OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

what thibs did with obi pulling him after one shot is not supportive coaching. it's bad vibes all the way

Thibs just need to ******* be fired already.

Randle has TOs over and over, plays no D and is bricking yet you leave him in, Obi, makes a mistake and bye bye ....

**** you Thibs.

what thibs did with obi pulling him after one shot is not supportive coaching. it's bad vibes all the way
It was after a travel.

Yet Randle goes up the floor, puts the ball in the defenders hands then let him blow by him and yet he is given the green light to bring up the ball the following play.

At this point for as much of a Turn Around Thibs did to the team, if he is hurting the future Im not for the insta gratification.

randle is quite literally doing nothing on the court right now

how can anyone on the coaching staff justify his piss poor effort by leaving him out there???

this **** is putrid to watch

i’m sorry for ever calling RJ untouchable

pretty sad that hes been allowed to turn into what hes become. running alongside julius hasnt helped and neither has him playing a limited defender heavy role. hasn't earned his position and lacks sidentity, but i feel playing him with the young team would help. but if that doesnt work then what?

Look I’ve said this before. RJ is definitely not it. At best he’ll be a streaky 3D player.

But we absolutely HAVE to resign him in order to bring Zion home. :lol:

zion clocking in at 350 rn

no thanks

Come on man. Dude averaged like 26-5-10 on 60 percent shooting last year.

Yea he’s overweight right now. He’s stuck on Pelicans man. It must be awful there.

You seriously wouldn’t go for Zion? This is what you’re saying? :lol:

How often do we get stars that ACTUALLY want to come to NY?

Come on man. Dude averaged like 26-5-10 on 60 percent shooting last year.

Yea he’s overweight right now. He’s stuck on Pelicans man. It must be awful there.

You seriously wouldn’t go for Zion? This is what you’re saying? :lol:

How often do we get stars that ACTUALLY want to come to NY?
in three seasons dude has played less than half of his games

i’m good on giving a max contract to someone who ain’t proven themselves and ain’t gonna see the floor

also a revolving door on defense since coming into the league and can’t shoot

don’t let the highlight mixes fool you

Damn I was looking forward to another battle between Cade & Deuce.

2:16-2:47 :emoji_heart_eyes:
I’m not out in RJ yet. That was the 2nd game back from COVID. This offense limits his game. This season has been tumultuous. He’s still younger than Obi Toppin. Idc idc still believe.

Randle gotta go. Hopefully sooner than later. He’s been hurting all the youts development with his mpg and usage.

Ben Simmons or ZW. The team is set outside of all positions except a true starting 3 or 1st option. Both players, respectively, give you those answers. ZW gives you both. Ben might be too sawft tho.

I don’t see what’s wrong with RJ being even the 3rd option on a starting line of Deuce, he, ZW, Obi, and Mitch.

At least Zion will attempt a 3 every game or other.
Though a lineup of Deuce, Grimes, Simmons, Obi, and Mitch sounds tough too. Again, Ben might be a mental ****** so this could be disastrous.

Gimme fat boy instead. He wanna be here. Motivation will work that boy back into shape. Thibbs and his staff certainly will as well.

in three seasons dude has played less than half of his games

i’m good on giving a max contract to someone who ain’t proven themselves and ain’t gonna see the floor

also a revolving door on defense since coming into the league and can’t shoot

don’t let the highlight mixes fool you

My man listen to me when I say this. I don’t watch the highlights. I saw so many Pelicans game last season during league pass. Zion was absolutely unbelievable.

Dude started to run point forward and he was unstoppable. He’s a very underrated passer, unstoppable when driving, great offensive rebounder - he was generationally efficient in his Rookie year.

I don’t care if he’s 400 lbs right now - he absolutely worth it. Injuries are a concern but his ligaments/tendons have been fine. It’s just broken bones which is easily recoverable.

He hasn’t recovered well with his latest fracture but he hasn’t been in shape. If he gets down to playing weight, 275-280, he’ll be good. Not to mention the Pelicans medical staff and organization is a joke.

But even if it’s a risk, it’s a risk ABSOLUTELY worth taking.

The Pelicans have handled him terribly, he never wanted to be there, there are so many reasons why it hasn’t worked out there.

But trust me - we HAVE to go after him.

I'd be hesitant investing in Zion long term. Health and the fact he's not even playing aside I think his peak comes sooner rather than later.

so yall gave Frank a whole 4 years of averaging 6 points, saying that he just needs an opportunity, but RJ will never be it? makes sense....

I think he can be a solid 3D player. He can be an above average roll player.

But the dreams of dude become a “Star”. Nah, that’s not happening.

Back
Top Bottom