Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

In DC area @Riverdale

Been looking for a place close to my job or to my house.

Thank you for those hoping we something lol

Yes all day @Blake

It's a little different her in the A. I think the most I've seen is like $250 a week. For $2300 you can have you mansion here in ATL.

But I hope you find something.

Last edited:
Sheesh, ur better off being a stay at home mom if you have more than one child for sure. 2300 a month :x thats like the total of my mortgage, car, creditcards, electric, gas haha basically everything but student loans and child care

for his first two years, we sent my son to a daycare that cost about $1900/month. that did not include diapers, wipes, or food (except small snacks). paying that much really sucked but they gave us a pretty detailed accounting of each day, the staff was attentive, infant ratio was 1:3, hours were from 6 to 5:30, and there were tons of cameras in there. his current school costs about $1200/month. for his last year of preschool, my son got into a school for hawaiian/part-hawaiian kids and the whole year is gonna cost us 3k and that includes after school care to 5pm :lol:

Glad I don't gotta daycare. We went to check out one that was ghetto AF. The lady was an older Hispanic lady, and I guess she didn't know me and my girl walked into the class and she was yelling at some kid scolding him. Lol

It was cheap but damn. I wouldn't take my kid there when I could yell at him for free.

We pay about $2000 for two kids (3 and 1 year old). Seems like a lot, but he learns a ton at school. I remember a few months ago i was changing my sons clothes and he was fidgeting with his fingers. Looked like he was throwing up gang signs or something. Come to find out, he was signing the alphabet 
laugh.gif

Daycare with a curriculum is truly an investment. His is so high because he is an infant. Once he gets older it drops to like 1500. Still have more places to check out but I'm glad we started with that place because I have something to compare the others too.

yeah, our daycare was great. my son was signing before he began to talk. their whole curriculum was great. my wife and i toured the same school to see if we were gonna do his last preschool year there and they got 4 year olds learning rudimentary division and using an abacus to add and subtract. we ended up going with the cheaper hawaiian school because they seem more emotionally nurturing and my son's academics are already being addressed through kumon and private tutoring.

View media item 2456432
Had our daughters first birthday party this past Saturday. It was fun but so stressful. I'm glad we're done with that. She actually turns 1 on the 18 and we're planning a Disney trip that day.

If you guys get your kids the little tikes perfect fit 4-in-1 trike be aware it's the most pain the *** thing to put together. I spent about 4 hours doing it last night. It's a cool trike but man it sucks to put together.

Duly noted, was looking at a trike for my 2yr old on Amazon I think Imma just grab an assembled one from Walmart instead

My daughter is 15 months and i feel like shes in a wierd spot where her toys arent really doing anything for her.

I feel like everything is either too young or too old for her.

She likes her shape sorter but gets bored pretty quick.
I got her a set of wooden blocks that stack and nest into each other and she likes those.

I try to keep tv educational..I found these videos on youtube that do kids songs in portugese and she really likes those, but im tryna limit tv as much as possible.

I have 2 kids in preschool and it's $1900/month for the both of them. Plus we're planning to send them to private school so it's going to be $2K a month for the next 18 years.

that day care is no joke man... my twins are 9 months now and my wife is still home with them.

we want to send them to day care so she can go back to work. its so expensive here in houston.

one of the most stressful things right now is trying to figure everything out...

its like if she goes back to work she will just prolly be working to pay for day care.

that day care is no joke man... my twins are 9 months now and my wife is still home with them.

we want to send them to day care so she can go back to work. its so expensive here in houston.

one of the most stressful things right now is trying to figure everything out...

its like if she goes back to work she will just prolly be working to pay for day care.

That's the truth right there. My wife decided to stay home for that same reason.

My wife and I are fortunate to have pretty good careers that allows us to afford day care and still be able to some fun with the kids. I am looking forward to my mother in law retiring in a few years and helping us with at least picking up the kids after school though. 

Did you get up and chase her? Lol
I feel ya on the expensive daycare.
Just listed my daughter in sylvan learning center.
Cost about $5000 for 3 months. The lady asked me if I wanted to finance, I just stood there like [emoji]128563[/emoji]

So im in the bathroom...sitting on the toilet...my daughter(15months) walks in..snatches the toilet paper and runs out
laugh.gif
LOL...My daughter does that all the time man.

So far, my first daughter loves her sister.  All she wants to do is hug her, rub her head and kiss her.  She walks around the house asking for "bebe" when she doesn't see her...LOL

Finally found a spot for daycare. It's affordable, Christian based, and they have cameras everywhere. They also teach babies sign language, Spanish and consistently read to them. There was also no ridiculous waitlist so I'm in.

My daughter has been off the hook in the middle of the night. She'll wake up and start crying out of nowhere. We try to comfort her by giving her some water, but as soon as she finishes drinking she's crying. Since she has four teeth coming in, I tried massaging her cheeks and jaw and that calmed her and she fell asleep. Last night, I massaged her legs and she knocked out.

Between the two nights, I've been kicked in my junk numerous times and have lost my patience because of how much lack of sleep I've had.

Has anyone dealt with something similar while their kid's teeth is coming out?

I'm glad her fever is gone, but she's still dealing with congestion. She plays and eats just fine, it's just that she's really clingly and she has these night cries.

My son didn't wake in the middle of the night but teething sucks for everybody...we tried so many different things when my son was teething...the best thing that work for us was some hylands teething tablets and froze some fruit and let him gnaw on it...good luck though dude...dont miss those times at all...
View media item 2459821View media item 2459822

Yeah...isnt really much you can do for teething other than cold teethers and stuff.

Could try some tylenol before bed time to help with the pain

Back
Top Bottom