Official NY Knicks 2021 preseason

Value of the franchise isn't just support from the fan base. It's the value of the arena, how much the TV deal is worth, the estimated selling price if Dolan was to sell the team, etc. Even us as Knicks fans, we don't monetarily support the team like we would if they were good. Nobody out here buying Julius Randle or RJ Barrett jerseys. Any Nike Knicks hoodies or whatever I've purchased in the past few years were on discount at like 50%. And I have 10+ friends who are Knicks fans and only 1 has been to a game the past 4-5 seasons.

Yea exactly. The Warriors evaluation went up due to the new arena, moving into San Francisco, and being at center of Silicon Valley. The money pumps up there. The potential earnings are astronomical.

It’s relatively close tho with the Knicks, Warriors, and Lakers. Lakers share an arena (not for much longer tho).

1. NY Knicks: $5.42 billion
2. GS Warriors: $5.21 billion
3. LA Lakers: $5.14 billion
4. Brooklyn Nets: $3.40 billion
5. Boston Celtics: $3.18 billion

Someone asked what would the Knicks be worth if we were a winning franchise?

I’d say about double, 9-10 billion easy. Warrior quadrupled in just 10 years, not out of the realm of possibilities that’s the Knicks would double.

We’d be arguabley the most valuable team on the planet, competing with Real Madrid, Dallas Cowboys, Yankees. We’re already there and we’re a losing franchise, so yea.

Value of the franchise isn't just support from the fan base. It's the value of the arena, how much the TV deal is worth, the estimated selling price if Dolan was to sell the team, etc. Even us as Knicks fans, we don't monetarily support the team like we would if they were good. Nobody out here buying Julius Randle or RJ Barrett jerseys. Any Nike Knicks hoodies or whatever I've purchased in the past few years were on discount at like 50%. And I have 10+ friends who are Knicks fans and only 1 has been to a game the past 4-5 seasons.
The arena is definitely one of the biggest parts. Getting prime city location with associated tax breaks is huge. Big part of why Warriors value skyrocketed so much is probably that brand new arena right in SF.

Lonzo huh.

No more reclamation projets please...we already got Dennis Smith Jr. Lonzo's better but I don't think I can tolerate anymore :lol:
We did the Mudiay and Vonleh thing too, I’m done with the high first round busts.

Last edited:
Last week guys were celebrating the fact that we missed out on Kyrie.

now we fantasizing a Kyrie and Rivers backcourt?

:wow:

:rofl:
I missed that part. But I would still take Kyrie over any guard on this roster. Shouldn’t even be debatable really. :lol:

Wouldn’t mind taking a flyer on Lonzo so long as we’re just trading our own trash for someone else’s

DSJr and a second round pick would be the only trade id be okay with but dudes about to be a free agent so it’d be smarter to just wait if we really wanted him

He shot 37% from three last year but all the way down to 28% so far this year so who knows what’s up w him

was marbury the last great pg we had in their prime? it feels like a while ago smh...when I tell people knicks need an elite pg they always say man you just need someone to bring the ball up the court... I'm like man it's not that simple lol

Elfrid Payton isnt going to grow with this team. He isn’t old, but it’s a journeyman at this point.

Lonzo may well be the same exact thing, but I’d rather take that chance with Lonzo than Elfrid.

Last edited:
Saw someone photoshop him in a Knicks jersey and I don't really play 2K anymore, but if the Knicks are full of low 70's players, he'd probably be their best player at a 78:lol:
I think Mitchell Robinson is like an 80. But the team is really hard to score with.

was marbury the last great pg we had in their prime? it feels like a while ago smh...when I tell people knicks need an elite pg they always say man you just need someone to bring the ball up the court... I'm like man it's not that simple lol
Marbury wasn’t great.

Marbury wasn’t great.
There's probably 1 billion people that would say other wise.

unnamed (1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom