OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VII THREAD (ELITE $200!: CounterKicks.com)

no you're not lol. You'll get just as many VII as you did V and VI. There is no denying that.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by mYKiCkZArEaG21

^^^ Kobeoverbron the last 3 LeBrons have came out with a lot of firsts for the basketball industry....

LeBron 7 was the first bball shoe to have a bball specific 360 unit (skinner, toe to heel, outrigger, rounded heel, and has 80% more air in it compared to the old 360 units)....

LeBron 8 V2 was the first BASKETBALL shoe to be complete flywire 2.0 on the upper (the askino boot was the first shoe period)...

LeBron 8 V3 was the first bball shoe to have a bball specific 180 unit aka porkchop bag in the heel ( skinner, rounded heel, shaped in the shape of a porkchop but still kept u evenly stable)

LeBron 9 is the first bball shoe to use hyperfuse 3.0 (fuse tech combined with flywire together)... First bball shoe to incorporate Nike combat padding in the shoe.....

... My point is the Kobe line is different then the LeBron line... Kobe is older and on his way out the leauge very soon so as far as his footwear he knows exactly what he wants in a shoe... We seen that wen he went from the Kobe 4 lunar and zoom setup to just a zoom setup up in the 5, 6, and 7.... Only firsts Kobe got in his line at the time of their release was lowest cut bball shoe... Lightest bball shoe with the 4 and 5, polyurethane foam islands on the 6... And now with the 7 is the changable bootie and floating heel clip in the bball category (lunareclipe had it first but its a runner)

I say at the end of the day LeBron > Kobe innovations...

But Kobe > LeBron on what works best on the court...

Moral of the story.... If it ain't broke... Don't fix it
you have good points. but regarding innovation, there are a lot of lapses in what you think is fact.
let me give you one: the Kobe 5 was the first shoe to incorporate skinwire/flywire 2.0- it was released 2 LeBron
models EARLIER.  nevermind this, already stated a few posts back.

KEEP THIS IN MIND FOLKS: the Kobe line features technology 1 year in advance. everything is one year in advance. so what we got in the ZK6 was used
in the later nike models- hyperdunk 2011, LeBron 9, etc.

They always make the ZK line high tech and advanced, kind of like a concept car that you can buy.

^^^ Kobeoverbron the last 3 LeBrons have came out with a lot of firsts for the basketball industry....

LeBron 7 was the first bball shoe to have a bball specific 360 unit (skinner, toe to heel, outrigger, rounded heel, and has 80% more air in it compared to the old 360 units)....

LeBron 8 V2 was the first BASKETBALL shoe to be complete flywire 2.0 on the upper (the askino boot was the first shoe period)...

LeBron 8 V3 was the first bball shoe to have a bball specific 180 unit aka porkchop bag in the heel ( skinner, rounded heel, shaped in the shape of a porkchop but still kept u evenly stable)

LeBron 9 is the first bball shoe to use hyperfuse 3.0 (fuse tech combined with flywire together)... First bball shoe to incorporate Nike combat padding in the shoe.....

... My point is the Kobe line is different then the LeBron line... Kobe is older and on his way out the leauge very soon so as far as his footwear he knows exactly what he wants in a shoe... We seen that wen he went from the Kobe 4 lunar and zoom setup to just a zoom setup up in the 5, 6, and 7.... Only firsts Kobe got in his line at the time of their release was lowest cut bball shoe... Lightest bball shoe with the 4 and 5, polyurethane foam islands on the 6... And now with the 7 is the changable bootie and floating heel clip in the bball category (lunareclipe had it first but its a runner)

you have good points. but regarding innovation, there are a lot of lapses in what you think is fact.
let me give you one: the Kobe 5 was the first shoe to incorporate skinwire/flywire 2.0- it was released 2 LeBron

KEEP THIS IN MIND FOLKS: the Kobe line features technology 1 year in advance. everything is one year in advance. so what we got in the ZK6 was used

They always make the ZK line high tech and advanced, kind of like a concept car that you can buy.

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

Yes it may be the "Concept Car" and has "advanced technology." The disadvantage of being the first is that it also has the burden of being the "Trial" product. When Apple released the first batch of iPhone4 they said that there was something wrong with the mobile carrier signal. After that the next few batches they fixed the problem. Same goes with shoes.
Kobe V was the first to make use of "skinwire technology" what happened...the material rips after about a few months of hard balling.
fx9z7r.jpg

And as for the Kobe 6's polyurethane foam islands and the new age flywire outer shell. Also rips same as the 5.

I have no hate on the Kobe line but are we really getting value for the money we pay for these "new technology?" NBA players play very competitive basketball compared to the majority of us consumers but they get new shoes all the time. Guys like me need to save up to be able to buy the latest and new technology shoes, there is no problem paying high prices shoes as long as get value for my money. I don't need a "shoe that molds to my feet" I need a "shoe that would last me at least year." 

Thank you Nike for giving us the Kobe line...the "Buster" (in reference to Mythbusters) of the Nike Innovation Kitchen. Peace!

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

Yes it may be the "Concept Car" and has "advanced technology." The disadvantage of being the first is that it also has the burden of being the "Trial" product. When Apple released the first batch of iPhone4 they said that there was something wrong with the mobile carrier signal. After that the next few batches they fixed the problem. Same goes with shoes.
Kobe V was the first to make use of "skinwire technology" what happened...the material rips after about a few months of hard balling.
fx9z7r.jpg

And as for the Kobe 6's polyurethane foam islands and the new age flywire outer shell. Also rips same as the 5.

I have no hate on the Kobe line but are we really getting value for the money we pay for these "new technology?" NBA players play very competitive basketball compared to the majority of us consumers but they get new shoes all the time. Guys like me need to save up to be able to buy the latest and new technology shoes, there is no problem paying high prices shoes as long as get value for my money. I don't need a "shoe that molds to my feet" I need a "shoe that would last me at least year." 

Thank you Nike for giving us the Kobe line...the "Buster" (in reference to Mythbusters) of the Nike Innovation Kitchen. Peace!

That's the first and only time I've ever seen the kobe 6 ripped. The 5 I've seen a lot along with the hyperdunk 2010s but no one has every brought back any kobe 6s to us with rips.

That's the first and only time I've ever seen the kobe 6 ripped. The 5 I've seen a lot along with the hyperdunk 2010s but no one has every brought back any kobe 6s to us with rips.

I've been balling hard on my zk6 for almost a full year now. Been playing on weekends, and I've played in 2 leagues plus
one ongoing league right now. Apart from the creases, no damage whatsoever. (I sometimes play outdoors)
these aren't XDR too.

The ripping is part of the process, I know it's bad and unacceptable but that's why you can send it back for another pair.
Honestly I haven't ripped through any of my zk5 with the way I've been playing and the zoom air stays bouncy.

maybe I'm lucky?

^ No...Neither have mine have ripped from balling either.

The most damage I've got was the print rubbed off on my POP V's. They looked horrible, but no rips.

^
haha. I guess it depends how one plays? I still think there's no excuse for ripping though.
I can see it happening on the 5s but the 6s? HELL NO.
the 7s look durable as hell tho. look at it, it's like a mini tank.

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Originally Posted by gentry187

I'm liking the VII's so far. No real complaints from me. But it's looking like they'll be taking the backseat this year.

Lebron IX > KD IV > Kobe VII
I feel the same way so far, though the Lebron 9s are the only ones I've seen in person/held in my hand. Gotta wait til December for the final verdict when I can see the other two up close.

as much as i hate the VI's they are durable. that pic of them cut had to have been a lie. i dont see anywhere possible for them to be cut like that unless dude ran them through a lawn mower. SRS

that pic of the V's is mine
laugh.gif
they are still durable as well but they had that thin outter sell that would rip. not all the way through the flywire but still. V's are the best basketball shoes Nike has put out period.

Originally Posted by LA KB24

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Kobes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lebron

anyone who thinks otherwise is bias as hell.

well done  
In what aspect?
Basketball, I agree Kobe is better. Shoes? Performance, thats up to the wearer. Looks? I think the Bron series > Kobe line.

I honestly dont understand why so much (if not all) of yall like the look of these shoes?
The VI are so much better looking than these

It is all subjective. The debate of which model is better can be never ending.

I read on iss that the black/grey are not the regular version and that the play fast midsole is part of the supreme. So I think the regular version's tongue is attached to the shoe itself. So only supreme can be customizable with sleeves and midsoles. Makes sense but damn I wanted it to be interchangeable between reg and supreme.

I do not like the fact the upper shoe looks just like or very similar to the VI, but I'm really feeling the polygon look for the mid sole.

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

I honestly dont understand why so much (if not all) of yall like the look of these shoes?
The VI are so much better looking than these

im not to crazy on the look either. but these do look like performance beasts!

Back
Top Bottom