:::[Official] Oakland Raiders 2010 Offseason Thread::: Report: Justin Fargas Cut!!!!!

^ I'm a diehard raider so you know i got love for the team...but with DHB you can't teach hands it's something you got to come to the table with.

that video makes me mad..
mad.gif

crabtree, maclin, PERCY, nicks, ANYBODY would've been a better pick

Originally Posted by zube42

WHAT THE %*%* IS UP WITH NNAMDI SAYING HE WANTS TO PLAY FOR THE JETS NOW??!?!?!
I want proof dammit.

Edit: dammit Nnamdi! I guess you can't blame him though. That would make an insane secondary. Bring Revis to Oaktown. DO IT AL.

[h2]Nnamdi Asomugha: Asomugha wants to play for the Jets[/h2]Raiders CB Nnamdi Asomugha said at the Pro Bowl that he wants to playfor the Jets and has discussed the idea with coach Rex Ryan.
Thiswould constitute tampering. "Me and (Darrelle) Revis have been talkingto Rex to try to do something," Asomugha said. "You may see us in thefuture. There's a little bit of talk going on." Asomugha signed therichest contract for a defensive player in NFL history last year andisn't going anywhere. Ryan may still have to answer to the league aboutthe two's alleged "talks." Feb. 1 - 3:08 pm et
Source: ESPN.com

If nnamdi leaves the raiders i don't think i will pay a dime to support the franchise until they start winning. He's my favorite player in the nfl right now and he's one of my all time favorite athletes.
frown.gif

Naw naw guys look at the whole quote:

It's bad enough for teams opposing the New York Jets that their top WRgets marooned on Revis Island. Soon, their No. 2 WR might have a newhome on Asomugha Isthmus.

This nightmarish scenario was brought up by Nnamdi Asomughato ESPN.com's AFC East blogger Tim Graham down at the Pro Bowl, and theRaiders CB was "dead serious" about it. "Me and Revis have been talkingto Rex [Ryan] to try to do something," Asomugha said. "You may see usin the future. There's a little bit of talk going on. Either he'scoming to Oakland or something else will happen."

This quote sounds a lot more like Revis is coming to Oakland.  ESPN just spun it to look like Aso wants to go to the Jets.  Either way, Nnamdi locked in for 2 more years.  Revis only has 1 year left.  Also, Al would NEVER give up a good CB without a fight.  Dude loves his lockdown CBs.  And if they were to trade him to NY, or anyone for that matter, Al would ask for the house.  Lastly,  Nnam is making 15 mil/year.  Revis is gonna ask for something similar. Could you imagine a team locking up 30 million on 2 CBs alone?!  The a lot of the rest of starting players would be complete scrubs
laugh.gif

Edit: Not to mention, dude reps Oakland. We pay him like the star he is.  He's goin nowhere.

33a15aec58522669a543c238ac7a16c07ec73ee.bmp

Nnamdi is going nowhere.. he was the main guy lobbying for cable to return..also with the additions of these new coaches the Raiders are headed in the right direction.

The perception is that the Raiders hired Hue Jackson as offensive coordinator in an effort to salvage JaMarcus Russell's career. The Raiders say that's not true.

"Hue Jackson was hired to work with the entire offense, regardless of who the quarterback might be," Raiders senior executive John Herrera said to Paul Gutierrez of the Sacramento Bee Thursday.

It may not sound like much, but that's essentially a public declaration that Russell won't be guaranteed anything. That's a change from precedent and clearly approved from on high.

"[JaMarcus] is just one man on this football team," Tom Cable said KHTK's Mike Lamb Thursday. "He knows he's got to better, we know he's got to get better, but everyone on this team, coaching staff and players alike, has got to get better."

It sounds like Russell needs to get a lot better or he'll start 2010 as a backup. That should be music to the ears of Raiders fans.

Oakland Raiders defensive lineman Richard Seymour called the Dale and Holley show on WEEI Boston and talked about his trade to the Silver & Black, his time playing in the Bay Area and what the future may hold.
He opened the interview giving a description of happenings prior to the move to Oakland, stating that he was not in talks with the New England Patriots regarding an extension.

“We were not working on a contract,

I'm happy to see that Seymour is positive about playing here. I'm sure Al will reward him with a handsome contract.

Are there any trades we should be looking to make? I wonder if there are gaps we can plug before the draft comes along, maybe fill some positions beforehand and focus on a specific area for the draft.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

I'm happy to see that Seymour is positive about playing here. I'm sure Al will reward him with a handsome contract.

Are there any trades we should be looking to make? I wonder if there are gaps we can plug before the draft comes along, maybe fill some positions beforehand and focus on a specific area for the draft.

It depends who we'd be trading. It'd be nice to get some help on the o-line through trade or pick-up in the offseason. Maybe grab another CB to help Nnamdi too. Can we please find a way to get rid of Javon Walker though?

And am I the only one that thinks that Nnamdi was just %%++%+! around with the Jets comment? Especially since he was repping the Raiders hard in the Pro Bowl...

Originally Posted by zube42

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

It depends who we'd be trading. It'd be nice to get some help on the o-line through trade or pick-up in the offseason. Maybe grab another CB to help Nnamdi too. Can we please find a way to get rid of Javon Walker though?

And am I the only one that thinks that Nnamdi was just %%++%+! around with the Jets comment? Especially since he was repping the Raiders hard in the Pro Bowl...
No, I think Nnamdi was just messing, too. He's a smart enough guy to know that saying something like that and being serious about it would only cause him problems. I'm sure he's content being here and expects the team to get better, just like the rest of us.

Of course, that will only happen if JaPorkus isn't starting.

Seymour is a class act..real hard worker and can definitely teach even the veterans on this team about winning. Watching them play the Chargers on Monday night last year showed me alot about Seymour.

Back
Top Bottom