OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, congrats to everyone that was able to order a pair, sorry to hear so many people missed out.  Unfortunately, this was an EXTREMELY LIMITED launch, which was mentioned several times in this thread, along with the last two other Kobe VI launches.  I am not sure how else to keep saying this, but the demand was greater than the supply.  Not everyone is going to be able to get a pair.

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

ladies and gents- I think its time to be honest here

#1.  Being on the phone with Eastbay doesn't seem to guarantee any more success than trying online(Rep alluded to the fact that ph. operators may not have any quicker access to their system than the average joe)
#2.  Eastbay seems to have very few pairs ( 1,2, maybe 3 at most of each size- that may be a stretch)
#3.  This has truly become a "lottery" type program which means, if you are fortunate enough to get your pair, you were probably one of thousands of folks trying(maybe hundreds, but more than likely thousands)
#1.  Correct. This is why you should try ordering on the website and over the phone at the same time to increase your changes.
#2.  Yes, we have very few available in each size, but only a few are that low.  This is why I was saying it is extremely limited.
#3.  The demand for these shoes is greater than the supply by a lot.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by manslayer

got a %#*%$$ 10 minute....piece of $%%# east bay
laugh.gif

Not laughing AT your situation but that post had me crackin up

Eastbay is a joke, that timer is the WORST thing ever
If you got a timer that long for an extremely limited release, that usually means you are too far back in the virtual line and will not be getting the shoes 

Originally Posted by kickz4show

ONCE AGAIN AND I'M NOT SURPRISED....30 SECS WAIT TO 15 MINS TO 17 MINS TO 22 MINS? LADY I SPOKE TO AFTER I GOT THROUGH FOR HOLDING FOR 42 MINS SAID, " ALL PAIRS WERE SOLD OUT 3 MINS PRIOR" TO MIDNIGHT. EASTBAY REP YOUR MORE HYPE THEN HELP.
Originally Posted by dRokDaSpot

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Originally Posted by gzagenius

had a min wait ... no go
me 2 smh
Hey Eastbay Ray how are you going to defend and explain this mess with the "wait timer" this time?
I went from 1min 30sec. to 11mins wait time SMH 
laugh.gif
Once you are in the virtual line, your spot is saved, even if the timer moves up and down.  We only allow so many people to check out at once. If they take a while to check out, the timer adjusts itself accordingly.

As for the ""ALL PAIRS WERE SOLD OUT 3 MINS PRIOR" TO MIDNIGHT", that is unlikely.  None of the phone agents should be placing orders until 12 AM EST.

Originally Posted by Hanksta

Eastbay is such a FAIL as an online retailer. How can you not have a system where people don't get jerked around like this? It's 2011. They don't deserve anyone's business.
If you are referring to the timer going up and down, just look at my response above.  If not, please supply more information.

Originally Posted by dmxgod

Eastbay has officially lost a customer in the near future..

I know it is only a shoe, but the thing is the timer should keep the same time throughout the entire countdown..this system does not..how does a timer go up in minutes? Please explain this to me EastbayRep..it doesn't make any sense...

I use to work for Footlocker Inc..and I use to love buying from Eastbay to use my discount and whatnot but the system Eastbay runs is FAR from perfect..I can guarantee that 10 minutes prior to the shoe release of a product that is hyped that they are definitely selling them before midnight..there is no way all the reps should be tied up for 10 minutes+ before a launch time when they should getting people off the phone and NOT SELLING the product beforehand..

I know EastbayRep is gonna come in here and say that this does not happen, but it does..i have been able to order before midnight of a major launch before..
Please look above for an answer to why the timer changes.

Unfortunately, when it comes to the phones, the phone agents can not just drop a customer if they are trying to order other items, check on the stock of an item, etc...  If you call in early and tell the phone agent you are waiting for the new release, they will probably drop you, since the shoes are not available yet.  Otherwise, none of the phone agents should be adding the shoe that is being released to an order until 12 AM EST, so there is no way a release shoe will sell out before its release.

Originally Posted by smurfdavid

Yep EASTBAY sucks these idiot reps come here and make excuses all you are is HYPERBEAST i will never buy from EASTBAY again once you start losing customers then you will understand EASTBAY GO OUT OF BUSINESS ALREADY NOTHING BUT USESLESS PEOPLE THERE 
tired.gif
I did not realize that when I was letting everyone know that this launch was extremely limited that I was being a hyperbeast or hypebeast.  Would you rather have me lying and say "Plenty to go around!" or "I have no information", instead of spitting the truth.  I just do not get it.

Originally Posted by marley

<<== Crumples up Gold Club membership, wipes *%+ with it, flushes it down the toilet.....
Pretty funny stuff.  Here's the thing- they'll tell you flat out that GOLD CLUB doesn't guarantee a damn thing- FINE, no issues there- how can I guarantee anything come release day- YOU CAN'T-

OK - so what's the point of the countdown timer and having most of us good paying and loyal customers observe it- when in reality- you start taking orders prior to the countdown timer reaching ZERO???

NOT EASTBAY REP'S FAULT, BUT DEFINITELY AN ISSUE.  ONE THAT SHOULD BE RESOLVED AND OR CLEARED UP. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.  EVERYONE IN THE ONLINE OR PHONE LINE WORLD "SHOULD BE" ON AN EVEN PLAYING FIELD- I THINK
grin.gif

Waiting for some Jag to start posting how "I got 3, free shipping, 20 % using gift cards"- easy cop.

Right- There were probably less than 50 pair total.  Would love to get a tally from all those legit NT'ers who actually get a pair from Eastbay.

VERY SIMPLE EASTBAY- Drop them at 11 CST- no phone orders, no LAME %$# TIMER, 1st come, 1st serve in the virtual world known as the world wide web.
Again, no phone agents should be placing orders for the shoes until 12 AM EST. 

I also think that with these limited releases, customers should only be able to order them online, to give everyone a fair chance. 

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Eastbay is corrupted. I have a feeling their employees bought all the good sizes and only put like 2 pairs for each size up for sale.
Any employee caught buying release shoes while working would be fired.  We do not tolerate this. 

Originally Posted by ArSONist21

I actually got lucky this time around but eastbay really needs to fix their whole countdown system pronto...My countdown timer was really early for some reason and when it ran out and I tried to add my size to cart it would not let me until the 4th try...I then got a checkout timer of 1 min 40 sec...I got to the final checkout screen but kept getting a high traffic pop-up and kept having to TRY AGAIN and then it kicked me back to the initial checkout page like 5 times until I got a brand new countdown timer of 4 min 30 sec...I finally got to checkout after that.
Hmm, I have not heard about this.  I will pass your comments on to the appropriate personal to look into this.

EastbayRep - Ray

EastBayRay doing work, LMAO
Dudes are so mad here. Look, I struck out 0-3 from the last Kobes on NDC and EastBay, but I ain't mad. I really wanted them too! I'll just move onto the next one.

Yep, another Noob here, been stalking a while, same as many others. Love reading your posts! Tried as everyone last night, ended up getting my wife a pair just so I can at least see them in my house! She has no clue about Kobe's but will think the orange is 'cute'. Greeeat........................... Gonna try tonight again. Love my Concords and Grinch's.
Now if I can figure out the avt's, sigs, etc I'll be doing something. Old guy that LOVES shoes.

Just got to FL on 34th and there are about 30 people here. I guess the cold got to the overnight campers lol

Originally Posted by ohshoefreak

Yep, another Noob here, been stalking a while, same as many others. Love reading your posts! Tried as everyone last night, ended up getting my wife a pair just so I can at least see them in my house! She has no clue about Kobe's but will think the orange is 'cute'. Greeeat........................... Gonna try tonight again. Love my Concords and Grinch's.
Now if I can figure out the avt's, sigs, etc I'll be doing something. Old guy that LOVES shoes.

congrats on the 1st post
smile.gif

Originally Posted by waverder

Thx for thr info Eastbay Rey! You were definitly upfront w us. Thx for the info.
Originally Posted by kicksb4tricks

EastbayRep - Ray,

You handled all that nonsense very well.
Thanks for the feedback.  I do what I can with what I have. 

EastbayRep - Ray

just passing along info.. HOH Lakewood's releasing the sunsets saturday morning at 7am.. line starts at midnight tonight.

next to those grinches, the sunsets look ugly...too yellow on the toes...also, the NikeID really has no great gradient patterns....oh well, i'm waiting til March 5

^^^ big sticks were .25 cents from the icecream truck when i was growing up.

PASS on the OCs...last time i had that much orange on my shoe was when i had a FUBU shirt in '98 LOL!

Saw the All Star Kobe's today in person at my local HOH. The rear area is hot, but the red scale part didn't look so great. Too bright IMO. Overall it's not that hot of a shoe. The Gradient Volt/Black on Kobe Nike iD is super fire though. If I didn't have to cop the royals, I would have bought a pair...

Originally Posted by arisorous

^^^ big sticks were .25 cents from the icecream truck when i was growing up.

PASS on the OCs...last time i had that much orange on my shoe was when i had a FUBU shirt in '98 LOL!

Lol....fubu, ForUsByUs

anyone ever tried buying a limited release like this through the NDC iphone app? I'll be at work and its pretty much my option for tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom