Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

NSJ, you thinking about doing an upcoming Fall/Winter Cool weather sampler pack?
yeah im sure ill throw something together
probably not til at least the end of september though

I know for sure I'll split
a men
pure malt
pure havane
la nuit
tobacco vanille
new haarlem

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone that participated in the DHI Split, should have all decants packaged and shipped by Thursday.

Next split:
Dior Homme (Vintage)
Pretty much the day/office/class friendly version of DHI and can even be pulled off in the summer nights, great year-round frag.
I have 100ml available for reserve and up to 200ml if need be.
5ml, 10ml decants

Any interest pm me.

ahhhhh nice to have another splitter around here
got any others planned for the future?

Last edited:
what does DHI smell like?

planning to get Aventus and 1 other fragrance... smelled Bleu de Chanel recently and really liked it. would you guys recommend Bleu, DHI, or new haarlem? looking for something thats unique but can be worn in a bunch of different settings (including work).

planning to get Aventus and 1 other fragrance... smelled Bleu de Chanel recently and really liked it. would you guys recommend Bleu, DHI, or new haarlem? looking for something thats unique but can be worn in a bunch of different settings (including work).
If you want something thats more versatile out of your choices, go with Bleu for sure.  DHI and New Haarlem are quality but arent exactly work/professional scents, as they can very easily get cloying and offensive to some.  The fresher Bleu is very versatile and will definitely suit many situations, from work to the club to a date/night out.

As for what DHI smells like, think a very strong makeup/lipstick, powder, with some vanilla and amber in the background.  Also has some vetiver(kind of a dark grass/earth like scent) and cedar notes. The makeup/lipstick/powder is the main part of the scent, with the vanilla a little less so.  Great fragrance but definitely not for everyone, especially if you dont like scents that may lean more toward the feminine side.

Last edited:
Aventus is here! Gave no dambs and put the Happy away and gave myself two sprays while diddy boppin around the apt :lol:

My girl woke up and took a huge whiff of my neck and said she didnt like it haha, i like it on initial smell and can somewhat see the http comparison but i know itll change throughout the day

Got a big meeting as soon as i get to work, hopefully get some compliments

Aventus is here! Gave no dambs and put the Happy away and gave myself two sprays while diddy boppin around the apt
laugh.gif

My girl woke up and took a huge whiff of my neck and said she didnt like it haha, i like it on initial smell and can somewhat see the http comparison but i know itll change throughout the day

Got a big meeting as soon as i get to work, hopefully get some compliments
laugh.gif
 Nothing like that feeling of getting a new bottle 
pimp.gif

Tossed on some HTTP

I was Diddy boppin around the house before work and think I got over zealous and hit myself with like 6 sprays

Last edited:

fragrantica

Dior Homme Intense  by Dior  is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Dior Homme Intense  was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Francois Demachy. Top note is lavender; middle notes are iris, ambrette (musk mallow) and pear; base notes are vetiver and virginia cedar.

the make-up note is actually the Iris. On first blast (30 seconds) I get a green feel from DHI, which could be the vetiver and pear something light and sparkling. Soon after the cocoa and powdery iris comes into play. It stays powdery throughout, but it tones down throughout the longevity. The vanilla, light woods, musk and cocoa are key players in the drydown, I also get a bit of leather.. Not much of the amber. 

All in all, it's a sensual, sexy, cozy fragrance. Not for day time or casual use. I use it for when i'm trying to make a statement and be suave at the same time. I've never gotten less than 12hrs longevity and usually 24+ .

Anyone use Armani Code Ultimate?? I've heard good things about it.

Last edited:
thanks to this thread i have become completely obessed with cologne. i have always loved nice scents but i used to be a spray,sniff, judge type cat.

Now im actually spraying it and really trying to get a feel for where or when i would where a scent.

Went to macys with my lady last night, as she shopped i wandered the cologne section and added about $200 worth of cologne to my need list.(chanel allure homme sport, Bleu de chanel, pure havanna, YSL's etc.). and my macys has a weak selection. i refuse to go in my saks frgrance department now cause ill be in there justinfying that $250 a bottle juice and i dont eem need to be on the right now.lmao

Waiting on my smells in the mail which i now will only make me want to buy more sniffs.

Tl;DR
Im Strung out

^ i feel you on Saks :lol: , and everything else. On point.

Worst thing is i lost my wallet a few months back that not only had a 100$ whole foods gift card in it, but 340$ at saks :/

Def like figuring out where and when to wear the fragrances tho. Appreciate the info on DHI biase, can't wait to try that on a Fri/Sat jazz bar type of night

I havent touched my 2012 issey in a good month now, only my l'homme like once.

Love the Aventus smell so far, def noticing the difference on the dry down. Not sure where id normally wear this besides the bars though, maybe work once every blue moon?

Last edited:
thanks to this thread i have become completely obessed with cologne. i have always loved nice scents but i used to be a spray,sniff, judge type cat.

Now im actually spraying it and really trying to get a feel for where or when i would where a scent.

Went to macys with my lady last night, as she shopped i wandered the cologne section and added about $200 worth of cologne to my need list.(chanel allure homme sport, Bleu de chanel, pure havanna, YSL's etc.). and my macys has a weak selection. i refuse to go in my saks frgrance department now cause ill be in there justinfying that $250 a bottle juice and i dont eem need to be on the right now.lmao

Waiting on my smells in the mail which i now will only make me want to buy more sniffs.

Tl;DR
Im Strung out

Once you start it's game over lol

that USHER joint is low key on point... earthy and citrusy .... 

I really disliked Usher's scents, ill peep it again it's always at Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Ross

Same here.. i usually buy one bottle at a time for each season, but now i find myself wanting to by multiples for certain occasions.. i also find myself wanting to buy some of the more expensive colognes.. my limit is usually around a $100 but for the bottles i had in mind i'm looking at $200 and up.. maybe ill just get in on a split soon  

Last edited:
quick little update

I ordered a new bottle of http, there are still up to 60ml available on the bottle
after this bottle I will not be doing another one, at least not for awhile

also still have 210ml of aventus left
again, wont be doing another one for a while

Last edited:
I seriously get olfactory fatigue with every cologne
less than 3 hours in and I cant even smell the happy I put on

Back
Top Bottom