Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

Imo the batches from late 2016 on are very similar. Subtle differences. 2015 and prior id say are a very different frag. Just my opinion.
I still let you guys know what batch you ur getting tho when i split. To regular ppl unfamiliar w it, like when u r out wearing it, it all smells the same.

GIT/SMW be having the yambs go crazy
I've never smelled SMW but I remember someone in here describing it as ink from a pen

Cut down? Let me they steppin on aventus like some work tryin stretch it lol
:lol: :lol:

giphy.gif

Aventus + GIT is a winner in my book... Never wear GIT solo though
never tried this combo before, so you layer both on top of each other?

giphy.gif

I thought aventus was aventus. Where are these batch identifications coming from? How are the batches different?

All Creed frags have a batch code but Aventus has the most variation with scent. With some batches there are slight differences and with some huge differences. Some light.. some darker..some pineapple heavy.. some apple heavy. Some have vanilla notes or smoke notes.

And I own 33 bottles, 6 flacons and have tried about 87 batches.

I've never smelled SMW but I remember someone in here describing it as ink from a pen

:lol: :lol:

giphy.gif

never tried this combo before, so you layer both on top of each other?

giphy.gif

SMW does have an ink note/vibe it’s so well done imo and it’s beast mode on my skin. There are also some very good clones for good prices on the market. I happened to luck up and get the 4oz bottle on notino for like $110 mane I miss that site

SMW does have an ink note/vibe it’s so well done imo and it’s beast mode on my skin. There are also some very good clones for good prices on the market. I happened to luck up and get the 4oz bottle on notino for like $110 mane I miss that site

Yup till this day I have a pretty much unused full bottle of SMW....it was a blind buy I regret along with New Haarlem

Got in a split of Aventus and I like it. I like how citrusy it is at first but then I get like a smokey/tobacco scent after the citrus fades away which kinda throws me off but has me liking it :lol: . I think I would only use it though for special occasions/events and in the fall or winter time because I think it’d be too Smokey for the warmer months. You guys rocking this year round?

Anybody try ADG Essenza or know where I can buy a small split/decant? I wanna check it out but I don’t wanna drop the full price for a bottle when I’m not even sure I’d like it. Also Idk if it’s just because I’m very new to colognes and basic but I really like the Armani/ADG line. To me, they all have a good, citrus/fresh scent to them and it’s not too sweet (which is what I really dislike) yet they still smell masculine.

Yup till this day I have a pretty much unused full bottle of SMW....it was a blind buy I regret along with New Haarlem
What would you trade it for.

I don't know much about it but I want some creed in my life.

No lie, I might start doing some of this split stuff. I live across the street from a Neiman Marcus, ill take a pic of what they have.

Last edited:
I don’t see the reason to buy a retail bottle unless you:

1.) are a bottle collector
2.) don’t know if you can trust your split plug

Just go on Basenotes split forum and make sure others are vouching for the juice getting split. They’re all snobs who can tell fake Aventus.. most people on there selling are enthusiasts only wanting legit juice too.

I’ve split 3 times. Happy with all 3.

Just go on Basenotes split forum and make sure others are vouching for the juice getting split. They’re all snobs who can tell fake Aventus.. most people on there selling are enthusiasts only wanting legit juice too.

A bottle has a longer shelf life than a decant and it looks a million times better.
Not to mention the value increase over the years. I have a bottle I bought in 2017 for $200 thats worth $250 now.

Like the row on the far right is worth $350 and up a bottle now.
Vf7P1ET.jpg

Last edited:
A bottle has a longer shelf life than a decant and it looks a million times better.
Not to mention the value increase over the years. I have a bottle I bought in 2017 for $200 thats worth $250 now.

Vf7P1ET.jpg

What batch? :nerd:

I have a 10ml decant of DHI that I purchased about 3-4 years ago. I swear I only wore it 1x or 2x and its half empty like the juice is evaporating or something :lol:

I agree it looks better but I wear it to smell good to women while I’m out. I could care less about the bottle.

I run through a decent amount and I reup yearly so it doesn’t make sense for me to worry about shelf life.

Good to know there are benefits to the bottle tho. Just not for me.

Good to know. I'll check it out.

There were literally like 30 Tom Fords and 20 creeds. The day I'm ready to drop that bag, I'm going in the with a list and sampling each and every one and will tell the rep to leave me alone until I'm done. I'll let you know when I'm ready to buy.

Last edited:
I went on basenotes and felt like a 5 year old on the first day of kindergarten. It feels so weird being on a forum other than nt.

Last edited:
20190108_011909.jpg

Got a big trip at the end of the month so I gotta be smelling right. This way I can see how I like it after extended time. Just 5 bucks and it's pretty much definitely authentic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190108-011641_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20190108-011641_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 7
Moms came through in the clutch and surprised me with the ombre leather. Now I'm curious about this tom ford f****** fabulous.

Back
Top Bottom