OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
oops i thought this was a kobe 6 thread
laugh.gif
let's stop this coz debating won't get us nowhere.,kobe is kobe,mj is mj and so is durant., each of them is good in a unique way,and to ya'll Jordan fanboys don't you think the game would be boring if all the players play like jordan?same ol moves over and over again.,if that's what u want,well i can't blame you if u ain't amazed by neither KB or KD coz ur BLIND. open your eyes and watch any nba player do their thing.,coz u might miss something MORE special

Funny how ppl romanticize mj sooo much. He had his faults and some of the exact criticisms that kobe had. Ppl used to say he'll never be Dr. J and that he needed to play more like magic, or he was too selfish to win. Sounds kinda similar don't it. BTW Phil Jackson even says Kobe is more skilled than MJ, although MJ is more accomplished...for now.

if MJ had Kobe's shoes he would have won 10 rings that's how good kobe's line are in terms of performance. LOL

Originally Posted by jumpmanfan1

Originally Posted by never wear them

dont get me wrong... Jordan is Father.... most of us grew up watching him and gettin whatever had a jumpman on it.

MJ can have all that shoe game/charisma/etc... but when it comes to skill... i give it to the black mamba...

"Though, I don't know how anyone can watch Kevin Durant and not think his game is beautiful..."

i like seein him play... but cant get over his shooting form
laugh.gif

Skill? Jordan re-invented skill, who else do you know before Jordan doing free-throw dunks, and cradle rocks at 6'6" all while holding the all-time assist, point, rebound, and steals record for his franchise? Dude was thorough w/ it.... Kobe is nice, but idk if his "skill" will ever live-up to those kind of results.... yes he does play/know the game very well and 81 pts. is very impressive, but he is just not skillfully gifted as Jordan was during his era
Dr. J did both free-throw dunks and cradle rocks and windmill double pumps long before MJ. 
...and now back to our regularly scheduled program...

hope these pic's are just fakes or samples. 

just because the IV's V and VI are low tops doesn't mean they are the same. They might have reused the Flywire tech but there's an improvement to it as the line progresses (outsole, heelcup etc. Remember the Jordan III, IV, V and the VI have shared the visible air with other NIKE shoes Like Nike Air revolution etc. In fact even the outsole of the AJ III and IV have the same outsole as Flight 89 and Air rev and yet these are some of beloved shoes of all time.

I personally would rather play in Kobe's than J's at this point.
Don't get me wrong, the AJ line from 1-14 was the best at the time, but if you are talking about performance, I am going with the kobe 4 and 5.

Also Retro J's quality suck. You know they will crack and crumble after a few uses.....

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

For the record, the only sneakers I play basketball in are the low top Kobe's(click the link in my sig the cover of my book I am wearing the Kobe IV). All I am saying is they should leave them low, just change up the look of the shoe. I mean the Kobe IV-VI all have the big swoosh on the side, and little subtle differences. I love the Kobe's, I just wish they would experiment a little more with the design.
..nike doesnt need to put big swoosh for the shoes to be recognized...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

I like the VI, but I am dissapointed in the overall progression of the Kobe line.

The IV, V, and VI are toooo much alike. I would have like to see something totally different from one shoe to the next like the Jordan line or even the Lebron line(even though I don't like the Lebron line)

Just my .02
huh? the jordan line? that is one line that always grew with each shoe and had similar looks from one shoe to the other. only did the later shoes in the line really differentiate from each other.

jordans 1 through 9 looked like the evolution of one shoe. lebrons line aswell. lebron 2 and 3. 4 and 5. and now vii and 8

I see your point, but don't know that I agree about the early Jordan line.  I think the I, II, III and IV are all pretty different from one another and stand on their own.  I start to see more of a progression after that, although its not exactly linear.  Like the IX and X got much simpler as compared to the VIIIs.  

Why the hell would anyone mentioned Jordan in a Nike Zoom Kobe thread ?

And then say that Kobe fans always start trouble.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Why the hell would anyone mentioned Jordan in a Nike Zoom Kobe thread ?

And then say that Kobe fans always start trouble.
this....

their insecurity always seems come out of nowhere.
laugh.gif

each great bball player's game is the evolution of another PERIOD, just like bball shoes, its always an evolution based off the old. (to keep my statement within the theme of the topic hehe)

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

each great bball player's game is the evolution of another PERIOD, just like bball shoes, its always an evolution based off the old. (to keep my statement within the theme of the topic hehe)

Very good point. All 5 player positions have evolved over the years.  Same thing in the shoe game.  According to Kobe the shoe is going back to high top next year.

hope they keep them low top next year. i liked the line better when the iv's went out.
for me, the iv's look WAY DIFFERENT than the v's. and the v's look nothing like thes
pics of the vi's. so unless the final product looks entirely different, i see progress in the
kobe line despite the low cut similarity. and i agree that the jordans do look the same.
3-4, 5-6, 7-8... in a series of one themed things like a basketball shoe for an athlete.
there will be times that they will look similar. i like where the kobe line is going. BUT,
i hope they do something drastic. zk1-zk2, zk2-zk3. something different. but if they stay
in this path, i will be more than happy. SLEEK LIGHTWEIGHT SNEAKERS that look
incredibly good on your feet. why complain?

i need those legit kobe 6 pics NOW!

Originally Posted by chaose57

found a bred colorway of the 6s.,but only to know they're fakes
nike-zoom-kobe-6-vi-teaser-black-true-red-436311-001_3.jpg

nike-zoom-kobe-6-vi-teaser-black-true-red-436311-001_2.jpg

nike-zoom-kobe-6-vi-teaser-black-true-red-436311-001_1.jpg

i'm loving this colorway. but, i'm starting to wonder about the scales. i don't know if wonder is right word. but it
evokes a weird feeling. them scales. hmm... i might get 2 pairs max. the scale thing is polarizing. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

I'll never understand the common consumer. If not for Kobe's name on these, they would get blasted for being so basic. I myself love basic shoes but following trends of others over the years, these don't ring up as anything too special. It's almost as streamlined like the Nike Tennis brand, which the majority seem to hate.

I'll wait until November for the actual Kobe 6. Im not feeling those fakes, the scales are kinda throwing me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom