Official NY Mets 2012 Thread. Time To Face The Yung God, Mets Face Harper For 3 Games.

IMHO, Johan should get a lifetime contract now.
laugh.gif

That sealed the deal. Glad David was around to witness it too. Gary, Keith, and Ron calling it and not on Fox was a plus as well.
pimp.gif

I can't even lie, that was awesome to see.

I had the Yankee game playing on my radio while I took a shower, and they mentioned Johan had a no-no going through six. I got out, and saw my dad already had it on (die-hard Mets fan since their inaugural seasons, so you know this is a big deal to him). I will never forget the look on my dad's face when the game ended. In fact, I took out my phone as Johan was winding up for what I was hoping was the final pitch, and I got very lucky, because it was. My dad did a fist-pump like it was Jersey Shore season 1
laugh.gif

Johan should even have a Cy Young under his resume for the Mets, but that's not the issue here.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

my ray of sunshine on what was an otherwise +*#%$! friday.
pimp.gif
 Johan.
Felt the same way. I was instantly picked up by this.
Shame on ESPN for not notifying us until it was finished.
mad.gif
 Would've loved to have seen this play out live. 

I got these tickets for free and my boy is one of the supervisors of the concession stands.  Free beer & food all night
pimp.gif

I got the Johan authentic for $20 on eBay a couple days ago.
glasses.gif

Series win would mean getting one of the next two. Playing st Louis on Monday at 1 as well.

laugh.gif
It's a tribute to the Mets hall of fame earlier today. And it reminds me of the 2000 Mets
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

hate the black jerseys.

great start to an extremely rough stretch of up coming games, a .500 record over the next 20 would be exceptional imo.

damn, i REALLY wanted a shutout sweep. i know i'm being greedy but why the heck not when you're rolling like this...

I don't understand how people hate the blacks. Those are by far my favorite jerseys. Good to see the team playing well. Really wonder what happens during the deadline. I could see Sandy staying put or making a small acquisition or two. Hopefully Bay hits well when he comes back.

Next 3 weeks or so is going to truly make or break the Mets.  Nothing but .500 teams plus Yankees, Tampa, and Baltimore in the mix is going to be tough.

Back
Top Bottom