Official NY Knicks 2021 preseason

And I Think there’s a strong possibility Obi will be involved in a trade if we’re looking at extending Julius.

I trust on Leon 100% bro.

This dude has been doing the right moves since he took over.

I know Obi is not paying off right now, but the move for Rose and the rumors seems like moves that will help Obi.

We just need someone with vision bro. We have a lot of short court/vision and bad passers.
I hope Obi sticks around but if Julius stays it’s going to be hard to fit him in.

Glad we’re overachieving but still annoyed the win now mindset it more a priority than developing our actual draft picks

i was thinking about that last night and it made me a little frustrated.
you can have momentum going one way or the other, but it's tough to do both.

developing these rookies is essential for the long run, getting into the playoffs this year less so

obi will be fine. can't believe how dudes are labeling him a bust barely a third of a way into the season with very few minutes of playing experience. it's too much pressure to put on a kid (yeah yeah he's 48 yrs old, etc)

I'm 100% on board for Beal. Dude is an elite scorer. If all 4 positions on the floor defend like they have been and Beal is on the floor doing his thing this team elevates from a 30ish win team to a 40-45 win team. The wizards are absolutely horrendous outside of Hachimura and the random game Russ plays decent.

Knox, Obi, Frank, 2021 FRP (both unprotected ours and the Mavs) for Beal you guys doing it?

I love Beal. Maybe my favorite player in the league.

But no, we're not in position to do this. Knox, Toppin, Frank can go but the picks are a lot to give up IMO for a team that still needs pieces to build on.

Knox, Obi, Frank, 2021 FRP (both unprotected ours and the Mavs) for Beal you guys doing it?
How’s the middle of the draft looking??

My initial thought is to say no and have them pick one or the other but if this draft class is weak outside of the top 10 I might consider it

beal not playing tomorrow. easy money
D22B7A67-C3DC-438B-9CF2-707B77859F68.png

Brad Beal is a good get...but we got a lot of holes to fill. This is a deep draft where we could get several guys who can actually play versus always getting mercenaries looking forward to the next contract and using the Knicks as a springboard to a pay day.

Kinda conflicted on it. If you can swap one of the first rounders for Obi I'd be with it.

Which one our young players who actually have talent aren't seeing the floor?
Frank
Knox
Obi

It’s not a hot take that our player development has been awful and a big reason for it has been always been playing 1 year contract guys over the young guys

Not every player we draft is supposed to be a franchise pillar and I agree that their individual talent is a part of it but players like Frank, Kev and Obi would 100% be thriving more so w other franchises that are development focused unlike us

I know its only been a quarter of the season but its clear to see that Obi is on a very short leash and dudes barely getting 10 minutes a game

You already know if we deal the 1sts this year unprotected odds are one of them will be in the top 3 and other will be top 8.

Frank
Knox
Obi

It’s not a hot take that our player development has been awful and a big reason for it has been always been playing 1 year contract guys over the young guys

Not every player we draft is supposed to be a franchise pillar and I agree that their individual talent is a part of it but players like Frank, Kev and Obi would 100% be thriving more so w other franchises that are development focused unlike us

I know its only been a quarter of the season but its clear to see that Obi is on a very short leash and dudes barely getting 10 minutes a game
None of those people are any good

Obi is 120 years old

None of those people are any good

Obi is 120 years old
That’s a cop out excuse

These kids went top 10 for a reason and it’s not like we picked them earlier than any other team would’ve

Teams like GSW, SAS, MIA have histories of turning late first and second round nobodies into serviceable roll players but anyone we draft is glued to the bench or out the league within 4 years

That ain’t coincidence nor does it fall solely on them

That’s a cop out excuse

These kids went top 10 for a reason and it’s not like we picked them earlier than any other team would’ve

Teams like GSW, SAS, MIA have histories of turning late first and second round nobodies into serviceable roll players but anyone we draft is glued to the bench or out the league within 4 years

That ain’t coincidence nor does it fall solely on them
Bruh. Frank and Knox are trash and have gotten plenty of opportunity here.

You know that

Obi gets his time and will continue to get time with actually having a PG on the team who breaks the defense down

You know that

Obi gets his time and will continue to get time with actually having a PG on the team who breaks the defense down
when you’re Frank, who’s had four coaches in four years and Knox, who’s had four in three there’s absolutely zero chance you’re going to develop properly as a pro or get the opportunities you should

Again, not saying they aren’t accountable in some aspects as well but they’d 100% be better pros if they got drafted by any other team than us

You know that

Man ....

Get on with that ....

Opportunity?

Bootay
Porter
And everyone you can think off were getting more minutes. No player development and no real offense.

They got their chances??? LoL

Bruh ...

Back
Top Bottom