Official PC thread.

Any complaints on the MBP? Aside from the outrageous price

no complains man. its just been adjusting to the difference in os. i still have a lot to learn bout macOS.

but going back to the screen comment, if i wanted to stay windows, i could have gone with the xps from dell (prices in my area are bout the same with mbp), screen quality and resolution size are about the same but that aspect ratio made me to pic the mbp.

gpu on my mbp13 cant hang with the software i use though, (sketchup, 3d max), it stutters. that would be my only complain

no complains man. its just been adjusting to the difference in os. i still have a lot to learn bout macOS.

but going back to the screen comment, if i wanted to stay windows, i could have gone with the xps from dell (prices in my area are bout the same with mbp), screen quality and resolution size are about the same but that aspect ratio made me to pic the mbp.

gpu on my mbp13 cant hang with the software i use though, (sketchup, 3d max), it stutters. that would be my only complain

Thanks for the feedback. I have to use AutoCAD. I wonder if it'll stutter with that. No 3D modeling though.

^ what do u do? why do u need autocad? forgot to mention im planning to bootcamp this to install autodesk products, just been lazy [emoji]128517[/emoji]

So I'm shopping for cases and I notice that many of them only have 2 usb 3.0 ports these days. Will using a usb 2.0 device on a 3.0 port be an issue? Mainly going to plug in my phone, usb sticks, cd drive, and printer. I've read that many 3.0 ports are backwards compatible so I'm guessing it's not an issue.

you'll be good bruh.

my current case:
http://amzn.to/2pCT53S

cheap af right now... only 80 :pimp:

Appreciate that fellas, repped all around. I found a local person selling his 2 month old fractal design define S with the window for cheap so I may jump on that. Otherwise I was going to go with the corsair 450d or an inwin case.

I've got most of the parts on the way just waiting to strike on a good deal for the monitors/speakers and I'll be set! I'm excited to get this going I haven't had a new computer since 2011!

Also if anyone knows where I can get a copy of Windows 10 64bit home for the low low lmk please :smile:

Last edited:
^ what do u do? why do u need autocad? forgot to mention im planning to bootcamp this to install autodesk products, just been lazy [emoji]128517[/emoji]

We do Isometric drawings of pipelines, tanks, etc. We also do some design for these piping, tank, etc., companies as well that require us to make as-builts. Main reason we use it tbh. We have another team that deals with our 3D stuff, so I wouldn't need to have that. What do you do to need sketch up and 3D max? We've been trying to find a good point clouds program for our 3D scanner if you have any suggestions? :nerd:

Appreciate that fellas, repped all around. I found a local person selling his 2 month old fractal design define S with the window for cheap so I may jump on that. Otherwise I was going to go with the corsair 450d or an inwin case.

I've got most of the parts on the way just waiting to strike on a good deal for the monitors/speakers and I'll be set! I'm excited to get this going I haven't had a new computer since 2011!

Also if anyone knows where I can get a copy of Windows 10 64bit home for the low low lmk please :smile:

that fractal case is super clean,

i think someone posted a site for cheap win10 copies a couple of pages back. im looking for one as well.

heres a suggestion for some bookshelf speakers :

http://www.edifier.com/int/en/speakers/r1700bt-bluetooth-bookshelf

im sure those are extra cheap in the us

We do Isometric drawings of pipelines, tanks, etc. We also do some design for these piping, tank, etc., companies as well that require us to make as-builts. Main reason we use it tbh. We have another team that deals with our 3D stuff, so I wouldn't need to have that. What do you do to need sketch up and 3D max? We've been trying to find a good point clouds program for our 3D scanner if you have any suggestions? :nerd:

ow i dont know any, we dont use those. [emoji]128517[/emoji] i do architectural design thats why i use 3d programs.

ow i dont know any, we dont use those. [emoji]128517[/emoji] i do architectural design thats why i use 3d programs.

Nice! I have always had a interest in interior/Architectural design. Industrial stuff is cool, but would love to learn more about the other. good stuff! :smokin

that fractal case is super clean,

i think someone posted a site for cheap win10 copies a couple of pages back. im looking for one as well.

heres a suggestion for some bookshelf speakers :

http://www.edifier.com/int/en/speakers/r1700bt-bluetooth-bookshelf

im sure those are extra cheap in the us

Yup I might have to jump on that case. Those speakers look super clean but I just don't have the room for them. I was looking at the bose companion 2's right now which are more desk friendly with my setup.

Bought a monitor off eBay but the guy shipped it via FedEx smart post :x going to take 10 days to get to me.

Thanks for the suggestion.

No prob . They have a better version cant recall the model number. Has some ergo features to it. Only problem is you can only buy it with a mouse bundle for 100 [emoji]128529[/emoji] You looking for BT?

^I'm not sure on BT yet, since some people say a wireless adapter is better than bluetooth.

For instance, my xb1 controller works better with the adapter than BT. IDK if there's a correlation though.

I'd say that's true. But Bluetooth may be the only multi device option.

Will be interesting when things start adopting Bluetooth 5.0, the throughput is so much better

Got the Fractal case for $70. Basically brand new since the other person had it for 2 months. I'm content with it, I just need to figure out how to remove the front panel.

Clean af, yanky :pimp:

Thank you man! I have almost everything in or on the way! Picking up a monitor tomorrow for a STEAL and got another one on the way. I'm so excited for this build since I've always built a pre-built pc before. Once my buddy gets back from vaca next week he's going to help me build this thing and set it up. :smokin

4 weeks ago I didn't know the first thing about building a pc, with some research, youtube and help from ya'll and some friends here I am.

Will post final pics of the set-up

Last edited:

Thank you man! I have almost everything in or on the way! Picking up a monitor tomorrow for a STEAL and got another one on the way. I'm so excited for this build since I've always built a pre-built pc before. Once my buddy gets back from vaca next week he's going to help me build this thing and set it up. :smokin

4 weeks ago I didn't know the first thing about building a pc, with some research, youtube and help from ya'll and some friends here I am.

yo that 1060 is gonna be meeeaaan!!! I had that version of the 760 for a couple years and its :pimp:

All the parts look like quality. Mind posting how much you paid for each?

based mod based mod

Thanks here's the list. Stuff bought from bhphoto is the final price since they don't charge tax and got free shipping. Also have citi rewind so if any of the prices drop in 2 months I'll get a refund.

Maximus ix code - $290 bhphoto
Gskill 32gb ram - $278 with tax newegg
Hyper 212 led - $19.99 newegg
Cooler master G650M - $84.99 - $25.00 rebate newegg
Thermal paste - $3.60
I7 7700k - $321 with tax ebay
GTX 1060 6gb gaming - $264.99 - $15 rebate bhphoto
Fractal define S w/ window case -$70 craigslist

Not pictured:
Razer deathstalker chroma keyboard-$85
Razer mamba tournament mouse - $63

Last edited: