***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

Originally Posted by polorico

cowboys are re building , you guys were crowned the paper champions by your own fans , and by some people in the media.

simple as that.

just incase you missed it
2hrk5tv.gif

^
laugh.gif

Seriously though, nobody here crowned the Eagles champions, I think most people thought we would be a very good team but nobody on here crowned us champs
30t6p3b.gif

If you paid attention, after Vince called us "the dream team" everybody (fans and Eagles players) distanced themselves from that, nobody agreed with his statement

Good to hear that Vick's hand isn't broken. That said
-I was listening to some Philly sports talk this morning and they brought up a good point about Vick's reaction to the shot that "broke" his hand. They were talking about the hit and when Vick sat up from the hit, he didn't immediately go for his hand; he placed his hands right on his head, ripped off his chin straps and placed his hands back on his head. They also talked about how Vick didn't look like himself such as him not being so sharp. So that brought up the question of, was this "broken hand" just a smoke and mirror attempt to cover up Vick still not being 100% from the concussion? I do agree with some of what they said about him not being sharp and it did bring up some question of how clear minded Vick really was, or did Vick ding up his head with all the hits he took yesterday?

Originally Posted by polorico

cowboys are re building , you guys were crowned the paper champions by your own fans , and by some people in the media.

simple as that.

You can't be serious dude. QB=Romo...He's not going anywhere..WR= Dez Bryant and Miles Austin..They're not going anywhere...TE=Witten..He's not going anywhere..RB=Felix Jones..He's not going anywhere either...So where exactly are you guys rebuilding? There weren't many changes made defensively for the Cowboys..Hell, the Eagles made way more adjustments on the defensive roster so to say your team isn't playing that well because they're "rebuilding" is a cop out.

The Cowboys won the division TWO TIMES in the past 13 seasons...Stop flaunting Super Bowl championships that happened when you were 3 years old

Not to be a pessimist but I don't think Vick is gonna be nearly as good as last season. I love Vick, but whenever he throws I find myself thinking he's gonna make a stupid decision rather than a good one.

Originally Posted by creamOfDacrops

Not to be a pessimist but I don't think Vick is gonna be nearly as good as last season. I love Vick, but whenever he throws I find myself thinking he's gonna make a stupid decision rather than a good one.
expecting a repeat of last year would be unwise. Teams know his weaknesses and the weakness of our team now and they're gonna keep attacking them until we make adjustments. Vick NEEDS to get rid of the ball quicker or at least take off when no one is open. I think we can still right the ship we just need to put a streak of good games together

Hello Ladies.

I think the biggest issue with the Eagles, is size at WR. Yall need a 6'3 - 6'4 safety blanket for Vick. Speed is the name of the game but sometimes you need size to float it up there, especially in the red zone. All the playmakers, including Vick are under 6'1.

Regardless, it's always great to beat you guys.

I didn't like Vick complaining after the game, seemed like sour grapes. It also seemed clear as day that he was insinuating that he wasn't getting the calls because he was black.

Regardless...see you later on in the season.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Hello Ladies.

I think the biggest issue with the Eagles, is size at WR. Yall need a 6'3 - 6'4 safety blanket for Vick. Speed is the name of the game but sometimes you need size to float it up there, especially in the red zone. All the playmakers, including Vick are under 6'1.

I didn't like Vick complaining after the game, seemed like sour grapes. It also seemed clear as day that he was insinuating that he wasn't getting the calls because he was black.

I wouldn't go THAT far but I've seen this from a couple blogs today. Not surprised, people wanna play the race card anytime Vick is the topic at hand

As far as size, I'd love to have it but it's not our problem more so than the playcalling itself. Reid blows it in the redzone with his predictability. We used to run shovel passes, bootlegs all kinds of stuff. This guy gave it to the FULLBACK twice yesterday
laugh.gif

I don't think size has anything to do with our problem on offense; it all boils down to play calling. Giants fans have every reason to puff their chest right now; yesterday was pathetic but it is a very long season and the Eagles have a track record of starting slow and finishing strong.

I am fairly confident the Eagles right the ship because as much as I hate Andy Reid at least in his defense he is very good at making changes to get the team to the playoffs/NFC East title year in and year out but he fails when it comes to taking the step to elite by winning a Superbowl.

grin.gif
The Eagles have the size to put into the Red Zone, it's just that Reid has horrible Red Zone plays. Riley Cooper is 6'3 and Brent Celek at TE is 6'4.

Not trying to start an argument but coming from a Giants' fan, it's pretty ironic to say the Eagles have no size at the WR position. Hicks is your best receiver and he's 6'0..Manningham is arguably the 2nd best receiver on the team and is also 6'0..Victor Cruz who people are considering to be a starter from now on after his big game yesterday is also 6'0...All the taller receivers of the Giants are 3rd stringers

I haven't see it on here but a few Eagles fans that are friends of mine have already started to hate on nnamdi
laugh.gif

I think a lot of people didn't take into consideration that he's a man corner and played very little to no zone in Oakland. Dude will still be great for y'all no doubting that though. That victor cruz play was :smh:though, even if he was in zone.

Hello Ladies.

Hmm.  Good point there about the red zone.  I think the Eagles were better in the red zone when they had TO.  Just knowing that they don't have to worry about the WR's in the red zone makes all these plays harder to execute. 

Originally Posted by zube42

I haven't see it on here but a few Eagles fans that are friends of mine have already started to hate on nnamdi
laugh.gif

I think a lot of people didn't take into consideration that he's a man corner and played very little to no zone in Oakland. Dude will still be great for y'all no doubting that though. That victor cruz play was :smh:though, even if he was in zone.

they are almost as stupid as the Eagles coaching for putting him in a zone coverage play after play
I also don't understand why we traded Kevin Kolb to for a player that doesn't even get to play; trust me Kolb needed to be traded but they should have traded Asante for LB help 

The Eagles have always middled in the red zone under Reid. Our offensive line has never been built to go up against jumbo packages and get one or two hard yards.

I don't know if a lot of you guys are new to watching the Eagles, or are just too young to vividly remember games in the Reid era, but none of this is new. The problems that we have are the same problems that have been symptomatic of Andy Reid Eagles teams of the past, which is why I have said this is an 8-8 football team. The best thing that can happen to this team, is to have a bad season, so we can come closer to an end of the Andy Reid era, because as long as he's on the periphery of the playoffs, he is going to be with the team.

I hope Kurt Coleman and the rest of the Eagles secondary are watching Landry tackle. Those boys better be taking notes.

skeptical of the hand injury... the way Vick raised both hands to his helmet, undid his chinstraps, spit, and raised his hands again... his hand may be hurt, but i think there's more to this concussion as well.

Originally Posted by hugebird

The Eagles have always middled in the red zone under Reid. Our offensive line has never been built to go up against jumbo packages and get one or two hard yards.

I don't know if a lot of you guys are new to watching the Eagles, or are just too young to vividly remember games in the Reid era, but none of this is new. The problems that we have are the same problems that have been symptomatic of Andy Reid Eagles teams of the past, which is why I have said this is an 8-8 football team. The best thing that can happen to this team, is to have a bad season, so we can come closer to an end of the Andy Reid era, because as long as he's on the periphery of the playoffs, he is going to be with the team.
yea.. the best we do very close to the goal line is the shovel pass.. and/or we've run shotgun direct snap a couple times

but this has always been an issue

Originally Posted by zube42

laugh.gif

i think ppl are just real eager to want to hate on the eagles.. the only problem we HAVEN'T had on defense is our CBs, well other than poor tackling from them..

but coverage wise, they have been great.. the giants and falcons WRs only caught 7 passes total in each game

cruz just made a great catch.. nnamdi was in position, cruz just made a better catch

it's our LBs and safeties killing us in coverage.. on cruz's first TD we blitzed DRC and coleman was supposed to cover cruz..

teams are bringing the RBs out of the backfield and/or running screens with them.. or they throw it to the TE.. all of which is killing us

Well, everyone in the NFC East has at least 1 loss 
laugh.gif
. Still takes no pressure off us to win this next game.

Back
Top Bottom