*** OFFICIAL ONLY BUILT 4 CUBAN LINX 2 THREAD ***

Yea the singing gets to me some times. The old dude on Cold Outside and then I guess him again on Mean Streets
laugh.gif
Dude shoulda brought Ox(who was on Big DoeRehab) on that Mean Streets. I woulda been with an ODB sample on Cold Outside.

As far as Rae gettin shown up on this, yes this is true
laugh.gif
That's why I think he kept Pyrex Vision and Surgical Gloves to himself

I was thinking that We Will Rob You hook woulda been worse when I read the review. I imagined mad Wu #%#$!# saying it in unison. I'm fine with just Rickyon it.

Originally Posted by Dapper D

1) some of the hooks on here just feel forced...I mean this N can't be serious wit that we will rob u @@+%
laugh.gif
Listen if u can't come up wit a quality chorus just do it like u did on the first cuban linx...no Hook that B...
I TOTALLY agree.

Dudes will probably kill me for this... But the choruses on Cold Outside, Mean Streets, We Will Rob You, and even to a lesser degree Black Mozart are TERRIBLE.I love the Black Mozart track though so I can still listen to that one. And Ricky D is one of my favorite ever emcees so I can ride to We Will Rob You. But theother two...
smh.gif

As mentioned before, I also can't stand the eternally recycled beat on Canal Street. AZ, Fat Joe, and Jada/Ruff Ryders have all used this beat and I'msimply tired of hearing it. Why did Rae approve this beat? Why not come original? Maybe the concept was to take it back old school I guess. But I would havepreferred the use of another track.

The 3 tracks I listen to the most are HoFD, Surgical, and Broken Safety. By far. 17, 18, 17 respectively on my itunes play count. The next closest is Gihad andNew Wu at 9 apiece.

This is a hot album. But I dunno, I feel as if Fishscale was better. If Ghost had less skits on that one, Fishscale would be damn near perfect.

And OB4CL1 was DEFINITELY better to ME.

Don't pay that $*#*$ any mind. It seems ppl don't want to admit when an album just isn't good. Dudes stay bringing up The Love Below and St. Elsewhere any time ppl rightfully shhh on 808s seems Cudi's coaster is gonna get the same treatment.

you right.

Well I don't think anybody thinks this is better than the first and I can understand some of the gripes ppl have with this album. Nothing too big imo tho.

He definitely should've put Walk With Me on the album. I mean he shot a vid and everything he could've swapped that in for Canal Street.

yo..anyone going to SOBs on Thursday? They got a show there...I'm gonna cop tix ASAP. You get the album with a ticket purchase and it's only $20...

I was just @ the event @ Santos with some work friends but I didnt get in. It was mad cats..total Zoo. LOL Sara Jay was there...she was STACKED
eek.gif

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

LOL Sara Jay was there...she was STACKED
eek.gif
Nerd question here... Was she dressed up or simply in casual wear? I only ask cuz I wanna know what kicks she was rocking....
laugh.gif

ALBUM OF THE YEAR, PERIOD!

-Reminds me of the OB4CL I in the sense that everytime u listen to it, you get something else out of it. Like you could listen to the album and hearsomething different everytime.
-That 'Kiss The Rings' songs is an Elton John song. I've heard that Elton John NEVER lets people sample his @#$!. But he heard what Rae wanted todo with it and approved.
-Not a flawless album, and some of the guests are better than Rae, but thats his style. You can't tell me he is the best on every song on OB4CL I.
-Grimey, Gutty, Raw, Brings-Me-Back to 90's

This album is on par with OB4CL part 1. Im saying this knowing that the first one is my second favorite album of all time. This part 2 cracks the top 10. It isseriously flawless ive listened to it 3 time whole today.

SMH at nas tho
smh.gif
This album will go down in history as one of the best of this time period. Im going to increase my sales guess from 75k up to 130k. Everyoneseems to be buying this around me. Lets all hope it does well. Im going to buy another copy for my brother.

This is a special album.

We will prolly never see another album like this . in this day and age its perfection.

bought bp3 to for what ever reason. But OB4CL II every song is a master piece. the sequal in this era is a classic.

Back
Top Bottom