Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

This. My 5 year old dont need cable in her room maybe ever

Tablet for an hr a fee times a week and her cartoons on the big tv before bed. The rest of the time i make her play with her 20k worth of toys and use her imagination or learn

Cable tv is garbage mostly, i dont watch anything thats not live sports or on netflix/kodi/youtube
this is us pretty much. tablet/tv is very limited. now my son loves to read books.

You worried about cable tv for a newborn?

Smfh

It was just a general question no need to get tight :rolleyes . Also who said i was putting tv in my kids room?

This is my first time being a father. I have tons of question and my fellow NT bros have been helping. If you got anything positive to contribute, stay in your lane.

Last edited:
It was just a general question no need to get tight :rolleyes . Also who said i was putting tv in my kids room?

This is my first time being a father. I have tons of question and my fellow NT bros have been helping. If you got anything positive to contribute, stay in your lane.

[emoji]128553[/emoji]

Whatever guy, I don't cloak my advice in nicieities

I told you what you needed to hear, hopefully

Good day, good luck

Gonna get my kid into wrestling like my dad did to me when I was a kid but prolly gonna wait till he's around 4 or 5 :lol:

Nice.  Took the boy to his first house show when he was five. 

View media item 2445563

Honestly, I can't wait until my boy is old enough to take to events like that although my daughter's about to turn two and she watches wrestling with me already and my wife isn't feeling that. She chokes up her cousin and pushes him and she says it's because she watches wrestling. Luckily, she's not making it that big of a deal yet but I have to hear it at least once every Mon/Tues night :lol:

My boy just hit 7 weeks. He's the best. Lil man gets a little fussy at night and my wife gets stressed so we're trying hard to work him into a schedule/routine but he's all over the place at night which is hard since she works mornings. I'm reading all this about the wonder weeks and witching hours lol. We really just don't know what to do. Swaddling ain't working. He eats every 3-4 hrs at night this kid is just a beast and requiring all of his mommy's attention.

Todlerhood. Man.

This dude is almost 21 months and throwing hands like a young Tyson when he's over tired or hungry (hangry). I think it's in part that he's learning many new words but isn't communicating as well as he wants to be. Swear you get a handle on one thing (sleep) there's another three.

Groupon got a free 2 months of abcmouse.com for free. Yes its once of those cancel before they autorenew but it's only like $6.95 a month if you forget.

Finally got my daughter a jogger and the difference is night and day. Got the BabyTrends Expedition for $59 off walmart.com since that's a steal and it's rated higher than a lot of the name brand ones

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Trend-Expedition-Jogger-Stroller-Carbon/17689555

i put a bunch of learning apps on my kid's ipad and he says those were "too boring". dude rather play rescue bots or whatever else. he still goes to kumon and can read like a champ so i don't push the issue.

the big issue for us is figuring out what we will do for kindergarten next year. we live in a really crappy school district so i'd rather he go to a good private school but the cost is gonna be tough and admission is really competitive. we also don't want to burden a 4 year old with all kinda prep work to take tests. we just want him to enjoy being a kid.

i put a bunch of learning apps on my kid's ipad and he says those were "too boring". dude rather play rescue bots or whatever else. he still goes to kumon and can read like a champ so i don't push the issue.

the big issue for us is figuring out what we will do for kindergarten next year. we live in a really crappy school district so i'd rather he go to a good private school but the cost is gonna be tough and admission is really competitive. we also don't want to burden a 4 year old with all kinda prep work to take tests. we just want him to enjoy being a kid.

Im in the same dilema as well.Shell be going to pre school in the fall.
All i can say is to stay on top of it. Teachers, HW, studying...thats what im planning on doing.

My daughter is going to be tough...she learns quick and then gets bored fast..and then would like to play. We'll see!

Daughter had a 102 fever all of Saturday. Then her fever went away Sunday. This morning, she had a light fever 
frown.gif

She acted normal, playing, yelling, eating, which is great. 

I went to check to see if anymore teeth were coming in and yes, she has four teeth coming in at the same time. So that could explain the fever.

Daycare is the devil. We went on a tour today and for infants they want 2300+ a month. That's more than our mortgage. I really loved the facility and what they do with the kids. Only thing I didn't like outside of the price was that when I walked in there was a kid laying on hardwood floor. I'm hoping he didn't fall backwards and land like that. Also they have a 4 baby to 1 provider ratio. I would prefer 3:1 honestly. We have tours for other facilities Tuesday and Wednesday so I'm hoping we find something more affordable with similar amenities.

Either the waitlist is ridiculous or the price is. Some places are booked all the way in 2018 smh

Daycare is the devil. We went on a tour today and for infants they want 2300+ a month. That's more than our mortgage. I really loved the facility and what they do with the kids. Only thing I didn't like outside of the price was that when I walked in there was a kid laying on hardwood floor. I'm hoping he didn't fall backwards and land like that. Also they have a 4 baby to 1 provider ratio. I would prefer 3:1 honestly. We have tours for other facilities Tuesday and Wednesday so I'm hoping we find something more affordable with similar amenities.

Either the waitlist is ridiculous or the price is. Some places are booked all the way in 2018 smh

Geesh where you located? That's alot

Sigh, daycare is so expensive. Hoping you guys find an option that works best for the family.

Cant imagine paying that much for day care. Luckily my mother in law doesnt live far from us and watches our kid. Downside to that is that my kid is never around any other kids, and when he is, he either hits them or doesnt let them play with his OR their own toys :lol:

When he turns 2 we plan on having him in daycare for a few days a week.

Last edited:
That's gotta be at least 8-5, right?  My wife was a teacher, so it made more sense (financially and otherwise) for her to stop working until both kids are in school.  Otherwise she'd just be working to send them to daycare.

In DC area @Riverdale

Been looking for a place close to my job or to my house.

Thank you for those hoping we something lol

Yes all day @Blake

Back
Top Bottom