***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

Originally Posted by RetroSan

i would do anything for a 6'4-6'5 wide receiver cause i could care less about Maclin at this point
Maclin is still a good player just his two mistakes killed us, there was still no guarantees we would have won. Ronnie Brown's fumble was way more crucial if you ask me, we had the lead then

But if a guy like Brandon Marshall was on the market I'd do it in a heartbeat 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

i would do anything for a 6'4-6'5 wide receiver cause i could care less about Maclin at this point
Maclin is still a good player just his two mistakes killed us, there was still no guarantees we would have won. Ronnie Brown's fumble was way more crucial if you ask me, we had the lead then

happy.gif

don't forget two missed FG's by Andy Reid's arrogance to just let David Akers walk
Plax would have been a better fit than signing Steve Smith; he has done nothing but blow a redzone chance for us by forgetting how to catch a ball 

If we had a Calvin Johnson type player....
eek.gif
eek.gif

Wishful thinking though......
tired.gif

I'm also preparing myself for the worst on Sunday.....

^ can't really blame the FGs, considering we had our success in defending FGs against akers..

just a whole lot went wrong to really pin it on 1 player or thing..

and like i said to one of my boy's as recently, maclin is prob our best WR now (obviously desean is more explosive) and harbor our best pass catching TE

laugh.gif
Once again we have a Cowboys fan coming into the EAGLES thread to complain about trolling

I completely agree we need to drop the wide 9 on every play deal, I would still use it on obvious passing downs, but not when there's a good chance of the opposition running the ball

And our redzone problems was exactly why I wanted us to go after Plaxico, because a big body down by the goal line is exactly what we need

I agree with you guys about having a big guy in the red zone. Last year this team had so many big pass plays of 30+ yards that ended up going for TDs that it seems like Reid was like "eff it...We'll just keep scoring off this dynamic plays and then if we get stopped a few yards short, we'll just let the HB or RB punch it in for 6"...Uhhhhh, nahh that's not working...The safeties are playing super deep which is allowing big plays, but not allowing those plays to go for TDs..McCoy isn't doing great on red zone runs due to the wack O-Line letting the defense ram right thru them, and when we hand it to Ronnie Brown to use his power to get into the end zone on short yardage, he tries throwing fadeaway lateral passes that go 2 inches off the ground

How about we throw it to Clay Harbor? He proved on Sunday that he can make big catches, and he's 6'4..The Pats use their TEs all the time in the end zone and they have one of the most efficient red zone offenses in the league. I dislike Brent Celek but he's also a pass catching TE so I wouldn't mind a 2 TE set on red zone plays and just throw it up to one of these guys. Even if the secondary plays their best defenders on the TEs, most likely Desean or Maclin would have a huge speed advantage over whoever ends up covering them.

we for sure have to use celek in the redzone....our speed doesnt matter when we have only 20 yards to the endzone....they need to get a guy who they can lob it to and have him go get it....moss would come in handy but i doubt they would go after him...

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

itsaboutthattime that itsaboutthattime stop trolling.

I guess thats what happens when the "dream Team" goes 1-3.

grin.gif
is it a coincidence that the one guy we have from University of Texas is the one and only person who made that comment

and i guess week 1 must have been rough for you, judging by your sig..

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

happy.gif

i'd say Asante and a 2nd round pick is a fair trade 
nerd.gif

ohwell.gif

Idk if I could sign on to Brandon Marshall. He's a great receiver but his personality? No me gusta...He has clinically diagnosed personality disorders and is borderline schizo. I could see him having issues in the locker room with guys like Desean who has a huge ego. There's a reason why despite his talent, there weren't many takers for him when the Broncos were looking to trade him a few years back.

How about we try to get Lebron? He used to play wide receiver in HS..He's 6'8 and can jump out of his mind. Plus, the Eagles are already one of the most hated teams in the league so it wouldn't be much of an adjustment for him. We'd have a big 3 of Vick, McCoy, and Lebron
laugh.gif

(j/k btw before that gets quoted and put in the Week 5 in review thread
grin.gif
)

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Idk if I could sign on to Brandon Marshall. He's a great receiver but his personality? No me gusta...He has clinically diagnosed personality disorders and is borderline schizo. I could see him having issues in the locker room with guys like Desean who has a huge ego. There's a reason why despite his talent, there weren't many takers for him when the Broncos were looking to trade him a few years back.

How about we try to get Lebron? He used to play wide receiver in HS..He's 6'8 and can jump out of his mind. Plus, the Eagles are already one of the most hated teams in the league so it wouldn't be much of an adjustment for him. We'd have a big 3 of Vick, McCoy, and Lebron
laugh.gif

(j/k btw before that gets quoted and put in the Week 5 in review thread
grin.gif
)

my ex gf was diagnosed with borderline; it is NOT something to take lightly...it's really a devastating condition; it's like you are around two completely different people and you don't know which one to expect.
I wouldn't mess with B Marsh, I'd sign TO before I traded for him. 

Would you guys try to convince Randy Moss to come out of retirement? Or would he be a cancer in the locker room like he was with Minny and Tennessee? 

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

Would you guys try to convince Randy Moss to come out of retirement? Or would he be a cancer in the locker room like he was with Minny and Tennessee? 
Do Not Want. Takes to many plays off

Yeah I love Randy but he's not gonna be in there for many snaps unless it's a red zone play. Can't picture him returning to get minimal snaps. He would only return to play on a team where he could be a big focal point and has a shot at the playoffs. I'd rather TO. He was actually effective his last season in Cincy. But considering his last stint with Reid, I doubt it's even an option.

Danny Watkins replacing DeVan at guard....hopefully he can get some push in those short yardage/red zone situations

Originally Posted by mrarmageddon

Danny Watkins replacing DeVan at guard....hopefully he can get some push in those short yardage/red zone situations
If Reid is gonna give Watkins a chance, why let give a chance to Jerrett a chance in the backfield? Maybe give him a few chances and just cycle him in with the other safeties. 

BleedingGreen BleedingGreenNation
Watkins in for the disappointing DeVan, but when does someone replace Jarad Page?

i really think we should be going coleman and jerrett at safeties.. nate allen still doesn't look right

This Eagles team can def score on the Bills...Bills are 25th in Opponents Passing Yards AND 25th in Opponents Rushing Yards..As long as Vick doesn't force any passes and Reid lets McCoy run the ball more than 9 times a game, they can put points up...Not to mention even tho we suck in the Red Zone, the Bills are almost as bad as our defense once it gets to the Red Zone so TDs can be scored a little more easily than usual.

The biggest issue is they're 5th in the NFL in rushing, which basically lands right into our biggest weakness. If the LBs can't do a better job at containing the run, the Bills will just have a field day running all over this defense. Fitzpatrick has been off to a good start this season but he struggled against Cincy. If Nnamdi can step it up, they'll be forced to run the ball more, allowing the defense to put more guys in the box to stop the rush.

Overall, it comes down to Red Zone defense. The Bills will get to the Red Zone often because of their rushing ability, and the Eagles will get down the field because the Bills aren't much better at defending the run or pass. Whichever team can stop the other more in the Red Zone, wins the game. May sound obvious but since both teams will get to the Red Zone at least 5 times this game, a single conversion can be the difference in this game, just like it has been the difference in the ATL and SF game

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

BleedingGreen BleedingGreenNation
Watkins in for the disappointing DeVan, but when does someone replace Jarad Page?

i really think we should be going coleman and jerrett at safeties.. nate allen still doesn't look right
That's what I'm saying. I brought up the question on philly.com's live chat with Johnathan Tamari asking "If Reid gave Watkins a shot, do you think they should give Jarrett a shot at safety." He replied with 
Jonathan Tamari: 
I think they'd like to, but it doesn't sound from coaches like he's ready yet. I could see him replacing Page in the near future though (but probably not this week)

I think they should give him more runs with the first in practice. Jarrett seems like a pretty good tackler, something we need in the safety spot right now.

its going to be a legitimate shootout on Sunday but i think our corners (
30t6p3b.gif
) can shut them down like we did to Atlanta and i don't know who's their TE is but he SHOULDN'T be a problem.

Jarrett should get a shot but i think he's not that instinctive at this moment.

^ I wanna agree with you that the secondary will lock them down, but I've been humbled after that 2nd half disaster against San Fran, so I'm gonna reserve judgment. If our secondary plays even 80% of it's capability, we'll be fine. But if they play like they did in the 2nd half against the 49ers, we're in trouble. Staying optimistic tho.

Can't force throws against them tho. Even tho they're 25th in opponents passing yards, they also have 8 picks in 4 games. If they could get INTs off Brady, they can do the same to Vick if he's making risky throws. However, I was happy to see last week that Reid let Vick throw bombs to Desean and Maclin a few times, compared to the first few weeks where most of the passes were relatively short throws

Back
Top Bottom