Official PC thread.

Need to pickup a new desktop amp for my cans. What's good for under $200 these days?

Running the AKG K702 Anniversary Editions.

Would prefer something not USB powered. Picked up a Fiio USB powered amp and after a while started getting an error message saying not enough USB power. All my ports were throwing that error.

So most def want something that draws power from the outlet.

Can do a Schiit stack for $200. Magni + Modi.

https://www.schiit.com/products/magni-1
https://www.schiit.com/products/modi-1

I don't, have heard good things tho.

Personally don't have an amp right now, but I've been doing research on what to buy for like the past month lol

yorkshire tea yorkshire tea has the Magni + Modi stack.
Been doing my research too. In the meantime using some inner ear type phones and they are terrible. I'm in a game and at times I get noises on the wrong side. LOL. Horrible. Been spoiled for a while.

This is a longshot but does anyone have an extra set of hyperglides for the Finalmouse I can buy??

I have to repair the mouse wheel and will probably have to replace them in the process.
Or if anyone has fixed/opened their mouse, can I use the same back-feet after i take them off?

My Ducky One 2 Mini finally came in. Been loving it so far. First 60% keyboard.

IMG-1437.JPG

Thought I share my pc set up.. From last month.

Additional items added.

Upgraded to Aorus AD27 IPS monitor
Anne Pro 2 60% board

Oh **** this you??

This pic was the reason I turned my PC sideways :lol:

Got my 58x in!

Should see biggest gains in productivity things and minor to moderate gains for gaming.

Could wait for 3rd gen Ryzen.
Did AMD announce the release? Was thinking of getting the 2700x but started reading on how the next gen is coming. I actually have the 6600 but not K.

Ryzen would increase my work productivity for sure especially video rendering. I’d have to get a new mobo but that’s about it, seems like everything else would swap.

Anyone know if you swap mobo, Will Windows 10 register or would I need to buy it again?

Windows boots from your drive. I don’t think switching motherboards would affect your ability to boot from your drive.

Windows boots from your drive. I don’t think switching motherboards would affect your ability to boot from your drive.
Gotcha. I think last I read, since W10 doesn't register by key anymore it attaches itself to the motherboard somehow. Maybe I read wrong.

I guess my main question is, would a discounted 2700X be a better move than the newest gen Ryzen?

My thought process. But that has me thinking that the 2700x is gonna drop when the 3xxx comes out.
Gotcha. I think last I read, since W10 doesn't register by key anymore it attaches itself to the motherboard somehow. Maybe I read wrong.

I guess my main question is, would a discounted 2700X be a better move than the newest gen Ryzen?

I would wait since the new CPUs will be on new architecture.

I was in a similar situation when the GTX 10X0 were coming out. I decided to get the 970, then the 10X0 dropped a couple months a later, wish I waited.

20190501_215127.jpg

Regret some of my build.

Would prefer to have gotten the NZXT H500i and a Mobo with a 3 pin RGB header.

Want to get some new case fans.
I have the NZXT H500 for my current build. I didn't see the benefit of getting the NZXT H500i

I would wait since the new CPUs will be on new architecture.

I was in a similar situation when the GTX 10X0 were coming out. I decided to get the 970, then the 10X0 dropped a couple months a later, wish I waited.
Gotcha. I have def been a victim of bad timing when it came to upgrades. That is why I have been stuck with my current setup for so long. (mainly because I didn't need the upgrade)

Currently have:

i7 6700 (not 6600)
RX480 8gb
32gb ddr4

Works fine now for most things, but when I get to editing anything QHD or higher, it struggles. I try to avoid editing with proxies.

Main thing I want to upgrade is the processor. May even fork out the extra for threadripper. The MB prices just seem to jump way up when you get into that realm. But may be worth it.

What case fans y'all running? Want to replace my old ones.

I'm looking at the Pure Wings 2 from be quiet right now.

I have an EVGA Hadron Air mini itx, so not much options. The power supply is loud as ****. Otherwise relatively quiet.

Back
Top Bottom