Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Quad cab Tacoma is a nice ride, man. 🤙🔥
Thanks man it’s my first car I purchased and I’m hoping to keep that thing forever. Got to give it some TLC it’s showing it’s age now. These are from a few years ago.

82FCFB48-6358-416D-85F8-A721C880959A.jpeg
5790649C-1962-41A7-86D7-9A341501DA2E.jpeg

Had to go buy the kid new school/basketball shoes today..Dude picked out the Giannis Immortality 2 and the Puma MB2 "Slime"!..No Jordans, Barkleys, Pippens, or even LeCramps..smh..I feel like a failure..

Had to go buy the kid new school/basketball shoes today..Dude picked out the Giannis Immortality 2 and the Puma MB2 "Slime"!..No Jordans, Barkleys, Pippens, or even LeCramps..smh..I feel like a failure..
The selection of real basketball shoes out there are so trash. Winded up getting my kid the lebron witness 6 I think they’re called. Imo most Jordans aren’t cut for real basketball anymore.

Chill Giannis the young GOAT. I think my son is on his 2nd or 3rd pair of those immortality joints.

He has a ton of jays too tho lol

Here he is hopping in the Giannis joints and he recently un-Ds'd some playoff 12s at a practice. I can't front the sneakerhead in me was like "damn you just Gon hoop in these asap huh", had to remember these are just shoes and he's 5. Might as well enjoy what you got.

20230116_175002.jpg

20230109_180339.jpg

after years of lurking this thread, I am finally joining the NT Dad gang :pimp:.

We just found out this morning after Feyoncé ran thru 2 preggo tests. She about 2 weeks atm. It hasn't sunk in yet but I'm overwhelmed with joy and shedding happy tears rn. Any advise on what to expect for first time parents? :nerd:

after years of lurking this thread, I am finally joining the NT Dad gang :pimp:.

We just found out this morning after Feyoncé ran thru 2 preggo tests. She about 2 weeks atm. It hasn't sunk in yet but I'm overwhelmed with joy and shedding happy tears rn. Any advise on what to expect for first time parents? :nerd:
Enjoy all your hobbies now!
Congratulations champ

Your gonna get a lot of advice, ignore most of it lol.

Only thing I’ll say is, spend time with the wife/girl before the baby comes. Your relationship with each other will never be the same when baby arrives. Changes the whole dynamic. So enjoy the time and habits you guys have with each other now.

Just moved into our first apartment Wednesday. Damn it feels great having room for both kids. Moving sucks so much though, I was joking with my wife that we’re dying here cause I never want to move again :lol: .Just shocked me how much stuff we have and we fit into a tiny trailer before. Now I really got to be on my money management. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Just moved into our first apartment Wednesday. Damn it feels great having room for both kids. Moving sucks so much though, I was joking with my wife that we’re dying here cause I never want to move again :lol: .Just shocked me how much stuff we have and we fit into a tiny trailer before. Now I really got to be on my money management. Any tips are greatly appreciated.
Not even being funny save for a house at some point fam. It's an asset you can pass down to your children. Moving sucks for sure but do one more for the family.

Happy for you guys in the mean time. Tell your kids take it easy on that rental too.

oh man! Have a father/daughter dance this friday, but my babygirl came down with a fever Tuesday night (no cough, sniffles or COVID). she's still hovering around 100.1 degrees, but hope with a couple of day's rest we'll be able to make it.....

daughter is at the beginning of her tantrum stage. she’s 13 months.

how do y’all deal with it? trying to be proactive early

I know this is going to sound like hippy, dippy American BS, ('They spoil their damn kids, that's the problem with America!'), but tantrums and acts of defiance are indicators of an unmet need that has nothing to do with the moment. It's not written in all kids' DNA that when they get close to 2, 'Here comes the Terrible Twos!' That's not guaranteed. It can be avoided.

Whatever you do with your child, do it with love & understanding FIRST, explanation of consequences and expression of disappointment SECOND.

When my son was that age, there were times when I would handle his frustrating outbursts by getting closer to him. Like if he was playing on the floor, I would get down on the floor and talk to him and try to see what's wrong in that moment, UNDERSTANDING that he has an extremely limited vocabulary.

There were other times where I would set him on my lap like if I was watching TV and just have him sit on my lap and hold him and, same thing, try to talk to him.

And there were other times where I would put him on time out and tell him that he can stay there until he figures it out.

And there were times where I really felt like I was losing myself, so I would literally exit the room, slam the door and just go on doing whatever I was doing, cooking or watching a game or whatever. So basically just ignore him with the door closed.

I wish I did less of the 3rd & 4th. 🤦‍♂️

Our kids WANT to be connected to us. That doesn't mean literally all the time stay in our pocket, but they want to know that we are important to them, no matter what.

There's my input/insight/whatever.

The interesting part about this journey so far are the old wives tales. They are hilarious :lol:

My Mother-in-law swears we having a boy after she hung a chain over my lady's hand and it was swinging back and forth. Ftr, idc what we're having as long as the baby is healthy.

I know this is going to sound like hippy, dippy American BS... 'They spol their damn kids, that's the problem with America!'... but tantrums and acts of defiance are indicators of an unmet need that has nothing to do with the moment. It's not written in all kids' DNA that when they get close to 2, here comes the Terrible Twos! That's not guaranteed. It can be avoided.

Whatever you do with your child, do it with love & understanding FIRST, explanation of consequences and expression of disappointment SECOND.

When my son was that age, there were times when I would handle his frustrating outbursts by getting closer to him. Like if he was playing on the floor, I would get down on the floor and talk to him and try to what's wrong in that moment, UNDERSTANDING his extremely limited vocabulary.

There were other times where I would set him on my lap like if I was watching TV and just have him sit on my lap and hold him and, same thing, try to talk to him. And there were other times where I would put him on time out and tell him that he can stay there until he figures it out.

And other times where I really felt like I was losing myself, so I would literally exit the room, slam the door and just go on doing whatever I was doing, cooking or watching a game or whatever. So basically just ignore him with the door closed.

I wish I did less of the 3rd & 4th. 🤦‍♂️

Our kids WANT to be connected to us. That doesn't mean literally all the time stay in our pocket, but they want to know that we are important to them, no matter what.

There's my input/insight/whatever.
makes perfect sense. thank you sir

Congratulations my guy!! Your life will change forever.

My only piece of advice is to take time to enjoy each stage of the process. Take mental snapshots because time just zooms by.

#NTFooty and #NTDad

Don’t give in, as hard as it may seem. It’ll only encourage them. Gotta let them work through their emotions. My daughter is 17 months this week, her tantrums usually last a minute max.

A majority of my daughters tantrums are around when she is told no or can’t have something she wants.

Back
Top Bottom