Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by Apollo XXXIII

Originally Posted by KL9

^I thought that photo might've belonged to Bana...

laugh.gif
me too.

same here
laugh.gif

Good stuff everyone. I check the hundreds blog all the time great photos.
3885562516_3326b3f729.jpg

Recently bought the cactus wireless triggers, so I did some test shots.
3840025803_21249ec863.jpg

3840025787_d10ea453e1.jpg

nice pictures guys

I own a Canon XSi/450D and the lenses I have are the kit and the 50mm f 1.8 II lenses. I'm still a beginner in this and want to know what would be the nextbest lens on top of what I currently have? I'm looking into wide angle lens and also a everyday type lens that's better thank the regular kit lens.

My first movie production with my D5000 smh at flickr lowering qualityof vids vimeo is
pimp.gif
just need to work on stabilizing the camera while im driving i was using a tripod but my car is low so every bump and shake ifeel

Mountain Driving from Lonnie Edwards on Vimeo.

First Public video with my D5000 more to come - Music by MGMT- Electric Feel

Sup, NT photographers...

Tomorrow I will be doing my first photoshoot w/ models and I just wanted to ask you guys for some tips.

The shoot will take place in a studio that has wood flooring and high-gloss purple walls. I've shot here before and the reflection of high-gloss is hard towork with. Therefore, I will most likely be using a white background.

I reach out to you NT for advice on shutter speed, aperture, flash/ no flash versus lighting, ISO, B/W balance, etc, to achieve the best shots of my models inboth the purple background and the white background I will use.

If it matters, I will be shooting a "mistress" theme. Also, advice on post-production will be appreciated (photo filters, etc).

Sorry for all the questions but I'm kinda nervous as it's my first time working w/ models.

Originally Posted by CashmereThought96

Originally Posted by mjbetch

^shoulda held off. the D40 is sufficient enough for your needs as of now. D5000 isn't worth it imo.

yea ive noticed that but i really needed the video and wanted something with a better feel and better with low lighting with less noise .. and the D40 was my moms so i didn't wanna have 2 of the same SLR's in the house this is technically my first Personal DSLR..I could have picked up the D3000 for a little less but the video is what sold me past that.. Im kinda disapointed at the VR lense that came with the kit i think that if u spend 800 on something it should come with a better lense i cant even get good shots of things 6 or 7 ft away my moms D40 kit came with a zoom len's.. I would have just used my moms D40 but shes a little anal about me using her cam evryday
ooh word. i feel you bro. which lens did the D5000 come with

WHPH10 - Look some of your questions up online. I have never worked with professional models, so I can't help too much. Good luck!
Originally Posted by Regal Black

nice pictures guys

I own a Canon XSi/450D and the lenses I have are the kit and the 50mm f 1.8 II lenses. I'm still a beginner in this and want to know what would be the next best lens on top of what I currently have? I'm looking into wide angle lens and also a everyday type lens that's better thank the regular kit lens.
If your still a beginner, I would recommend shooting more and learning what your favorite things are to shoot. It takes me months to pick out anew lens lol. Whats your budget? If you don't have a lot to spend, go with a third party lens like sigma, tamron, or tokina. They make some great wideangle lenses and some good upgrades from the kit lens. Hope this helps.

A few of my first pictures with my new 40D. I spend all of yesterday reading the 200pg manual.

CashmereThought96 wrote:

mjbetch wrote:

^shoulda held off. the D40 is sufficient enough for your needs as of now. D5000 isn't worth it imo.

yea ive noticed that but i really needed the
video and wanted something with a better feel and better with low lighting with less noise .. and the D40 was my moms so i didn't wanna have 2 of the
same SLR's in the house this is technically my first Personal DSLR..I could have picked up the D3000 for a little less but the video is what sold me past
that.. Im kinda disapointed at the VR lense that came with the kit i think that if u spend 800 on something it should come with a better lense i cant even
get good shots of things 6 or 7 ft away my moms D40 kit came with a zoom len's.. I would have just used my moms D40 but shes a little anal about me using
her cam evryday

ooh word. i feel you bro. which lens did the D5000 come with

Nikkor DX AF-S 18-55mm VR

^^^ Must you use such a large font and bold it?
IMO, it's annoying but that's just me and you are entitled to do it however you'd like.

Originally Posted by bobbytripledigits

I wanna play. Here are a couple shots some of you may have seen from my blog, some haven't been posted before.. but just some of my favorite photos from the past few weeks. I like how the computer light plays off Olivia's face in these shots.
nt1.jpg
nt2.jpg
This shot of kids in the front row at the Linkin Park concert is one of my favorite photographs in recent years. It was right as the band was taking the stage and everyone lost their brains. Most of the other photographers and concertgoers were confused as to why, right when the performers started going off, that I turned around and shot the CROWD. But these kids were so happy and enthralled and enraptured in the entire moment, that it was a better shot than a band could ever give me. Pretty priceless looks.
nt3.jpg
nt4.jpg

lucky lucky man bobby hundreds.

Originally Posted by CashmereThought96

^shoooot. that's a good lens bro haha.

its a beautiful one but i love the option to zoom really close to my subject which id have to change lenses for better zooming
changing lenses is something you're gonna have to get used to unless you have two bodies or a 18-200VR... for the most part haha. i switchbehind my primes all the time bro! it's all gooood. i have the 70-300, but don't waste your money on it unless you're going to be shooting outdoorsall day. save up for the 70-300VR

Back
Top Bottom