Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

I’m not sure when I last posted or what all I shared on my situation.
The mother of my child did end up coming to a pretty civil agreement. Still waiting for it to be legal. We are currently doing week to week with our daughter and driving about and hour and 15 each way once a week for an exchange. Definitely not what I envisioned, and emotionally it has been a roller coaster. It’s hard, very hard. It feels like she grows so much each time I see her.

I had her on a really good week this past week though :smile: started full on walking! At 11 months! So awesome to see :smile:

*To the fellas having issues with your co-parent, be sure to keep your composure because you don’t want to give them anything they can use against you in court

Made the trip to Portland/Beaverton to watch my son play
He made the first tackle of the game on the opening kickoff
He didn’t get as much playing time as I would have liked to see but he had an awesome time and it was a wonderful experience for him
150E19E3-5EE8-4E90-B87F-CBE684891172.jpeg

CA80C45B-79EF-401B-A522-642CFFA72049.jpeg

28DB263B-8FD1-4CBC-A01A-7B1F51669E09.jpeg

6BC3B7AB-9C9F-4009-9FFE-7CD9CCDFF1B6.jpeg

I guess I asked for this. Wife had preeclampsia-like conditions and baby’s heart rate was reading as elevated. Midwife was gonna induce her and not even 5 mins after we come to terms with that, the doctor changed plans and decided we needed a c-section. I had just installed the car seat this morning and at 2:08 PM my wife gave birth to a beautiful 5lb 13oz baby girl. She had to spend the first hour of her life in NICU but mom and baby are reunited and doing well. This was supposed to be a relaxing 3-day weekend with wifey and now we got a whole *** baby.

I guess I asked for this. Wife had preeclampsia-like conditions and baby’s heart rate was reading as elevated. Midwife was gonna induce her and not even 5 mins after we come to terms with that, the doctor changed plans and decided we needed a c-section. I had just installed the car seat this morning and at 2:08 PM my wife gave birth to a beautiful 5lb 13oz baby girl. She had to spend the first hour of her life in NICU but mom and baby are reunited and doing well. This was supposed to be a relaxing 3-day weekend with wifey and now we got a whole *** baby.
Congrats man....**** doesn't go as planned once you have a kid...might as well get used to it :lol:

Sounds like our daughter we were at set to induce on Father’s Day because that was already two weeks past her due date. My wife starting having contractions Friday morning and was fighting me on going to the hospital to just check. All night Friday she kept having contractions just not close enough. Saturday morning she was feeling so I told her let’s go. She was borderline so they decided to keep her since the next day she was supposed to be induced. Our daughter ended up being born that night at 10:44 PM and she had the same issues elevated heart rate but then rapidly dropping so it was go time. Congrats again man, enjoy every minute

Congrats fam

Congrats 🍾

So an a different topic as far as being a parent…

Is it just me, or do you find out who your friends actually are one who have a kid?

For real though, it really bums me out asking myself “how is my daughter turning one this month and none of my friends have made a single effort to meet her, and I’ve tried to ask them.”

Smh

So an a different topic as far as being a parent…

Is it just me, or do you find out who your friends actually are one who have a kid?

For real though, it really bums me out asking myself “how is my daughter turning one this month and none of my friends have made a single effort to meet her, and I’ve tried to ask them.”

Smh
To be fair, I am terrified of babies and it was worse before I had my own. I usually wait until 2 years plus to interact with my friends children because that’s when they start to feel solid and can communicate.

Congrats man. You’re in for quite the ride. Enjoy every step of the way.

I have a life insurance policy that I purchased in 2018. But 75% goes to my mom, 25% goes to my wife (who was my fiancé at the time). Now that I’m married with a baby, I’ve been meaning to increase it and have it all go to my wife. I recently listed my wife as the sole beneficiary of my 401k savings/ investments in case I pass.
What company did you go with for the life insurance and why?

NY Life, but I’ve been contemplating getting quotes from some of their competitors, to see which company will give me the best premium at the best price.
Is it a 20 year? I think it may be them who quoted me but they wouldn’t do anything above 20 years.

AAA was the next best quote for 30 years

Back
Top Bottom