Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

How do y'all feel about Versace Pour Homme vs Eau Fraiche?
in terms of what?

My bad, thought I posted more but I was in a rush. I like both scents but I was curious if there's a common belief whether one is superior to the other in terms of longevity, projection or any of the other cologne terminology and what type of setting they're best for...Eau Fraiche seems like more of a summer scent. Pour Homme I've only smelled in store but I liked it. Then I guess just generally if you prefer one scent over the other.

How do y'all feel about Versace Pour Homme vs Eau Fraiche?

pretty much one in the same but with different smells

I think Pour Homme should really be called Versace Sport and Eau Fraiche should be the Pour Homme

Thanks.

My bad, thought I posted more but I was in a rush. I like both scents but I was curious if there's a common belief whether one is superior to the other in terms of longevity, projection or any of the other cologne terminology and what type of setting they're best for...Eau Fraiche seems like more of a summer scent. Pour Homme I've only smelled in store but I liked it. Then I guess just generally if you prefer one scent over the other.
Thanks.
Oh okay. Well for starters you definitely were right about eau fraiche, it's great in the summer. I get great longevity and projection out of it, but I know a lot of people don't.
VPH is good for any season, I'd say it's better in warmer weather but can be pulled off all year. I've never given it a full wearing, but I've heard it has longevity issues.

How do you guys get samples and stuff? I need to step up my cologne game. So far what i know is that NSJ does splits of a certain cologne everybody wants, etc. But as far as sampling, where do you guys order samples from? Seeing things like my samples package in etc...

** SPLIT Fusion Sacree For Him by Majda Bekkali ** 120ml available

From what I'm hearing it's the niche version of Pure Malt by Thierry Mugler. Most likely you would never pick up Pure Malt again.

Fusion Sacree - Obscur (Lui) Notes
Rum, citron, celery, sweet orange, neroli, cardamom, lavender, davana, bergamot, white coffee, tuberose absolute, cloves, geranium, sweet william pear, liquorice, benzoin resinoid, opoponax resinoid, ambergris, cedar, sandalwood, vanilla, caramel and musk

5ml $13

10ml $22

20ml $40

any other amounts or question, PM me
100ml available. Bottle will be purchased at 50ml.

thought more people would want a better version of Pure Malt.

How do you guys get samples and stuff? I need to step up my cologne game. So far what i know is that NSJ does splits of a certain cologne everybody wants, etc. But as far as sampling, where do you guys order samples from? Seeing things like my samples package in etc...
anything in particular you want samples of?

anything in particular you want samples of?
well... I have no idea. Im not versed at all in cologne, I only have a Calvein Klein cologne at the moment. From what I'm reading though, I wouldn't mind get some samples of the Gucci Pour Homme II et La Nuit de L'homme. What is TV that you're selling at the moment? I don't understand the acronym.

Creed imperial gold bottle (the OG scent bit by Sean John)
Bond NY Hampton
Platinum Chanel
Or the wallet friendly Banana Republic M

well... I have no idea. Im not versed at all in cologne, I only have a Calvein Klein cologne at the moment. From what I'm reading though, I wouldn't mind get some samples of the Gucci Pour Homme II et La Nuit de L'homme. What is TV that you're selling at the moment? I don't understand the acronym.
You can try out la nuit at macys/sephora/etc... if you want actual samples of it you could probably find it online. The gucci pour homme 2 will be hard to find in stores, though again you can find online.
TV is tobacco vanille by Tom Ford

You can try out la nuit at macys/sephora/etc... if you want actual samples of it you could probably find it online. The gucci pour homme 2 will be hard to find in stores, though again you can find online.
TV is tobacco vanille by Tom Ford
yea, I went back like 10 or so pages and found the name.

what are some good websites for cologne and stuff outside of fragrantica?

Tobacco Vanille

Thanks.
Oh okay. Well for starters you definitely were right about eau fraiche, it's great in the summer. I get great longevity and projection out of it, but I know a lot of people don't.
VPH is good for any season, I'd say it's better in warmer weather but can be pulled off all year. I've never given it a full wearing, but I've heard it has longevity issues.

Okay, cool. I appreciate it. I had Eau Fraiche so VPH would be more of a risk because although I've smelled it and know it was something I liked at the time, I can't really say which I like better and I feel like it's unnecessary to buy more than 1 at the moment considering what I have.

I guess I could go check out VPH again but that's more work than I feel like doing. :lol: I checked Sephora's locator and apparently it's in stock at the closest one, I'll see if I'm in that area anytime soon.

Need some advice from my fellow fragranceheads. A local decanter which is actually real close to me has a whole list of fragrances he's selling. I've tried a bunch of them but am wondering which other ones I should pick up from him. So far I'm looking to get a 10 ml decant of Pure Havane and 10 ml of some Burberry London (which I recommend you guys try for the fall/winter period). Any others on this list you would consider must trys?

-Chanel Allure Homme Sport (40ml available) $8 for 5ml, 10ml for $15
-Thierry Mugler Pure Havane (30ml available) $8 for 5ml, 10ml for $15
-Hermes Terre d'Hermes (40ml available) $8 for 5ml, 10ml for $15
-YSL La Nuit De L'homme (75ml available) $5 for 5ml, 10ml for $9
-Michael Kors Michael for Men (65ml available) $5 for 5ml, 10ml for $9
-Bulgari (Bvlgari) Black (45ml available) $5 for 5ml, 10ml for $9
-Rochas Man (30ml available) $3 for 5ml, 10ml for $5
-Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge (65ml available) $3 for 5ml, 10ml for $5
-Animale Animale for Men (50ml available) $3 for 5ml, 10ml for $5
-Zirh Ikon (70ml available) $2.50 for 5ml, 10ml for $4
-Perry Ellis M (75ml available) $3 for 5ml, 10ml for $5
-Juicy Couture Dirty English (20ml available) $4 for 5ml, 10ml for $7
-Jaguar Vision (60ml available) $3 for 5ml, 10ml for $5
-Burberry London (50ml available) $4 for 5ml, 10ml for $7
-Azarro Chrome Sport (60ml available) $3 for 5ml, 10ml for $5
-Tommy Bahama Men cologne (60ml available) $3 for 5ml, 10ml for $5
-Givenchy Play (70ml available) $5 for 5ml, 10ml for $9
-Perfumers Workshop Samba Ice (80ml available) $2 for 5ml, 10ml for $3
-YSL Live Jazz (50ml available) $4 for 5ml, 10ml for $7
-Versace The Dreamer (80ml available) $3 for 5ml, 10ml for $5
-ScentStory 24 Go Dark (60ml available) $4 for 5ml, 10ml for $7
-Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin (75ml available) $4 for 5ml, 10ml for $7
-Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin Eau de Minuit (75ml available) $4 for 5ml, 10ml for $7
-Cuba Gold, Red, Orange, or Blue NOT PICTURED (20ml of each available) $2 for 5ml, 10ml for $3

I would get the Chanel. But it is bottle worthy. Those prices aren't that good to be honest. With his prices, you'll pay $75 for a 1.7. Retail is $60.

$15 for a 10ml of Pure Havane? Nah B, I paid $8 for 10ml of pure malt from Needsomejays and those two are the same price.

But if you don't mind the prices, get the two you mentioned and the Chanel.

All those colognes can be had relatively cheap

I'd just research Fragrantica to see what two appeal and buy them from fragrance net

pure malt not currently on fragrancenet :nerd:
wonder how many bottles are still out there considering it's supposed to be limited

just got that TV from NSJ, and it smells amazing from inside the bottle. Can't wait to give it a few sprays tonight.

Great thread. Just started gettin into cologne and got a decent collection growing. Not sure if this has been covered yet but how and when do you guys go about applying your cologne? Ive seen and heard many different techniques/methods (fingertips/direct spray) and just wondering. Thanks in advance

Great thread. Just started gettin into cologne and got a decent collection growing. Not sure if this has been covered yet but how and when do you guys go about applying your cologne? Ive seen and heard many different techniques/methods (fingertips/direct spray) and just wondering. Thanks in advance
You can put it on whenever you want really. I just do direct sprays, usually each side of the neck, sometimes back of the neck too, chest, etc..
People usually go for pulse points. Not sure if this helps

You can put it on whenever you want really. I just do direct sprays, usually each side of the neck, sometimes back of the neck too, chest, etc..
People usually go for pulse points. Not sure if this helps

Yea thats mainly what I do. Post-shower, right before Im bout to head out, spray both sides of neck then middle of chest. Preciate it

Back
Top Bottom