***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

Wow I guess a guy cant get frustrated anymore after a 1-3 start. Smh yall just looking for anything to slight the man.

& its not like he said anything bad in the first place

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by Caerus

I guess he's slowly dropping "Nice & humble" vick and becoming "Falcons" vick again.

That's a good way of putting it. 
did you watch the whole thing or just the parts the media decided to exploit?  He was humble as hell in the beginning of the press conference but the media makes it what they want
stop with this back to Falcon's Vick non sense

Eagles fans, what did you guys think of Vick press conference? Some fans are crying about the way he answered questions. I guess he's slowly dropping "Nice & humble" vick and becoming "Falcons" vick again.

at the beginning of the conference he thanked God for giving him another opportunity to play, thats not humble? he's the leader of the team (well offensively wise) and has the right to be upset consider what the defense did smh
Nnamdi, Cole, Babin, Chaney and Jenkins need to stop up and be the leader of the defense before this gets out of hand

if cole is hurt, i think tapp can kinda fill in that void and we don't get back Graham until week 8 so 
ohwell.gif

if peters is hurt....
30t6p3b.gif

i dont think the wide 9 should be used every @#$%^&*@ down, only on obvious passing downs cause these gaps are riduclous

it is a MUST to pull out a W next week and i could give a rat's *** if the Bills are hot right now

FOLLOW CSNPHILLY ON TWITTER

The Eagles not only suffered a humiliating loss to the 49ers Sunday but also three key injuries.

Neither defensive end Trent Cole (calf strain) nor left tackle Jason Peters (hamstring) likely will play next Sunday at Buffalo. Defensive tackle Antonio Dixon (torn triceps) is likely out for the rest of the season. Dixon will have surgery later this week.

Head coach Andy Reid called the injuries to Cole and Peters “fairly significant

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I guess he's slowly dropping "Nice & humble" vick and becoming "Falcons" vick again.

did you watch the whole thing or just the parts the media decided to exploit?  He was humble as hell in the beginning of the press conference but the media makes it what they want
I watched it, his last three weeks he's been getting worse with each interview. More complaining and pointing the finger. 

I watched it, his last three weeks he's been getting worse with each interview. More complaining and pointing the finger. 
besides that ref comment; who did he point the finger at?

besides that ref comment; who did he point the finger at?

alien.gif
 he must have saw a different press conference than yesterdays cuz Vick didn't blame anyone

T. Cole out a month and Dixon out the rest of the season.
frown.gif
 Just the news we needed after that horrible loss. To make things better Reid said the coaching staff will stay and that Juan Castillo will still call the defense. I'm getting tired of Reid and him not answering the questions. I'm tired of him saying week after week that "we need to get better." Hes been saying the same things for 13 seasons, and he can't continue to spit out the same **+!$*@* week after week.

Andy Reid said that defensive coordinator Juan Castillo will continue to call the defense and that the Eagles' defensive coaching staff will remain in place as is following the team's third straight loss.

Castillo's unit collapsed in the fourth quarter for the third straight week as the Eagles fell to the 49ers, 24-23, Sunday at Lincoln Financial Field. As a result, the former offensive line coach -- who has never been a defensive coordinator at either the collegiate or professional level -- is on the hot seat.

"The coaches will stay intact and then we go from there," Reid said Monday at the NovaCare Complex.

Asked directly about Castillo and the job he has done through four games, Reid was mechanical in his response (think Reid saying after last season that Sean McDermott was coming back and then firing him a few days later).

"I think Juan's doing some good things," Reid said. "If you ask me the same question about myself or the other coaches and players, there's some good things we're all doing and there a lot of things we need to work on. So that's what we're doing. I'm telling you it's not one person, it's all of us pulling this thing together and doing our jobs a little bit better."

If there weren't any changes planned at the coaching level, did Reid have any plans to change the defensive scheme or further shake up the lineup?

"We look at everything every week, and that's what we do," Reid said. "So that's no different this week."

On the injury front, defensive end Trent Cole and tackle Jason Peters have "fairly significant" injuries, Reid said. Cole has a calf strain and Peters has a hamstring strain. While Reid did not if either was out for Sunday's game at Buffalo it is unlikely either will make the trip.

Reid said that King Dunlap would probably be Peters' replacement. Both Juqua Parker (ankle) and Darryl Tapp (pectoral) are improving, Reid said, so there could be reinforcements at defensive end for next week.

But the defensive line suffered a blow when defensive tackle Antonio Dixon tore his triceps against the 49ers. Reid said he is likely out for the season.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/Castillo-will-still-call-defense.html#ixzz1Zk7zIQgG
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else
Also, what do you guys think of getting rid of Asante? IMO I would rather have DRC take his spot. Letting his man have a 8-9 yard cushion and not even attempting to make a tackle just makes me sick.

it's not so much the players; it's the coaches not putting the players in the right position to succeed that is the bottom line

Idk if I can really fault the defense too much considering they held the 49ers to 3 points in the entire first half. It seemed like they were aggressive in the 1st half, then Juan Castillo saw we had the lead so he decided to get "conservative" and that's when the 49ers offense thought "Word? You're gonna give us zone coverage in the secondary?" and that's when Alex Smith was making passes like he was Peyton's clone.

We have DRC and Nnamdi who are cover guys, and we constantly run zone defense. My take on it is that Asante felt alienated when they got 2 big name cover corners in the offseason, so Castillo decided to have the defense fit in a way where he wouldn't feel left out. And the only defense Asante can play is zone because he sucks at man coverage. That's just my speculation, but if it is true, Asante can go. This dude used to get INTs every week or 2 with weak corners helping him out. Now he has better corners and can't get more than 1 pick in 4 games? We need to trade Asante for a solid linebacker and a safety that can tackle. I can care less if the safety has 0 interceptions in his career. If he can tackle, we're good

^ that's why i think it's the coaches that need to be changed.. at least on the defensive side..

and i agree, we should trade asante.. just because he's the odd man out scheme wise with our CBs and safeties.. and i would try out jarrett since he's known as a hitter/tackler

but i would go with draft picks, who is out there that we can trade for an get value?

^lol

caplannfl Adam Caplan
I'm told the Eagles are expected to re-sign DT Derek Landri. He'll take the place of DT Antonio Dixon (torn triceps).

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

^lol

caplannfl Adam Caplan
I'm told the Eagles are expected to re-sign DT Derek Landri. He'll take the place of DT Antonio Dixon (torn triceps).
I don't remember this guy. Is he any good??? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
 @ extraordinary swag's sig

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

anyone know anything about winston moss or trgovac?

considering those were the 2 popular names for the DV position

This might sound dramatic but Sunday is one of the biggest games for the franchise in a few years. A surprise Bills team that wasn't expected to do big things before the season against an Eagles team that was predicted by many experts to have a great season n hasn't done a damn thing. A win has the team at 2-3 which means they have to go 8-3 to have a shot at the playoffs , which is tough but doable. A loss has them at 1-4, meaning they gotta go 9-2 which is damn near impossible with a young team facing lots of criticism

Sunday's game is also a statement game. Beat a hyped Bills team n earn some respect. Lose the game n here comes the "Vick is no leader ...What Dream Team?..Money can't buy wins" etc. It has already started but it'll get 10x worse.

This lame in The Week 4 in Review thread came to this thread just to anonymously quote things we've said
laugh.gif
. So many Eagles' sack riders. Come at me bro. I know you're lurking this thread

also.. something makes a whole lot more sense to me now than it did when we made the hiring (obviously because i don't watch too many titans' games)

but it was said some place that washburn's wide 9 gave andy fits.. well of course it did, because andy reid's refusal to RUN THE BALL

the system basically calls on the Dline to disregard the run and just worry about getting to the QB.. thus calling on LBs to clean up everything.. which means they have to fight off Olineman's blocks.. and also have to still worry about coverage assignments.. thus making us liable to TEs and or RBs out the backfield if half decent play fakes occur

indifferent.gif

this is just like '01 going into '02 again.. where our whole offseason philosophy was based on the game against the rams, only we end up facing the bucs

now, we prepared ourselves for pass happy green bay.. and make our biggest weaknesses even more prominent

i think we have the personnel to succeed.. but we DEF need a change in philosophy on D.. at least.. it's obvious juan isn't and wasn't prepared to be able to make the in game adjustments needed (which is just a lack of experience).. and he's either deferring the whole Dline to washburn and his system or he doesn't have the power to take control of the defense

if a change is to be made i guess i would rather go with johnnie lynn, who at least was a DC at one point.. it's too late to bring in a big name

and to think we could have had moss or trgovac from green bay:
http://profootballtalk.nb...ordinate-eagles-defense/

UPPTEMPO8387 wrote:
This lame in The Week 4 in Review thread came to this thread just to anonymously quote things we've said
laugh.gif
. So many Eagles' sack riders. Come at me bro. I know you're lurking this thread

Notice how that lame cowboy fan (his name escapes me right now) doesn't show up in this thread anymore. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i would do anything for a 6'4-6'5 wide receiver cause i could care less about Maclin at this point

Back
Top Bottom