***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Freddy Jackson may get 200 yards total this Sunday... yeah I said it

Freddy Jackson will have a big day, but so will McCoy...Eagles give up 139 Rush Yards a game, and the Bills give up 129..Eagles gave up 127 yards to Gore, and the Bills gave up 102 to Benson..Both #s are
sick.gif
considering Benson is garbage and Gore wasn't at 100% last Sunday.

Rushing #s on the year...McCoy-66 carries for 363 yards and 4 TDs...Jackson-64 carries, 369 yards, 4 TDs. Can't really give an edge to either.

McCoy is better tho and he's only 6 yards away from Jackson after having a 9 carry game
grin.gif

Good point RetroSan..McCoy also has a garbage offensive line so he can't depend on them creating gaps for him to run thru. He has to make big runs happen rather than waiting for the line to create the lanes for him to run thru..Also, since Vick isn't good against the Blitz, the Eagles get blitzed way more than most teams so McCoy often runs into blitzes when Vick audibles for a run play when the offense is set up for a pass

Originally Posted by msaba07

Reading you guys go back and forth about football is comical ... are you 12?

This reminds me of the Texans game last year ... Buncha gassed fans thinking their team is doing it cuz they rattled off a few wins against mediocre teams ... Getting to sound like ******** fans before last week ...

I used to like your bum %%$ squad but now, +%$% it ... Ole broke %%$ city, broke %%$ fans, broke %%$ car company ... Poverty stricken children running around looking for rice ... Only thing you can count on in dstroit is a foreclosure, crack head and unemployed human on every block ...

Bush should have invaded Afghanistan, Iraq and then Detroit ... But then again Yall don't have anything of value to go to war for ... Scrap metal and pumpkins ... +%$% boys ...

Cowboys 82
Lions 4

Roby Ryan is either going to look like a total doucher or a complete beast ... I agree with him though, on the low ... ... ... Dez @ 100% >>>>>>> CJ ... Miles @ 100% >>>>>>>> CJ ...

Miles and Dez @ 100% >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any duo in the league ... too bad they are frail as china, smh ...

ummmmmmmmm.. our bad?

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Reading you guys go back and forth about football is comical ... are you 12?

This reminds me of the Texans game last year ... Buncha gassed fans thinking their team is doing it cuz they rattled off a few wins against mediocre teams ... Getting to sound like ******** fans before last week ...

I used to like your bum %%$ squad but now, +%$% it ... Ole broke %%$ city, broke %%$ fans, broke %%$ car company ... Poverty stricken children running around looking for rice ... Only thing you can count on in dstroit is a foreclosure, crack head and unemployed human on every block ...

Bush should have invaded Afghanistan, Iraq and then Detroit ... But then again Yall don't have anything of value to go to war for ... Scrap metal and pumpkins ... +%$% boys ...

Cowboys 82
Lions 4

Roby Ryan is either going to look like a total doucher or a complete beast ... I agree with him though, on the low ... ... ... Dez @ 100% >>>>>>> CJ ... Miles @ 100% >>>>>>>> CJ ...

Miles and Dez @ 100% >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any duo in the league ... too bad they are frail as china, smh ...

ummmmmmmmm.. our bad?
he's a troll with 10 screen names; ignore him.  He wants us to go at him because he doesn't have anything else to do with his life or time.

am i alone in really wanting the fo to trade asante this pillow coverage hes doing is complete bulls%^

I think the Eagles wanna trade him but they don't wanna disrespect him in the process because for years, he led the team in INTs and a lot of those picks were in crucial moments late in games. He obviously isn't on that same level right now but I guess they don't wanna look like they're placing the blame on him for why the secondary is slacking. When in reality, many of the other players aren't living up to their potential either.

They needa stop running so much zone. Samuel cant be that bad @ man & besides it negates the purpose of Nam
30t6p3b.gif

The way I see it, the Eagles will not be able to contain the run until later in the season when the inexperienced LBs had time to learn how to defend the run in the NFL..As of now, they're taking bad angles on tackles, getting fooled by screens, etc.. This won't be fixed as quickly as we'd want. However, the Eagles have the personnel to stop the pass. If the secondary plays to it's capabilities, then the other teams won't be able to make the big plays they need. In the current NFL, every team takes a shot down the field at some point in their drive and the Bills are no different. If the secondary turns those deep shots into turnovers, it gives the offense more possessions and also will tire out their RB when he's running the ball on almost every possession. Not to mention the O-line will be tired from having to block on so many snaps. Perfect example of a successful defense that isn't very good at stopping the run is the Jets. They're mediocre at stopping the run but they lock down the receivers so well that it prevents the offense from making big plays and gaining momentum

from bill simmons' recent column:
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7071243/laying-week-5-odds

Eagles (-3) over BILLS

The Bills can't rush the passer (Philly's had protection issues), love to throw the ball (Philly's secondary has to come around at some point, right?), lucked out with takeaways so far (+8, including 2 TDs) and just aren't as talented. Put it this way: If Buffalo wins this game, then we have to (a) write off the 2011 Eagles, (b) give Buffalo 2011 pole position for the "Place Where Home-field Advantage Means the Most," (c) circle the wagons (I don't know what this means, or how it applies to the Bills, but I'll go with it), and (d) adjust the following line …

The "Everybody Believes In Us" Factor (+3.5) over "The Nobody Believes In Us" Factor
The 2010-11 Heat, then the 2011 Red Sox, now the 2011 Eagles — in the 24/7 Sports Coverage/Hyperbole/Beating-Every-Angle-Into-The-Ground era, you should do everything possible to avoid become an attention-getting favorite with a giant bull's-eye on your back. Had I been running the Eagles, I would have gone the opposite way after the Nnamdi Asomugha signing — instead of allowing the "Dream Team" thing to get momentum, I would have called a team meeting and told Michael Vick and LeSean McCoy, "Hey guys, we're about sign Asomugha — when it happens, can you @%*$+ to the press about how we should have signed an offensive lineman so everyone can start writing about Philly's in-house dissension and overlook the fact that we're effing loaded on both sides? Just trust me, it's for the best."

2011 Andy Reid (-2.5) over Every Other Andy Reid
A classic Andy season thus far: The Eagles have outgained their opponents by 275 yards, notched 25 more first downs, held the ball for 16-plus more minutes … and they're 1-3. Last week's Niners debacle featured Andy's usual goal-line struggles, an inexplicable pass/run ratio (how can a team that led 23-3 finish with a 2-to-1 pass/run ratio) and the 573rd time I made the "Andy needs to hire a 14-year-old pimply faced Madden junkie to help him with clock management down the stretch" joke (as Mike Lombardi pointed out, it's the umpteenth straight year that Andy botched the "how do you handle your timeouts around the two-minute warning?" dilemma, which isn't really a dilemma because there's only one way to handle it). And then there's …

Julio Castillo's Hiring as Philly's Defensive Coordinator (+17) over Rick Perry's Presidential Campaign
You work as Philly's offensive line coach for 13 solid years … and suddenly, you're given seven weeks post-lockout to figure out a defense with new parts, figure out its strengths and weaknesses, game plan and coach it?

Philly's Regrets for Michael Vick's Nine-Figure Extension (+4.5) over Adrian Peterson's Regrets for Signing a Nine-Figure Extension in Minnesota
Even the biggest Vick fan would admit this: These next three months are make-or-break for him. He hasn't had a relevant playoff moment in seven years. He's 2-5 in his past seven games (dating back to last year). There's mounting evidence that he's better in video games, highlight reels and fantasy leagues than real life, and his durability is always going to be suspect … but if he misses the playoffs with this team and these weapons? Yikes.

don't worry bruh we got this

*uses optimism to conceal tears"
frown.gif

#trade22

Truth be told, this team came out cocky from the gate. They thought people would see their talent n roll over n die. This 1-3 start could be a blessing in disguise. It may have woke them up and the non stop criticism has to have pissed them off a little. I'm not gonna be super confident like usual but I'm still optimistic. This team won 1 of 4 games where they were favorites and are STILL favorites on the road against a 3-1 team

We HAVE to convert in the redzone today. We can't continue to go into these games and not converting in that critical area of the field. 

It's hard for me to get excited for this game today; f-ing Phillies broke my damn heart 
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

I feel very confident the Eagles win this game and next week; going 3-3 into the bye week.  I think we will see Nhamdi playing cover today and I am expecting DeSean to open up the field against the Bills secondary.

Let's just hope Castillo been paying attention to what everyone has been saying about Nnamdi playing man defense, we HAVE to win today or I'ma lose my mind :>

^Ditto. & stop the wide 9 prolly all together. We just do not have the personnel. This really is a MUST WIN

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Vick with 3 first half INTs
indifferent.gif

But only the third one was really his fault
At this point I'm ready to just cut Asante
30t6p3b.gif
if you're going to give receivers 10 yard cushions at least come up and make the tackle afterwards instead of just letting them run around you

Back
Top Bottom