*** OFFICIAL ONLY BUILT 4 CUBAN LINX 2 THREAD ***

Imma let this ride out a few more times but on the real...

THIS is that black hoody rap, anti auto-tune vibe that I expected from BP3.

Rae was on point with this
pimp.gif

If this is as good as you dudes are making it out to be I will shed a damn tear.

I know I'm not the only one who has been waiting for another classic Wu album. It's been far too long.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

If this is as good as you dudes are making it out to be I will shed a damn tear.

I know I'm not the only one who has been waiting for another classic Wu album. It's been far too long.

word

honestly how long have we been waiting for OB4CL2?

i remember saying way back of course it wont be on the same level as the first..........cats like why he gonna name it that etc.

im really excited about this album not to sound too corny

this album is SOLID
haven't skipped a single track and word to the guy saying this is what he wished of BP3.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

word

honestly how long have we been waiting for OB4CL2?

i remember saying way back of course it wont be on the same level as the first..........cats like why he gonna name it that etc.

im really excited about this album not to sound too corny

4 years...but worth every second
pimp.gif

I'm amped without hearing a single track BUT I know cats' tendency on NT is to hype albums up beyond belief... On the other hand, Igenerally respect a lot of the dudes giving it a co-sign so I'm thinking it's looking very good.

The next 6 weeks will be musical heaven for your boy...

Sept. 8th - OB4CL2

Sept. 22 - Brother Ali- Us

Oct. 20 - Cormega- Born & Raised

The only way this could get any better is if that Nas and Damian Marley album dropped before November... but I guess I need something to look forward to afterOctober
laugh.gif

For some reason I decided to rock my PURPLE TAPE Tee short today...

1. Return Of The Northstar
I LOVED "NorthStar"... Papa Wu is that N, I live by some of the $#+* he said in the orginal "NorthStar"
(No Rating)

2. House Of The Flying Daggers
Vintage Wu... Just flat out DANGEROUS... Deck soundin like its 95 again... Meth sounded HUNGRY too... I love it...
4.5/5

3. Sonny's Missing
I love the production on this... This is VINTAGE East Coast $#+* right here...
3.5/5

4. Pyrex Vision
I love this $#+*... Would've loved for Ghost to jump on this and it actually be a REAL song...
4/5

5. Cold Outside
Who's drunk uncle is that singing on the hook... Good GOD that is AWFUL... Other than that its pretty decent... Ghost's verse was pretty coo tho
3/5

6. Black Mozart
I like this one... Has a vintage Wu feel to it... This Deck guy must've found his old rhyme book... I stopped givin a $#+* about his verses like 10 yearsago... Could've lived without Rza @ the end of the track....
4/5

7. Gihad
Oh yeah.... CRACK Ghost's verse is
laugh.gif
4.5/5

8. New Wu
VINTAGE Wu... Need I say more
4/5

9. Penitentiary
Makes me wanna go to jail... Well not really, but this $#+* is pretty grimey...
4.5/5

10. Baggin Crack
I was waitin for a joint that was gonna be PERFECT... This was almost it... Kinda short tho
4.5/5

11. Surgical Gloves
DANGEROUS
eek.gif
Production is just...
pimp.gif
... Would've loved to hear Ghost on this joint tho
4/5

12. Broken Saftey
Nice crew joint... Styles sounds about 15 tho... Kinda threw me off a bit
3.5/5

13. Canal Street
Pretty coo...
3.5/5

14. Ason Jones
Nice dedication joint... Good to see ODB being quoted @ one of his "less ignorent" moments... R.I.P.
3.5/5

15. Have Mercy
Glad to see Blue Rasberry back... Do people STILL hate her singing?? ANYway... This joint is nice
4.5/5

16. 10 Bricks
This far into the album until Cappadona has a chance to leave his cab shift and ruin a song... This joint is just DANGEROUS
5/5

17. Fat Lady Sings
This song is pretty stupid...
1/5

18. Catalina
The Dre joint... Pretty dope... (Sidebar: I was @ a "white people" bar this weekend and this song came on
pimp.gif
)
4/5

19. We Will Rob You
Vintage east coast production... Nice joint. Good to see Gza pop up, sounding as dope as he did in 95... The Hook is
laugh.gif
. Masta Killa is slept on
4/5

20. About Me
Oh yeah... The production
eek.gif
... Busta Rhymes voice sounds pretty stupidtho... Sounds congested
5/5

21. Mean Streets
GOD AWFUL hook... kinda ruins the song, but the production is pretty DOPE...
3/5

22. Kiss The Ring
Could've ended better than this... But I like this joint. Masta Killa is one of the most underappreciated MCs EVER...
4/5

REALLY would've loved for Papa Wu to have the chance to share some knowledge with the GODs...

Overall Its a SOLID album, Rae really tryin get his props back to where it was in 95... Not sure if THIS will be enuff, but I'm DEF gonna go buy thisjoint... Proud of Rae and the whole Wu family for coming togeather to make VINTAGE east coast hip hop... Bout to smoke a blunt or 2 and listen again...

OVERALL 4/5

Originally Posted by red mpls

I'm amped without hearing a single track BUT I know cats' tendency on NT is to hype albums up beyond belief... On the other hand, I generally respect a lot of the dudes giving it a co-sign so I'm thinking it's looking very good.

The next 6 weeks will be musical heaven for your boy...

Sept. 8th - OB4CL2

Sept. 22 - Brother Ali- Us

Oct. 20 - Cormega- Born & Raised

The only way this could get any better is if that Nas and Damian Marley album dropped before November... but I guess I need something to look forward to after October
laugh.gif

GHOSTFACE NEW JOINT?

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Yall know im not the type to throw extra hype on an album but SOONNNNNN this album is easily a 9/10. Seriously there's NO album released this year thats even in its spectrum. Production is on point, content is there, whole flow of the album is
pimp.gif
. This IS HIP-HOP.

Im tempted to say this is easily a top 5 Wu solo album. Im riding out to this album until im tired of it.
THIS

but oh man i was patiently waiting on that elton john track and fittingly its the last track and it is straight
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

ANOTHER WU CLASSIC

^^
Me too. I wanna download so bad but jus cant do it
laugh.gif
... Ima jus wait forSept. 8 to come.
Glad to hear all these good reviews

I am a hater on music, anyone who knows me know this. With this said, this might be the best hip-hop related album I have heard in YEARS. Rae, really did whatevery rapper has failed to do, brought it back to the essence, the grimy, drug sounds of the 90's. ++%$ is flawless after first listen, I kept expecting tohear a filler track but it didn't come. This album REMINDED ME WHY I LOVE HIP-HOP. I was too young to go out and cop the first one went it dropped but, Ican imagine the feeling those who waited on line at the store had. Downloading the album I had that same feeling.

I swear after listening to this album, I cant be mad for the rest of the week. Listening to this album reminds me why I have respect for someone like Rae andlittle respect for Jay. Rae made an album that he wanted to make, with the artists he liked, Lyfe Jennings, the lox, Slick Rick and made one that was sonicallyperfect. Jay made some basura with what's hot, Rihanna, Drake, J. Cole instead of his peoples (Freeway, Beans etc.). Jay's album lacked artisticintegrity, while Rae's was the embodiment of it. I'm bout to light an L and just zone out to this ++%$ again.

eek.gif

Instant classic imo. Best Wu album since Supreme Clientele by far.
pimp.gif

My only gripe is that I wish Ghost was featured more. I especially wish he had made an appearance on Pyrex Vision. That would've been the best song on thealbum if he had.

Originally Posted by DUB 253

eek.gif

pimp.gif

My only gripe is that I wish Ghost was featured more. I especially wish he had made an appearance on Pyrex Vision. That would've been the best song on the album if he had.

I'd agree, I'm on second listen and This>Fishscale.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I am a hater on music, anyone who knows me know this. With this said, this might be the best hip-hop related album I have heard in YEARS. Rae, really did what every rapper has failed to do, brought it back to the essence, the grimy, drug sounds of the 90's. ++%$ is flawless after first listen, I kept expecting to hear a filler track but it didn't come. This album REMINDED ME WHY I LOVE HIP-HOP. I was too young to go out and cop the first one went it dropped but, I can imagine the feeling those who waited on line at the store had. Downloading the album I had that same feeling.

I swear after listening to this album, I cant be mad for the rest of the week. Listening to this album reminds me why I have respect for someone like Rae and little respect for Jay. Rae made an album that he wanted to make, with the artists he liked, Lyfe Jennings, the lox, Slick Rick and made one that was sonically perfect. Jay made some basura with what's hot, Rihanna, Drake, J. Cole instead of his peoples (Freeway, Beans etc.). Jay's album lacked artistic integrity, while Rae's was the embodiment of it. I'm bout to light an L and just zone out to this ++%$ again.
I enjoyed most of the Blueprint 3 but I agree with a lot of what you said there.....especially the fact that Rae delivered a dope #%% album afterfirst listen....man I'm bout to try to find my old Wu-Wear *@$%
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

This *@$% is exactly what a lot of us wanted from an artist....I'd like to thank The Chef for putting this together and not dissapointing!!! I feel like Ijust heard Wu-Tang for the first time again...this is HIP HOP
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I would break down song by song like I did in the BP3 thread but truthfully I like all the tracks....I feel like it's 95 right now...I'm a light upagain to it my damn self....
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DUB 253

eek.gif

pimp.gif

My only gripe is that I wish Ghost was featured more. I especially wish he had made an appearance on Pyrex Vision. That would've been the best song on the album if he had.

I agree with this....but that only makes me anticipate that new Ghost even more....
pimp.gif

yo no exaggeration I can't believe how well this album flows together...I was expecting something dope but not like this
eek.gif

I still can't get over how dope this #!*% is. *++$ buying the Jay album people go support that real hip-hop next Tuesday!

Back
Top Bottom