever get to see another Kobe/Jordan type of player anymore just like we will probably never see another 6 footer who can take over game like Iverson or another dominant big man like Shag. Now onto the future of the NBA-Lebron had a good run but now he's going to take a seat in the shadow of Dwade down in Miami. Whatever he does from now will always be place second because everyone saw what he did. The HEAT can win 4 rings in a row and still be considered normal because the expectation of them winning is always there. There's no WOw factor in that. And please, Lebron game is not as pretty as Kobe . Son can't even shoot a jumper to save his team
That's what I don't get. How can Bron be compared to Kobe if he can't even make a jumper?? ..and if he does.. it aint pretty! Smh.

I hope and pray that there is another player similar to MJ/Kobe in physique, quickness, shooting form, attitude, knowledge of the game.. and that they have a Nike shoe contract
happy.gif

Likelihood of all that happening...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by JRodski

Just my .02

glad someone else sees it.... some of you are in denial. the iv's only similarity is that its low cut, besides that its a totaly different shoe than the V's and VI's.

V's and VI's both have:
-one piece uppers
-similar outrigger
-same sole
-pretty much the same plastic heel cup w/ kobes sig. (this was even on the IV's too) so what they cut holes in the cup for the VI's, overall its the same thing.
- same shaped tounge

im pretty sure they are gonna go a different direction with the VII's but if they dont its safe to say the line is becoming repetitive...

and finally...... for the record, lowcut sneaks =/= championships. word to s. nash
Why would you change the lowtop style?? I love it personally. Moving away from mids was necessary and revolutionary (as far as people using them on a wide scale).

Stick with what works. I hope Kobe stays in lows.

Vs and VIs are not alike. First off, the Vs do not have a one piece upper. The skinwire material is all fused together using Nikes fuse technology, I spoke to Mark Smith on this when he came to Oregon. The term one piece was used on the V, but the VI follows the one piece idea to a literal sense. I like the one piece, despite limited options in color blocking.

If the V and VI have the same outrigger, than so do the ZK4s and any other shoe that employees the use of an outrigger. I do agree that the markings look similar though (the Kobe code). They have different soles also, and I'm wishing the VI had a sole MORE like the V because of it's shape. I might end up liking the VI midsole though. I have to see them in person, and maybe once we get some real pics. Also, I like what they did with the outsole this time around. The lung pattern is sick.

The heelpcup and tongue are things that work, and work well. The heel counter is NECESSARY in a lowtop, and the tongue on the Vs is so comfy/stylish, I don't know why they'd stray too far off.

Originally Posted by ShoeConnoisseur09

Were talking about finess. Kevin durant doesn't look "pretty/slick" with it.... Nor does James. I think Wade will be the closest thing to it but it just aint the same.

The new generation is about built and power.... Who else do you know that would do a fadeaway 3 pointer ifput in pressure?
From the whole outta high school fiasco to the 81point game to the 5-7 rings....

MJ is the first to do it and did it well... Kobe is another guy that took skill and footwork to another level.... If he ends up with 6 or 7 rings, sucks for some to hear, but he'll be considered the greatest.

KD does not look slick/pretty = agreed. Kobe's game, like Michael's was, is a graceful mastery on the court. James, Durant, even Wade don't have this.

Kobe has handles, he's 6'6", he's strong, he's super quick, he's basketball royalty.. And he has style.. He's significantly contributed to the sneaker world as well.

indifferent.gif
That's what I don't get. How can Bron be compared to Kobe if he can't even make a jumper?? ..and if he does.. it aint pretty! Smh.

I hope and pray that there is another player similar to MJ/Kobe in physique, quickness, shooting form, attitude, knowledge of the game.. and that they have a Nike shoe contract
happy.gif

frown.gif

Just my .02

V's and VI's both have:
-one piece uppers
-similar outrigger
-same sole
- same shaped tounge

Why would you change the lowtop style?? I love it personally. Moving away from mids was necessary and revolutionary (as far as people using them on a wide scale).

Vs and VIs are not alike. First off, the Vs do not have a one piece upper. The skinwire material is all fused together using Nikes fuse technology, I spoke to Mark Smith on this when he came to Oregon. The term one piece was used on the V, but the VI follows the one piece idea to a literal sense. I like the one piece, despite limited options in color blocking.

If the V and VI have the same outrigger, than so do the ZK4s and any other shoe that employees the use of an outrigger. I do agree that the markings look similar though (the Kobe code). They have different soles also, and I'm wishing the VI had a sole MORE like the V because of it's shape. I might end up liking the VI midsole though. I have to see them in person, and maybe once we get some real pics. Also, I like what they did with the outsole this time around. The lung pattern is sick.

The heelpcup and tongue are things that work, and work well. The heel counter is NECESSARY in a lowtop, and the tongue on the Vs is so comfy/stylish, I don't know why they'd stray too far off.

-the whole league was wearin hyperdunks @ one point, now they are wearin hyperizes which are both mids so it was not nessesary for kobes shoe to be low cut to be accepted on a wide scale

-dont kid yerself, the V's are def a one piece upper. best believe the small peice thats one the toebox and the peice thats on the lacelet is fused ON TOP OF the one peice upper.

- i wasnt saying that the V's and VI's were similar b/c of the outrigger. lots of different shoes have outriggers but all of them dont look the same. the rigger in the V's and VI's is shaped the same exact way.

-the only difference about the outsole is the print on the outsole. i was speakin on the overall shape of the outsole, and theyre damn near shaped the same way

all similarities aside, they are nice shoes.... but they are just V.5's in all actuality

Just my .02

Why change a good thing that works and is successful? What if the designers gave us something like the Adidas Kobe Two? They were very different but they looked horrible and dont perform too well, they were bricks! I'd be happy if they keep the lowtop approach until they stop making the Kobe line.The outsole is very uninspiring. It needs something to make it pop. Like the different colored square of the forefoot on the V. It was a subtle detail that made it attractive to the eye.

Originally Posted by mikedamz

just drop by to say that MJ will forever be GOAT no matter what kobe does... what MJ did for the league, sneaker world, basketball world and in sports in general is unreachable. Kobe will be remembered as a great payer but MJ is a Legend.

Thank you... 
hop off.

Thank you...

anyways, the final product is going to be sleeker than those fakes. the only thing i don't like is how they're still recycling the same colorways. i would like to see something new, not the same inlines over and over again. *kanye shrug*.

For the record, the only sneakers I play basketball in are the low top Kobe's(click the link in my sig the cover of my book I am wearing the Kobe IV). All I am saying is they should leave them low, just change up the look of the shoe. I mean the Kobe IV-VI all have the big swoosh on the side, and little subtle differences. I love the Kobe's, I just wish they would experiment a little more with the design.

my 2 cents:

KD is the ultimate next-generation baller. Anyone who doesn't think he is the next HUGE superstar is straight fooling themselves.

The VIs are pretty ugly, eh?

Just my .02
huh? the jordan line? that is one line that always grew with each shoe and had similar looks from one shoe to the other. only did the later shoes in the line really differentiate from each other.

jordans 1 through 9 looked like the evolution of one shoe. lebrons line aswell. lebron 2 and 3. 4 and 5. and now vii and 8

Originally Posted by ShoeConnoisseur09

indifferent.gif

happy.gif

frown.gif

Just my .02

V's and VI's both have:
-one piece uppers
-similar outrigger
-same sole
- same shaped tounge

ShoeConnoisseur09,

Please leave your apparent and almost sickening man-crush feelings for Kobe Bryant out of this thread. An athletes "attractiveness" and comments about it have absolutely no place in a thread about his shoes.

Please leave your apparent and almost sickening man-crush feelings for Kobe Bryant out of this thread. An athletes "attractiveness" and comments about it have absolutely no place in a thread about his shoes.
x2!

Though, I don't know how anyone can watch Kevin Durant and not think his game is beautiful...

^ agreed on both accounts....when I read dude say that Kobe was "attractive" i almost spit out my drink on my laptop.

And seriously people, Durant is the evolution of the basketball player. Dude is 6'9" and can shoot like a 2-guard, handle the ball, run the break, and finish at the hoop. He is the next-generation baller. If you watched any of the FIBA championships, you already know this.

Oh yeah, he's 22 years old.

dont get me wrong... Jordan is Father.... most of us grew up watching him and gettin whatever had a jumpman on it.
MJ can have all that shoe game/charisma/etc... but when it comes to skill... i give it to the black mamba...

"Though, I don't know how anyone can watch Kevin Durant and not think his game is beautiful..."

i like seein him play... but cant get over his shooting form
laugh.gif

dont get me wrong... Jordan is Father.... most of us grew up watching him and gettin whatever had a jumpman on it.
MJ can have all that shoe game/charisma/etc... but when it comes to skill... i give it to the black mamba...

"Though, I don't know how anyone can watch Kevin Durant and not think his game is beautiful..."

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Skill? Jordan re-invented skill, who else do you know before Jordan doing free-throw dunks, and cradle rocks at 6'6" all while holding the all-time assist, point, rebound, and steals record for his franchise? Dude was thorough w/ it.... Kobe is nice, but idk if his "skill" will ever live-up to those kind of results.... yes he does play/know the game very well and 81 pts. is very impressive, but he is just not skillfully gifted as Jordan was during his era

laugh.gif

Skill? Jordan re-invented skill, who else do you know before Jordan doing free-throw dunks, and cradle rocks at 6'6" all while holding the all-time assist, point, rebound, and steals record for his franchise? Dude was thorough w/ it.... Kobe is nice, but idk if his "skill" will ever live-up to those kind of results.... yes he does play/know the game very well and 81 pts. is very impressive, but he is just not skillfully gifted as Jordan was during his era

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom