***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

Reid makes play calls like he's playing Madden..8 seconds left and no timeouts, in field goal range, and you set up a deep pass play that takes forever to develop? He's really starting to piss me off, including Castillo with his horrendous play calling. Hopefully going into halftime down by 2 TDs for once will have them coming out angry...Not getting my hopes too high tho

smile.gif

Trade asantefor a 2[sup]nd [/sup](hopefully before the deadline where he his value is highwith contenders)

Clean housewith the coaches.. and look to someone reasonably young like Winston Moss(presently 45) from Green Bay

Use our 1[sup]st[/sup]round draft pick on vontaze burfict

Trade 2 ofour 3 second round picks for a 1[sup]st[/sup] round pick

Hope that mattbarkley drops in the draft so that we can take him with our 2[sup]nd[/sup] 1[sup]st[/sup]round pick (might be 3[sup]rd[/sup] QB taken behind luck and jones.. basicallywe would hope to pull a Rodgers here)

If barkelyisn’t there, get the highest rated Tackle.. offensive or defensive

Use therest of our picks* (we presently have 10.. and would pick up 11 in the asante trade)on Olinemen, DTs and LBs.. or trade 1 or 2 for future picks

*if we don’tget barkley, then draft a QB at some point

SOMEWHAT notably guys gone:

Paige (he might be the guy gone when we need the roster spot from graham.. considering our injuries at DE)

Ronnie Brown

Vince Young

Justice

Jamal Jackson (depending oncontract size)

Mathis orDevan (1 stays for cheap)

Parker

++%$$!+ GARBAGE +$% SQUAD. SO MANY MISTAKES. SOMEBODY NEEDS TO BE GONE COME MONDAY. I CANT BELIEVE THIS. ++%$$!+ JOKE

every single week, we beat ourselves
30t6p3b.gif

turnover differential has killed us this season, I've never seen a team more opportunistic than Buffalo in my life man. I'm so tired of feeling like this every week, just give me ONE win to stop the bleeding for God's sake

so how many losses is it gonna take to light a fire under Roseman to make some changes?

^ trade deadline is the tuesday following the sixth week of the regular season

if we lose to the ******** next week (in Washington).. i have to think asante is gone (hopefully a 2nd round pick)

i dont see moves we could make this season other than philosophically which would make THAT much of a difference (who is really out there? lance briggs? curry?).. vick needs to get some sort of season ending "injury", so we could up the trade value for young or kafka

and then we would have 12/13 picks to roll with.. and since we have few real holes, make huge trade ups in the draft for impact guys

I'm not even talking about players. I'm talking about the coaching staff.

It was Reid who made Castillo the DC. Alot of this doesn't fall on just the players. It all starts with Reid. He's taken Philly far in previous years, but...I think they really need to move on from the Reid era.

This may be crazy but check this out. If we can somehow beat the ********, the cowboys play the pats & the giants play the bills & they both lose which is likley we only 1 game back for divison
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
eyes.gif
frown.gif

I like how Castillo figured out that playing man to man defense worked. Too bad it was late....

I wouldn't be surprised if they get blown out next week with the ******** coming off a bye and it being a major revenge game for them after last year. If they go down early I'm afraid guys will start quitting out there. And please start DRC over Asante.

Originally Posted by k3stacks

This may be crazy but check this out. If we can somehow beat the ********, the cowboys play the pats & the giants play the bills & they both lose which is likley we only 1 game back for divison
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
eyes.gif
frown.gif
So basically, you are hoping for a scenario in which you make the playoffs at like 7-9 like Seattle that year. 
laugh.gif

Well, keep hope alive. 

can someone remind me of when the cowboys' won their second game last year?

since this is an eagles' thread and all

these next 3 weeks (2 games) makes or breaks everything.. our room for error is gone.. i doubt we make it at 9-7.. soo we have 11 games left and can only lose 2 MAYBE 3 more

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
eyes.gif
frown.gif

This really isn't that far-fetched though.  The division is still up for grab imo.  No one is afraid of the ********.  I doubt that the Cowboys will win in New England, and NY just lost to a team with Tavaris Jackson as their starting QB.  We've basically found ways to lose all of these games.  5 turnovers, and came within a TD.

And I also noticed how they switched the D up around the 3rd quarter.  A lot more man to man and blitzing.  I liked what I saw.  They need to stick with that.

Originally Posted by CJ616

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
eyes.gif
frown.gif

This really isn't that far-fetched though.  The division is still up for grab imo.  No one is afraid of the ********.  I doubt that the Cowboys will win in New England, and NY just lost to a team with Tavaris Jackson as their starting QB.  We've basically found ways to lose all of these games.  5 turnovers, and came within a TD.

And I also noticed how they switched the D up around the 3rd quarter.  A lot more man to man and blitzing.  I liked what I saw.  They need to stick with that.

Thank You. You see where im coming from. Lets me kno I aint tripping

^ problem is HOW LONG IT TOOK FOR THE COACHES TO GET THAT

it makes sense that an andy reid offense would struggle against an DLine concept that basically says disregard the run and rush the passer..

and to add to that, we have always drafted undersized DLinemen and LBs.. so how the hell we going with a scheme that asks for DTs to take on extra blockers or an extra gap responsibility and LBs to take on Olineman when trying stop the run

we have the personnel.. but at this point we have no room for error and if we do start to do well, the ppl who put us in this situation won't suffer the repercussions of their actions

Back
Top Bottom