Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

i remember it so clearly. for months my wife was telling me to tone down my language and i was brushing her off. my boy wasn’t even two i think. one day he was throwing a small fit and he told my wife give me the damn car! my wife goes what did you say? he yells GIVE. ME. THE. DAMN. CARRRRR!!!!

as my wife calmly began lecturing him, i could see her giving me the evil eye in the rear view mirror. i was super quiet the rest of the drive :lol:

i remember it so clearly. for months my wife was telling me to tone down my language and i was brushing her off. my boy wasn’t even two i think. one day he was throwing a small fit and he told my wife give me the damn car! my wife goes what did you say? he yells GIVE. ME. THE. DAMN. CARRRRR!!!!

as my wife calmly began lecturing him, i could see her giving me the evil eye in the rear view mirror. i was super quiet the rest of the drive :lol:
:lol:
kids man

Should of told her to keep her eye on the DAMN road

Yeah I'll never forget playing video games and dropping an F bomb. Which of course my barely 2 year old yelled it out

Some pretty good stories...:lol:

Same boat - he definitely emulates our words and behaviors as he just turned two.

Got him a little tikes tee ball set, so i showed him how to hit off of it and began with "1...2...3" as he was swinging. Now every time he swings a bat, he's going "1....2...3..."

My daughter picks up phrases from somewhere. Recently it's been "What she say?" with her lips pursed and head tilted and last night she brought out "No, you blow your nose"

Idk what's going on at daycare lol

my kid picked up "oh my god" from daycare initially probably a year ago

we just ignored because if we tried to tell her not to do it i'm sure it would make her say it more

she stopped and started doing it again, tried to correct her and told her to say "oh my gosh"

she tried to correct me and told me it's "oh my god" :emoji_disappointed:

pretty recently she was saying ****y, i just asked her where she heard it

anyone buy their kids shoes you like or shoes they chose?

now that i'm having a boy i'm checking out some toddler prestos on sale for the future :lol:

don't want it to become an expensive habit for him though and it's really early for that

now that i'm having a boy i'm checking out some toddler prestos on sale for the future :lol:

don't want it to become an expensive habit for him though and it's really early for that

I'm good on that. I try to keep my kids as fresh as possible but I'm not dropping $50+ on kicks that they'll only wear for 3 days before they grow out of it:lol: They're good on $10 Bubba Guppies/ Paw Patrol slip ons for now. I'll just wait until they start actual school to cop real kicks for them.

Speaking of which, my twins are about to turn 10 months in two weeks and my daughter can crawl fast AF and get into a push-up position, but my boy's still toppling over just sitting down. Kinda worried because my oldest daughter was already trying to prop herself up at their age. I know they say boys develop slower but I need to ask the Doc what's up with him.

It's an expensive habit for YOU because right now they don't care what's on their feet. More than often they're gonna get mad and try to take them off anyway, especially when they're really young. :lol:

We have been sticking with Stride Rites right now. They provide stability and support that's more essential than anything right now while they're learning to walk. Nikes/Jordans/etc. are just for you to flex in front of your friends, much like it is as an adult. lol

It's an expensive habit for YOU because right now they don't care what's on their feet. More than often they're gonna get mad and try to take them off anyway, especially when they're really young. :lol:

We have been sticking with Stride Rites right now. They provide stability and support that's more essential than anything right now while they're learning to walk. Nikes/Jordans/etc. are just for you to flex in front of your friends, much like it is as an adult. lol
Stride Rite is what we've mostly have been getting our girls...one of the few brands that sell wide sizes which are younger one needs right now

put a pair of flats from another brand on her and they were like sausage casings on her feet

will probably surf ebay and shoe sites for sales to get something every so often

Went to the astros game for my son's 4th bday...he loved it...bought $10 tickets and got there around the 4th and sat in some awesome seats...got to watch verlander pitch as well...

20170922_194847.jpg
20170922_204955.jpg

Attachments

• 20170922_205023.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
My wife is on maternity leave until March. This winter i want to take my wife and new born somewhere.

Any ideas? I want to keep the flight under 3 hours from Seattle.

we didn’t travel until my son was about 14 months old then we ended up going to japan. 9 hour plane ride :lol:

i’m not sure what you guys wanted to do but i can maybe suggest a few travel tips:
1) on our flight, they attached a bassinet to the wall in front of us and my son chilled in it (he slept on our laps though and not in that damn thing cause it was kinda small for him).
2) my wife breastfed him on take-off and descent. supposed to help with the ear popping.
3) we used a tula baby carrier and didn’t use a stroller. helped because i didn’t want to lug a stroller around and look for elevators in the train stations in japan. we also preferred a carrier because my son refused to sleep in a stroller for some reason.
4) no need for a car seat in japan but you’ll probably need to bring yours if you’ll be in a car/taxi. they make this car seat cover thing that has backpack straps and wheels on it. that thing helped a bunch on our last trip.

I traveled to from San Diego to San Antonio when my daughter was 3 months old... Luckily she was fine the entire flight.

As far as destination from Seattle, I say head south where winter is not too harsh... SF or LA or something... I think LA is about a 3 hour flight if it is non stop.

Anyone have to deal with Sagittal Craniosynostosis?

Was just informed that my little one has to get surgery :smh:

^^ never heard of it. But any surgery is serious. I wish lil homie the best!! Here’s to s speedy recovery !

Hey Bros!!

My son Gregory was born last week on 9/24/17, 6lbs 15 oz and 19 inches long.

I would have posted earlier, but the week has gone by so fast. I don't even know what day it is, probably from the lack of sleep.

Everything's good so far, and his older sister loves him to death.

Can't believe my son is finally here....

IMG_8255.jpg IMG_8347.jpg IMG_8374.jpg

Back
Top Bottom