Official PC thread.

New bae. Bought used from shop in the 1070 swap

Nice pickup. I copped the ASUS PG348Q. I can get 100+ fps with my 1070 in Overwatch. That's all I've been playing, so I'm not really concerned with anything else at the moment. 1440 is great. You don't really see the pixels, and with G Sync + 100hz, games look more like animations/looking through a window than what you experience on a common display. The immersion factor is dope with the ultrawide aspect too. Turn the lights off and sink in.

I got one of those Apple chiclet keyboards at work, does a decent job but I want to get something better. Y'all got me wanting to make the transition to mechanical :lol:

Isn't the 1070 basically for 1440p?
My amd rx 480 can do 1440p at high settings on most titles.

Yea basically. I just hate turning down settings that make a visual difference, and hate frame drops even more :lol:

Reducing shadow quality and some lighting details will get you in without sacrificing texture or resolution, most of the time. But if you're playing competitively, you'll want to turn it down for performance if you have to.

I got one of those Apple chiclet keyboards at work, does a decent job but I want to get something better. Y'all got me wanting to make the transition to mechanical :lol:

do it

i wanna get some new caps

Last edited:
Anybody have any experience using a DAC for your bookshelf speakers? I'm thinking about purchasing one but I don't know if it will make a difference.

wow did not even know this thread existed.     Long time Pc gamer and consule gamer     

AMD has a big hole in their video card lineup rn (high-end) that they're supposed to be filling this Summer, but we don't know anything about it. NV released their high-end cards last year, so they have a year head start, and they can easily respond to anything AMD puts out more than likely.

AMD usually has better performance per dollar though, and through driver updates over time they perform just as well or better than their NV counterpart.

They also have different sync technologies, which make framerates smoother. NV has G-Sync, which is an extra part that has to go into monitors, usually adding a couple hundred to the price, while AMD has Freesync, which is software based, and doesn't add much to the monitor price. NV cards don't support Freesync, and AMD cards don't support G-Sync, but FS is open source. NV is welcome to adopt FS.

It's really a lot of difference even though they make the same ****. it's worth looking into if you ever leave that PS behind 
laugh.gif

Do not forget the other major thing Amd usually runs hotter in most applications.   The other thing is Nvidia capped multicard support at basically 2 cards in the 10x0 range  while you can load up as many Amd cards as you can fit in to your system.   Problem is always software taking advantage of the horsepower correctly

Last edited:
Anybody have any experience using a DAC for your bookshelf speakers? I'm thinking about purchasing one but I don't know if it will make a difference.

I'd like to know this as well. Looking at bookshelf speakers. Any recommendations? Trying to keep it under 150. Planning on getting a turntable to use it with as well. Am I better off getting something else?

Key to me is space. The less it takes the better, but still offer decent sound.

I'd like to know this as well. Looking at bookshelf speakers. Any recommendations? Trying to keep it under 150. Planning on getting a turntable to use it with as well. Am I better off getting something else?

You're better off just getting some powered speakers if space is a problem

Planning a build soon to replace my laptop as my main. Going for small form factor ITX rig.

Came up on a Dell T7910 Workstation last year.

6-core Xeon E-2643v3 Processor
32GB DDR4
512gb SSD
5TB data drive
XFX r9-290x 8gb GDDR5

$800

EA was upgrading their whole workstation fleet and I got plugged by one of their techs.

Still has an EA corporate sticker with reference serial number on the inside door..

Damb lemme get two of the DDR4 sticks

Planning a build soon to replace my laptop as my main. Going for small form factor ITX rig.

My current build is a Hadron Air with an RX480, i5 6600, 32gb ddr4, 2x500gb SSD. Couldn't be any happier. Fast, small foot print, and good air flow.

Only downside is the case is pricey, since it comes with a PSU. There are good small form factors out there though where you can use your own PSU.

My current build is a Hadron Air with an RX480, i5 6600, 32gb ddr4, 2x500gb SSD. Couldn't be any happier. Fast, small foot print, and good air flow.

Only downside is the case is pricey, since it comes with a PSU. There are good small form factors out there though where you can use your own PSU.

I'm considering a Fractal Design Node 202. Only thing is that the one that comes with the PSU is noisy apparently. And the Corsair SFX PSU I'm looking at is $90 and never goes on sale.

Might just cheap it out on a Cooler Master 110....

Keeping it under 150 is a stretch if you want decent sound. But if your'e not an audiophile this combo will suit you well :smile:

Amazon product ASIN B009IUIV4A
Amazon product ASIN B019MBUX40

I currently have these speakers. They cost $150 on Amazon but I got them on sale for $120 on eBay. My first pair of bookshelf speakers to me it was worth the money :smokin

Amazon product ASIN B00MGQAH2M
Also I'm using a big *** A/V receiver to power my speakers but want to replace it with something smaller because of space.

It's one of these lmao...

Amazon product ASIN B006U1VH2S

Used SSD that's two months old ,risky to buy ?
Hard drive is probably the one thing I'd never buy used. SSDs are pretty affordable now. 480GB SSDs run less than $150 on Amazon. You can just get a 120GB at less than $50 for OS and programs then get an external for media.

I'd personally not cop an sdd that's under 480gb.
Used SSD that's two months old ,risky to buy ?
Depends on the brand and why he's selling it. 

He could be lying about the age of the sdd.

Ask for the S.M.A.R.T. details, if you're really interested.

That info will tell you how many hours the sdd has been on for and the ssd wear level.

If you already back up your data regulary, I don't think it's that risky.

If not and you'll be using it as your main drive, it's kind of risky.

Rather pay a premium for piece of mind.

Last edited:
Ehh, not everyone games and needs that much space on an SSD. I'd be able to live with a 120GB SSD and a secondary 1 or 2TB HDD.

I got a 1 TB HDD and 250 GB Samsung 850 EVO. I'm constantly deleting games off the SSD to avoid putting them on the HDD 
mean.gif
 I really need to get a 500 Gig or better EVO and put the TB in my PS4, before I shorten the lifespan of the SSD

Is it possible to mirror a 480gb ssd onto an 1tb ssd then pop it in your pc like a mac?
I'd rather have a 1tb ssd instead of a 480gb ssd with a 1tb hdd.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom