Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

carmax is a good way to get a car.

got a couple of family members who swear by it, and you can get the same car you want from out of state for cheaper but gotta pay the shipping which is like a g

Yea I think she wants to put down like 5k for a 15k car. But it will all need to go in my name. I got good credit

Yea I think she wants to put down like 5k for a 15k car. But it will all need to go in my name. I got good credit

I wouldn’t put that much down for a car if you have good credit. Put the least down and then drop that $5K on the principal when you get your first payment or pay off that student loan.

If anything bro, try to find a solid car for cash.

Last edited:
you think buying a solid car from sone thats cheap would be better than getting her a car that would be more baby appropriate than my Kia Optima>?
any suggestions, she was looking into SUV or a crossover type car.

you think buying a solid car from sone thats cheap would be better than getting her a car that would be more baby appropriate than my Kia Optima>?
any suggestions, she was looking into SUV or a crossover type car.

I’m a firm believer in being debt free.

Im thinking about it this way, you’ll be financing a car that’s $15K with $5K down which is really $10K and it will deappreciate as soon as you buy it which honestly financing about $8K for $245 a month 60 months.

Perhaps can find a decent Honda/Toyota or small SUV. And, use that money on other expenses.

Or, finance it and use that $5K somewhere else..student loans, down payment on a house, college tuition funds, medical emergency funds, etc.

Stay away from them crossovers - Gas aren’t that great on them.

You only have one child, a car is fine bro. IMO.

When I first started, we had a Mustang (daughter’s mother car). It was paid off. We had that for awhile. 1 car and it was a coupe. :lol:

Eventually, i got that trash Lincoln LS :lol:

lol well she is really liking the Chevorlet Equinox.
We'll need a 2nd car since she is canadian, and will need to go up and down there while im working some times. and other little odds and ends places. also we'll be back home while she's 6 months pregnant. So I'm sure an extra set of wheels will help
But I do see your point. Idk where to look for people selling cars other than craigslist honestly.

Plus we plan on having more kids keep em all close in age if we can.

lol well she is really liking the Chevorlet Equinox.
We'll need a 2nd car since she is canadian, and will need to go up and down there while im working some times. and other little odds and ends places. also we'll be back home while she's 6 months pregnant. So I'm sure an extra set of wheels will help
But I do see your point. Idk where to look for people selling cars other than craigslist honestly.

Plus we plan on having more kids keep em all close in age if we can.

Autotrader, Cargurus, cars.com, eBay

My man is about to start a clan! That’s so unheard of, 3,4,5 kids.

That’s wusup fam. I’m too old in this game to do it.

yeah, family is saving our butts right now. my parents are retired and so they watch baby boy Mon/Fri and my wife is off Tues/wed/thurs (RN hours) but works every other weekend.

Man when you kids hit you with that sincere nonsense

My 3 year old: the birds are bugging me

Me : the ones in the sky

Him : iyeah

He was so serious

My daughter is almost three and she swears there's bumblebee's everywhere too. She crazy:lol:

Good talks regarding the struggle. Shout out to those making moves! Was making 90k in AZ (2010) but hella dropped to 35k after moving back to Cali..

Almost divorced my old lady and went back to the streets during these hard times.
Stayed strong and remembered my kids face especially my eldest. Can’t make goofy choices. Getting better but struggle still real. Working almost 7 days a week. Just copped the ebt on unders..150 for 350
We gon make it dammit

Good talks regarding the struggle. Shout out to those making moves! Was making 90k in AZ (2010) but hella dropped to 35k after moving back to Cali..

Almost divorced my old lady and went back to the streets during these hard times.
Stayed strong and remembered my kids face especially my eldest. Can’t make goofy choices. Getting better but struggle still real. Working almost 7 days a week. Just copped the ebt on unders..150 for 350
We gon make it dammit

Only temporary fam! Keep pushing!

Cost of living (and everything in general) is *** in NYC. We both work full time but it’s still a struggle financially. Thankfully we’ve had my wife’s aunt (who helped raise my wife) help us with childcare. We compensate her weekly and buy her groceries and it’s still far cheaper than any daycare options. We were also able to get him into a good head start program with a little finagling. :emoji_zipper_mouth:

Whatever you gotta do fellas!

Luckily my nephew and daughter go to the same elementary school, they go to the after school program for an hour, which gives my brother in law time to pick them up ... once i get off work i go pick up my daughter at my in laws house.

Wife got a new job now she starts at 730am and my daughter has been waking up super early to get dropped off at my in laws, we making it work.

Surprising my nephew and daughter with a disney cruise , heading out to SD today and board tomorrow should be fun.

Keep on being great fellas.

^^ that's an awesome surprise!!! How old are they? I wanna do that too once my son (7months) is old enough to enjoy and appreciate things.

now he just drools and poops....

my daughter is turning 5 on tuesday, we going to disneyland and doing the bippity bopity boutique thing where they dress the girl up as a princess and stuff (i don't know what else comes with it).

We staying at the great wolf lodge (waterpark inside the hotel) and hopefully she'll have fun. You only turn 5 once. After this, nothing until her debut.... LOL

Be ready to pay big for that boutique thing. It's around $300 i've heard. My boy took his daughter but took their own costume for her and just paid for the hair and make up which came out to $60 I believe.

yeah we already got her a dress and shoes from the disney store outlet.

will it still be $300 or $60?

DF76CC8E-93AE-4B61-AE02-A06C4BE8543B.jpeg
FDD9FB22-F9E3-4C97-B957-FC8E91594DE6.jpeg

Back from Vegas and straight to the beach. Gunna be my lil mans first real beach season. He was a newborn last yr. sykeddd

I asked my daughter if she wanted to have a brother or sister. She then began rambling and had no idea what she was saying.

I'll took her answer as a 'not sure' :lol:

Man, how did you guys prepare for baby #2? My wife has been super tired and sleeping early...So I've been doing everything when I get home from work.:frown:

I asked my daughter if she wanted to have a brother or sister. She then began rambling and had no idea what she was saying.

I'll took her answer as a 'not sure' :lol:

Man, how did you guys prepare for baby #2? My wife has been super tired and sleeping early...So I've been doing everything when I get home from work.:frown:
Get used to it. Parenting is exhausting. 6 and 10 months here. Honesty jus get the sleep schedule down if you can, the rest will work itself out. But if nobodys sleeping well.... no bueno haha arguments and fights are bounddd to ensue

I'm not much of a sleeper, I need like 3 hours and I'm good.
My wife how ever even before the baby could knock out 11 hours and still want more.
I talked to a mommy friend I have. She said for the baby shower, don't even ask for 0-9 months stuff. just go from 9 months to year and i will be thankful.
facts?

Back
Top Bottom