*** OFFICIAL ONLY BUILT 4 CUBAN LINX 2 THREAD ***

eek.gif
pimp.gif
tired.gif

> all rap albums this year including Man on the Moon, We are Lasers etc.

I just checked my 2009 hip hop album list and yea Rae got it. Edged out Brooklynati

I was just playing the hell out of Already Home but this entire album is on that nothing but a continuous replay steez.

Album just took me to another place. It's something that needs more and more spins.

I don't post in the music section, but I had to come in for this. My man came correct on this one.
pimp.gif

Yo I want those leftover tracks ASAP!!!!

This shhh is soo good there's no way those tracks could hurt it. They must've made him take it off due to lack of space.

So those are:
Rockstar
Walk Wit Me

ASAP

Going into the album when i saw the the tracklist and peeped it had over 20+ songs I was like wow okay theres gonna be some filler joints.... boy was I wrong.The consistency of the album is immaculate, love the fade in transition as well... makes it feel more cinematic.

eek.gif

Best Wu album hip-hop album I've heard in a while...and I'm only through the first 7 tracks...

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Going into the album when i saw the the tracklist and peeped it had over 20+ songs I was like wow okay theres gonna be some filler joints.... boy was I wrong. The consistency of the album is immaculate, love the fade in transition as well... makes it feel more cinematic.
QFE

This can't be stressed any harder. You can't remove any of these tracks. I don't even wanna play it on shuffle.

Been a good way to end Summer with all the music that came out in August.

I haven't enjoyed a Wu album this much since I heard that Masta Killah debut.
pimp.gif

(aside from Ghost but those 2 have more of a WU feel).

Just finished listening...

As much as I like Blueprint 3 musically, Raekwon officially just made me push Jay to the back burner. Normally I can't sit through albums longer than 16tracks, and even though this album is long-winded, there isn't a single track that I don't like. I can do without the hook on Have Mercy, but besidesthat, this really is classic material. It felt like I was watching a Scorsese flick..

I can honestly say I had the ultimate doo-doo face on for the entire 2:45 'Broken Safety' was playing.

Fav moments:
-Rae and Styles verses on 'Broken Safety'
-GZA spit probably the greatest verse in recent memory.
-the ODB soundbites on 'Ason Jones'
-'Kiss the Ring': my favorite song on the album. Great way to end it out.

September '09 is really starting to look like back to school season for rap music.

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

man ima peep this tomorrow....hope yall aint on that NT hype...i hope it really is solid

It is actually a pretty good listen. In a year of average and good decent rap albums. This albums kinda stands out. Wonder if his fellow wu member comes with adecent effort

Back
Top Bottom