Official Palm Pre Thread

if I renew for 2, u think it'll be sero or will they make me do something else??

Only if you want the Pre. I believe every other phone is eligible.

Are you thinking of the HTC Snap or a non-smartphone? I haven't read anything about those devices not being eligible for SERO.

Can I just walk into sprint and cop a pre?
I dont have a contract or anything to do with them (from canada)

and are they the only store getting it?

tired.gif

Was just talking to a sprint rep and she said its discrimination that the phone won't be available to people who have an employee plan
laugh.gif

I'm hopeful that it will be one day though...

Originally Posted by CNET

Speaking at the Conference in Carlsbad, Calif., AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson spent the better part of Wednesday morning defending AT&T's network and addressing complaints about how the carrier was ill-prepared to handle all the demands of the iPhone. It's an interesting discussion, which you can catch here in CNET News' Ina Fried's report.

However, here's something else of interest. During the discussion with host Walt Mossberg of The Wall Street Journal, Stephenson added that he sees AT&T selling the Palm Pre once Sprint's exclusive deal with the smartphone is up. This is the first indication that other carriers will offer the Pre, though it's not clear how long Sprint has the exclusive.

It's also a good sign that a GSM version of the smartphone is in the works, which many of you Crave readers have been asking for. Palm has only admitted to a UMTS version of the Pre, which we actually got to see at GSMA 2009. In addition, AT&T is also rumored to be getting another Palm Web OS smartphone, the Palm EOS.

The smiley isnt supposed to be there

I wonder... if I don't have SERO...nor a retention account... can I get this with my current plan?

I've had the same plan...with a few upgrades since 2000.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I wonder... if I don't have SERO...nor a retention account... can I get this with my current plan?

same boat...don't think so but i'm not 100% sure...

Less than a week a way until the launch date! Who all is buying? Who all will have to upgrade there CURRENT plans to get the PRE?

Discuss.

I got the touch pro less than a month ago so I can get it refunded.

which is better, pro or pre?

Originally Posted by iBlink

It depends... The touch pro is WinMo right? Well the Pre got the new WEBos OS and the multi-tasking is crazy. The capative screen is amazing (analogous to theiPhone). Also, you will HAVE to upgrade your line (if you currently dont have the Simply Everything). So its up to you what you want.

Which is better?

The Geo Metro, or the Enzo?

indifferent.gif

after all that talk about not giving up my 2 SERO lines, i got my calculator and did my homework..i gave in and made the switch
tired.gif
.. surprisingly ima end up paying less now that i was before combining my 3lines into the Everything Data Family plan.
25% discount FTW
smokin.gif

i heard if you buy the phone from best buy you will get the rebate on the spot making it only $199 instead of going thru sprint and waiting for mail in rebateto come thru.

found this in another forum..in case you guys wanna start getting ready for the wallpapers your gonna be using..
http://pre-wallpapers.com/Wallpapers

is like comparing apples & oranges..

the PRO is WindowMobile device, which by far in my experience has been the best WinMo device ive owned, WinMo is known for freezing up and crashing at randomtimes. I currently have the PRO and i have only had minor issues.

The PRE is a whole new OS which seems in a whole another level when you compare it to WinMo. my advise to you would to try and get your hands on the PRE whenit comes out so you can see which one suits you better.

Originally Posted by djaward

What phone is this??

When is the pre comming out?
That's Sprint's Version of the Touch Pro 2 seen here.

The Pre releases June 6th. Click here for Sprint's"Meet the Palm Pre" page.

I thought about trying to get an iPhone owner to switch to the Pre and go in on a family plan with me because the cost would be the same for us, but theywon't give up their iPhone
ohwell.gif
I don't blame them.

Should we start a new thread when the Pre is released so that we can get pic's, reviews, etc. in the first post and not make people wade through pages ofstuff that isn't really related?

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Originally Posted by djaward

What phone is this??

When is the pre comming out?
That's Sprint's Version of the Touch Pro 2 seen here.

The Pre releases June 6th. Click here for Sprint's "Meet the Palm Pre" page.

I thought about trying to get an iPhone owner to switch to the Pre and go in on a family plan with me because it the cost would be that same for us, but they won't give up their iPhone
ohwell.gif
I don't blame them.

Should we start a new thread when the Pre is released so that we can get pic's, reviews, etc. in the first post and not make people wade through pages of stuff that isn't really related?
agreed
nerd.gif

how much is the phone if I am eligible for a full upgrade?
nerd.gif

on_line.gif
holdenmichael
Should we start a new thread when the Pre is released so that we can get pic's, reviews, etc. in the first post and not make people wade through pages ofstuff that isn't really related?

thumbs-up.jpg

I will be getting this phone but not when it first comes out. I will wait a few weeks and see whats up. I also agree on the new thread idea once it'sreleased.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

you have to have a everything plan that includes data. So youd have to change your plan, but since your plan is that dated then itll you shouldchange it anyway.

i tremble in fear of the Dirty, don't ban thou.

how much is the phone if I am eligible for a full upgrade?
nerd.gif

$299.99-$100 MIR (mail in rebate) through Sprint or $199.99 through Best Buy and Radio Shack.

http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-default-ringtone-leaks-out

It sucks. Shoulda paid popular artists from various musical genres to make ringtones.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/05/snap-palm-pre-will-sync-seamlessly-with-itunes/

I don't believe that includes movies, tv shows, or protected music videos, just video podcasts.

I probably won't start the new thread since I"m not buying one so I'll leave it to a Pre owner or someone that's willing to collect reviews ofthe retail version of the phone.

I wouldn't expect it to have done all that all the bat. But if it can link music, who is to say down the line it won't entail all of that.

Honestly, who uses the ring tones that come on phone anymore. Most people nowadays put their own ring tones, So that's not really an issue. As for myself,I can not remember the last time i heard my phone ring. It is always on vibrate.

Back
Top Bottom