OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

Game changer Deuce getting eased into his floor general position these last few games of the year.

I hate that Thibs has pushed this IQ at the 1 theory all year & now goes with it out of some strange love for the boy.

However, it’s only a matter of time before the cream rises. Really want the FO to sell on IQ early as part of some deal.

If I want someone to come in off the bench & score, Grimes is the first kid I want there next to Rose.

I want to keep Mitch, ya tripping like he’s trash, he’s yet to play with a guard that brings the best out of him, aside from RJ at times.

Keep: Mitch - Cam - RJ - Grimes - McBride,
Maybe Obi

Everyone else can be shipped Amazon Prime Next Day

throw in 2 FRPs idc

Dame - Rose - Deuce
RJ - Grimes
Cam - FA
Randle - Stretch 4 FA
Mitch - Sims

espn_trade_machine.JPG

Deuce-DRose-Joku
RJ-Grimes
Cam-Burks
Grant-Obi?-2022 draft pick-Taj
Mitch-Sims-Taj
Next season should be about washing away the Randle stench & letting RJ takeoff from game 1. Stop wasting time with McBride & Reddish too. They need the same minutes RJ got earlier on to learn what works and doesn’t.

Cam too nice to have those bench restraints. He’s gonna give you that 20 immediately with more pt. Defensively he’s going to mature and figure out what he needs to do. He, like McBride, knows how to use his wingspan for that side of the ball. The tools are already there.

Randle gotta go so I’m just stuck on the next best rental option with Grant. Really like his game. Think he fits in well. Switchblade on the d. Cam has some stretch 4 potential later on for lineup flexibility as well so maybe a good guy to learn from.

Maybe Obi has to be moved. Sims can come in for some backup 4 or sign another vet. Me7o always has a spot as long as the core up there plays.

honest question: would yall rather have Dame or Spida?

i think Portland is closer to rebuilding that Utah is, so a trade with them seems more likely. im not giving either of them RJ though.

Spida is younger and more realistic... he grew up close by in Connecticut and his pops works for the Mets...Dame really is loyal similar to Beal they content with not competing for a chip and stay with the same team similar to guys like Reggie, Stockton and Ewing even though all 3 went to the finals and Beal and Dame not even close

honest question: would yall rather have Dame or Spida?

Spida.

Mitch - RJ - Spida is a very solid 3

Dame turn 32 in July
Spida turns 26 in September
Frank turns 24 in July

Spida being younger should make his value higher. Only thing that saves Knicks would be if he forced his way here.

Lavine isn’t leaving. They got a good thing going in Chicago. Ibaka washed bro, but we do need that type of big man. Someone who can defend and space the floor.

Back
Top Bottom