Official PC thread.

I'm on that Starcraft II now and I am utter trash at the game.  I have no idea what I am doing.  Any tips for the game?

I'm on that Starcraft II now and I am utter trash at the game.  I have no idea what I am doing.  Any tips for the game?

The last time I built a box was during the Pentium 2 days. I have a few old Pentium 4's. Might spend the weekend building a Sandy Bridge box for the studio one of these days.

The last time I built a box was during the Pentium 2 days. I have a few old Pentium 4's. Might spend the weekend building a Sandy Bridge box for the studio one of these days.

Finally ordered a second HDD. Setting up Raid 0 pretty straight forward?
I need to find a way to backup all my data first though

I was messing around inside my computer again today and might of discharged some static and messed up my motherboard.
Having problems with my onboard sound detecting that a headset is plugged in when it's not and wont play anything through speakers.

I really don't want to buy another motherboard, will a separate soundcard fix the problem?

I was messing around inside my computer again today and might of discharged some static and messed up my motherboard.
Having problems with my onboard sound detecting that a headset is plugged in when it's not and wont play anything through speakers.

I really don't want to buy another motherboard, will a separate soundcard fix the problem?

^ A new mobo might be needed.  It can't hurt to try a sound card though.

On another note, I joined the NT Steam group.  I tried to add a few people as friend but I couldn't tell if the invite was sent.  I've been running that Team Fortress 2 as a Medic.  Game is pretty addictive.

On another note, I joined the NT Steam group.  I tried to add a few people as friend but I couldn't tell if the invite was sent.  I've been running that Team Fortress 2 as a Medic.  Game is pretty addictive.

Me and my brother are beginning to build our own PC's... It gets pretty addicting, but Im waiting for D3 specs to come out before I actually buy all my pieces...

He ended up getting a ATI HD 6850 with a corsair 650w psu and put it in his dell for the meanwhile, now he can run SC2 on the highest settings compared to before with the stock stuff it was on low
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I got a question about these cases, why do the majority of them have like 4-5 drive slots(idk what they are exactly called)? I want something more simple with no more than 3 but it seems if the selection isnt as big...

Me and my brother are beginning to build our own PC's... It gets pretty addicting, but Im waiting for D3 specs to come out before I actually buy all my pieces...

He ended up getting a ATI HD 6850 with a corsair 650w psu and put it in his dell for the meanwhile, now he can run SC2 on the highest settings compared to before with the stock stuff it was on low
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I got a question about these cases, why do the majority of them have like 4-5 drive slots(idk what they are exactly called)? I want something more simple with no more than 3 but it seems if the selection isnt as big...

Anyone here still play Company of Heroes?  Probably my favorite PC game of all time.  Im on it regularly, plus its only like $7 on steam.  Im always down to play.

Anyone here still play Company of Heroes?  Probably my favorite PC game of all time.  Im on it regularly, plus its only like $7 on steam.  Im always down to play.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Addvice for you. If you are doing a clean install no problem. Ifyou are cloning u need to follow these steps.Preload youroriginal hdd with the raid drivers before you attempt to raid.Use acronis to make an image. Or windows recovery.Raid and restore

Addvice for you. If you are doing a clean install no problem. Ifyou are cloning u need to follow these steps.Preload youroriginal hdd with the raid drivers before you attempt to raid.Use acronis to make an image. Or windows recovery.Raid and restore

Originally Posted by SneakerReaper

I just disabled the onboard sound and now using a cheap soundcard from bestbuy. It's working so far so hopefully this doesn't die out.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

I have the OS installed on a SSD though, the HDDs are just for storage

Originally Posted by SneakerReaper

I just disabled the onboard sound and now using a cheap soundcard from bestbuy. It's working so far so hopefully this doesn't die out.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

I have the OS installed on a SSD though, the HDDs are just for storage

Originally Posted by CWrite78

No I mean your new case. I said first since it was the first picture. I've never liked antec cases
eek.gif

Not even the antec 900?

Originally Posted by CWrite78

No I mean your new case. I said first since it was the first picture. I've never liked antec cases
eek.gif

Not even the antec 900?

Back
Top Bottom