Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Starting to work on the baby's room. September is right around the corner :wow:

One thing my wife and I were discussing was cable TV. Does everyone here have cable? Do you guys think Netflix and Amazon Video have enough kid shows to keep a child entertained?

We've cut the cord and have been using Hulu along with subscriptions for Netflix, Amazon, and HBO GO from Mom. :lol:

HBO Go has every single Sesame Street episode, so we just pick a year and let it play. He's at the point where as soon as I pull up HBO Go, he starts saying,"ELMO!!" :lol:

I have an Amazon Firestick and it's got a lot of good kids content, but I can't imagine not having the variety and options of Disney Jr and Nick Jr on Comcast live TV and on demand.

Aint no child of mine watching Caillou. Hate that show. My niece watched it all the time and she had a phase where all she did was whine.

7VN5Ep5.gif

We stay on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Paw Patrol, Curious George, and Blaze.

Blaze is super cool and very educational IMO for that 3/4 yr range. My son will actually take what the show teaches and apply it to his cars sometimes. It's pretty cool.

Another option is youtube. There are a ton of educational videos on there. You might even find full episodes of cartoons as well. I'd recommend Blippi on youtube.

Last edited:
Gonna get my kid into wrestling like my dad did to me when I was a kid but prolly gonna wait till he's around 4 or 5 :lol:

bruh i hate that lil balled headed crybaby
show should be taken off air

:lol:

My daughter loved this show till she turned 4 this year, shes more into the youtube videos now with the kids reviewing toys/candys etc.

Once i caught her watching this japanese kids show on youtube...in japanese :lol:

NT fam, I have been lurking in n out of this thread for almost 2 years now just reading up on everyones experiences, stories, successes, etc ..

Proud to say my baby girl was born Wednesdsy night, just an hour before her moms birthday. I cut that cord and it was the greatest feeling in the world. It was like it made it official.

She was 20in long, born May 24
My baseball numbers are 20 & 24, where I got the numbers in my SN from :smile:

Last edited:
:lol:

My daughter loved this show till she turned 4 this year, shes more into the youtube videos now with the kids reviewing toys/candys etc.

my four year old does this too! what is it with those vids? what do they get out of it?

Once time she was singing in front of me n my wife and after she was done she was like "subscribe to my channel!" LOLOL

NT fam, I have been lurking in n out of this thread for almost 2 years now just reading up on everyones experiences, stories, successes, etc ..

Proud to say my baby girl was born Wednesdsy night, just an hour before her moms birthday. I cut that cord and it was the greatest feeling in the world. It was like it made it official.

She was 20in long, born May 24
My baseball numbers are 20 & 24, where I got the numbers in my SN from :smile:

Congrats man!

my four year old does this too! what is it with those vids? what do they get out of it?

Once time she was singing in front of me n my wife and after she was done she was like "subscribe to my channel!" LOLOL

Man i wont lie sometimes i be getting hooked myself as well when i be nosy to see what shes watching :lol:

Bro she would ask for make up randomly and i would tell her no ( thinking maybe its cause of her mother since my daughter watches her get ready for work)

...well, one day i see her infront of the mirror and shes talking to herself like

"okay guys, we take this and put it like this on your mouth"
*Faking putting lipstick on her mouth*

Then it hit me, she watches those make ups reviews that those girls be posting and such :lol: maaaaan

Those kids YouTube toy videos are huge right now. I give my kids some tablet time and they are all about it harder than tv. Some of these channels have gone platinum!

One thing my wife and I were discussing was cable TV. Does everyone here have cable? Do you guys think Netflix and Amazon Video have enough kid shows to keep a child entertained?

You worried about cable tv for a newborn?

Smfh

Those kids YouTube toy videos are huge right now. I give my kids some tablet time and they are all about it harder than tv. Some of these channels have gone platinum!

This. My 5 year old dont need cable in her room maybe ever

Tablet for an hr a fee times a week and her cartoons on the big tv before bed. The rest of the time i make her play with her 20k worth of toys and use her imagination or learn

Cable tv is garbage mostly, i dont watch anything thats not live sports or on netflix/kodi/youtube

Starting to work on the baby's room. September is right around the corner
eek.gif

Cable TV in the house or in your kids room?

Cable TV in the house, yes. But no TV in the kids room. 

Cable TV in the house or in your kids room?

Cable TV in the house, yes. But no TV in the kids room. 
i was anti cable in my kids room
until they were in first grade
then i hooked it up
now they have cable
and video game systems
no video game on school nights
and they used to just have basic cable
now sine they are 10 and 11 they have all the channels
my 10 year old still watches pepper pig :lol:
i be making fun talking bout i a tell her friends
my son me and him always watch the good cartoons together
like legend of korma or young justice or regular show
those are like our daily rituals together.
cable in kids room is ok as long as u monitor what they watch
and give them a time limit on how much each day

Back
Top Bottom