:::[Official] Oakland Raiders 2010 Offseason Thread::: Report: Justin Fargas Cut!!!!!

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Well... if we can turn Nnamdi into some high draft picks and turn JaMarcus into a shipment of jock-straps, why not?
i dont want Al to have more draft picks to mess up. should i say DHB
tired.gif

I thought Al has made it clear more than once that he doesn't want to trade Nnamdi?

Everyone but the Raiders organization keeps on saying we're gonna trade Aso
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Well... if we can turn Nnamdi into some high draft picks and turn JaMarcus into a shipment of jock-straps, why not?

So let me get this straight Al. Trade one of the draft picks we got right to acquire more picks to get more guys like JaMarcus, McFadden, and DHB.

tired.gif

Despite our history, how badly can we mess up multiple high round picks? We've failed at the major offensive positions, but with QB and WR we have serviceable bodies. It's at RB where the questions are, but Bush COULD be a part of a final solution.

Given that, if we do trade and grab picks, we would be addressing positions that probably have a lower failure percentage than what we've had so far.

When has al ever been a dude to rebuild through the draft, he doesnt want draft picks. He always starts over with castoffs and old dudes. Dont be surprised when Gradkowski is throwin to TO next year.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

When has al ever been a dude to rebuild through the draft, he doesnt want draft picks. He always starts over with castoffs and old dudes. Dont be surprised when Gradkowski is throwin to TO next year.
eek.gif

laugh.gif

On a side note, how does everyone feel about Darrius Heyward-Bey?

because coach cable said
"i see that kid being a real good pro"
at 7:14 in the video
http://player.theplatform.com/ps/player/pds/BkJdv72S2-&pid=utphrP6HMAN9iXuErVFBYvG3nMDLuZawhttp://player.theplatform.com/ps/player/pds/BkJdv72S2-&pid=utphrP6HMAN9iXuErVFBYvG3nMDLuZaw

[h2]Exclusive: Raiders RB Michael Bush talks to SBReport.net[/h2]
Spoiler [+]
February 24th, 2010Victor CottoLeave a commentGo to comments

Michael_Bush_1st_TD-234x300.jpg
OaklandRaiders running back Michael Bush was able to give SBReport.net aquestion and answer session, where he talked about Tom Cable, his newoffensive coordinator, the off-season and his daily life. In hiscareer, Bush has rushed for 1,010 yards, with 6 touchdowns at anaverage of 4.6 yards per carry.

SBReport: You led the Raiders last year with589-yards rushing, but it felt like you didn’t get enough carries attimes. What’s it like not knowing how many reps your going to get andbeing in a three-running back system?

Michael Bush: Its tough not knowing, but that’show the cookie crumbles when your the third back on the depth chart andbut I just have to stay ready and when my number is called make thebest of my opportunity. It kind of leaves me on edge, anxious and readyto play to help the team the best I can.

SBReport: Do you expect to get more carries next season and do you feel like you should be the primary ball carrier?

Michael BushWell growing up I was told by myfamily not to expect anything from anyone because nothing in life isfree so with that being said, I must work hard in off-season workouts,OTAs (Organized Team Activities), mini camps and training camp if Iwant to get more carries and as far as being the primary back we haveother talented guys and we let the coaches have certain packages andplays that should let us all use our talents to the best of ourabilities.

SBReport: How do you approach the off-season; interms of balancing your time off and recovering from the season, andworking-out and trying to get better as a player?

Michael_Bush_breaks_free1-300x204.jpg

Michael Bush: It’s hard balancing your timebecause there is so much you want to do. Spend time with family travelsee different place things like that. But for the most part I get boredwhen I’m not doing something sports related whether is playingbasketball or doing cardio something active its very hard being a couchpotato after about a week.

SBReport: Do you have any knowledge of Hue Jackson (new offensive coordinator) and how he will approach the handling of the offense?

Michael Bush: I know a little bit about CoachJackson about how he has helped the [Baltimore] Ravens offense as awhole. But I will reach out to Ray Rice and ask him a couple questionswhen I get the chance.

SBReport: How do you feel personally about Tom Cable coming back for at least one more season as the head coach?

Michael Bush: It feels good knowing that we theplayers don’t have to get use to another coach, different system andanother personality so bringing coach cable back is a positive for us.He’s a great motivator.

michael_bush_closeup21-300x236.jpg

SBReport: When Michael Bush is not playing football or training, what’s his day like during the off-season?

Michael BushWake up watch some TV, browse Raiderfans.netto see what the fans are talking about. Skype and check on my lil’brother make sure he is taking care of is schoolwork while he is incollege. Play a little Xbox Live to catch up with some teammates. Calland mess with friends and family and when it starts to get dark, youcan catch me in someone’s bowling alley. I love bowling. Something Iwant to do after football. My career high is 289 and I would say forthe most part I average around the 205 area.

SBReport: What are your recollections of the 27 carry, 177-yard performance you had against Tampa Bay at the end of 2008?

Michael Bush: I think that was an awesome gameas a whole team. The line did a great job of getting me some lanes torun in and JaMarcus [Russell] did great job of getting the ball to openwide receivers. The [defense] did a great job as well.

NOTES
  • Bush was the only Raiders running back to top 100-yards in a gamelast season. He did it twice: 119-yards against Kansas City and133-yards versus Denver in the Silver & Black’s 20-19 victory onthe road.
  • The former Louisville Cardinal was drafted in the 4[sup]th[/sup] round (100[sup]th[/sup] overall) of the 2007 draft.

2nd Round Tender being placed on Thomas Howard.
3rd Round on Kirk and a 1st and 3rd on Stanford Routt.

Chances are Kirk's gone.

Oh, and who else thinks it's basically in blood that Al is gonna try to draft Taylor Mays?

Originally Posted by zube42

Chances are Kirk's gone.
a FIRST and third on stanford routt? what the %%*#...
roll.gif

Originally Posted by awon23

Originally Posted by zube42

Chances are Kirk's gone.
a FIRST and third on stanford routt? what the %%*#...
roll.gif

I'm still trying to figure how that happens
tired.gif

Report: Raiders cut ties with Justin FargasESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Raiders released RB Justin Fargas.With 16 players tying up nearly $60M this season, the Raiders opted not to pay Fargas' $1.7M roster bonus. He won't attract a lot of interest on the free agent market as a 30-year-old replacement level back, so he'll have to settle for a clear-cut backup job. We wouldn't rule out the Raiders re-signing him to a cheaper deal, either. For now, the move boosts the fantasy stock of Michael Bush and Darren McFadden.

antonio bryant
sick.gif

how about getting @+%+### Terrell owens
ohwell.gif
?
And the raiders just cut the one player that embodied the raider way more so than any other player on the team.
frown.gif
fargas was relentless.

Relax, we may bring him back at a cheaper price. The bottom line is he was not getting the job done. Spent too much time on the bench with injuries.

Not only that, but anyone else hear about Bush taking himself out of games? Apparently, he's fallen out of favor with Tom Cable and we're looking
to move him (again, I know).

As it stands right now, we have 0 running game. McFadden is injury prone. Bush can't get it going. We might be in the hunt for another RB, draft or FA.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Not only that, but anyone else hear about Bush taking himself out of games? Apparently, he's fallen out of favor with Tom Cable and we're looking
to move him (again, I know).

As it stands right now, we have 0 running game. McFadden is injury prone. Bush can't get it going. We might be in the hunt for another RB, draft or FA.
eek.gif
mad.gif

I figured that he wasn't doing something right, he performed the best out of the three rb's but he played the least when all 3 were healthy.

Back
Top Bottom