Official PITTSBURGH STEELERS 2011-2012 SEASON THREAD vol. THE BOUNCE BACK SEASON

Heard they might play a 4-3 or even 4-2 with 5 DBs. Heard Keisel might play OLB too lol. Can't wait to see what defense they install.

A lot of coaches, paticularly young ones don't develope coming up with good game plans, making adjustments, & managing games. I was starting to get a little worried with Tomlin this year not making the the progression in these areas, especially during the superbowl & the way the beginning of the season started. I've gotta say I see a lot of progress in Tomlin this year becoming an even better coach.

Big game today Steeler Nation!!! Gotta beat them ratbirds today at home. Looks like Woodley will be out along with Emmanuel Sanders (condolences for losing his mother, RIP) & Farrior. Sepulveda is out for the season again with another knee injury. Hines & Debo are listed as probable. I'll be suprised if he doesn't play since he practiced Friday. We need him especially since Woodley won't be playing...

This team is limping towards the bye. As long as they take 1 of 2 these next ones they should be fine

SUCH A TOUGH LOSS LAST NIGHT...

AS A REF I DONT CRITICIZE OTHER OFFICIALS BUT THEN NEED TO FIX THAT HELMET TO HELMET CONTACT RULE...

Gotta get win vs Cincy next week. Ryan Clark goofed on that last TD pass.
30t6p3b.gif
Didnt help that our CBs were trash this week. All Baltimore has are TEs. You'd think vs NE and their TEs they'd be better this week, right?

Our CBs are way too damn aggressive it seems. Constantly grabbing others WRs all over the field. They've got the speed to keep up, there's no need the constant contact. (Im looking at you William Gay)

I turned the game off after that terrible 3rd down incompletion on their last drive.

Very questionable play call, especially since I think Moore's momentum would've carried him out-of-bounds anyway.

Take the safe play, make the Ravens burn their last time-out, win the game.

I'm so pissed, I can't even watch highlights or tonight's Monday night game. Lebeau did such a great job with the Pats game & the second half of this game was so much different.  Please, please, please cut McFadden & Gay off this squad & draft some corners. I also think we might need to buck the trend & get a decent free agent corner.

Our D played so well on the Raven's prior possesion that forced a quick 3 & out. What the hell happened. We couldn't have asked for a better set up; offense to score & have our D win it by preventing a score. Our DBs are holding waaay too much...

The Steeler offense played lights out especially the O-line. Max Starks has been a huge factor. They prevented razor bumps (suggs) & Ngata from making huge plays. Our WRs & TEs had a helluva game too.

Anyone else question why we choose to punt instead of the FG attempt? I think Suisman (spelled right?) had a good shot at a 53 yard or so FG....

I've long said our team will go as far as our O-line & Secondary will take us... This one will take me a while to get over...

Good win today. Only got to watch the last couple of minutes of the game. I'm helping to coach my son's soccer team & we had 2 playoff games today. We lost the championship game. Steelers got through a tough part of the schedule with a good record but that loss to the ratbirds at home still certa hurts. We got a nice late season bye so maybe the team will rest up & make a run for the rest of the season.

O-line has been playing fairly well, we just need our secondary to stop up & Lebeau to put some great defensive game plans & halftime adjustments...

Wanted to post this Terrible Towel ESPN commercial but I've been busy helping to coach my son's soccer team get through a bunch of make up games from rain we had a little while back. Also the whole psu scandal had me (still has me) really bummed out about sports.

DECENT WIN LAST NIGHT....SECONDARY ALMOST LET IT SLIP AWAY AGAIN BUT THAT PICK @ THE END SEALED IT...

TROY OUT AGAIN HOPEFULLY HE'S READY FOR NEXT WEEK

KC did some things that caught most off-gaurd last night. Who knew they were gonna come as quick as they did with the no-huddle? If they had a better QB I think we would've surely lost.

Sorry haven't posted in a while. I was busy getting ready to host Thanksgiving dinner. Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. All in all, that wasn't too bad last night considering we didn't have Pouncey & Woodley. Then not having Polamalu for most of the game. It wasn't pretty, but it's a W. I'm thankful for the win. 

On a critical note, I'm really starting to hate our DBs, Taylor included. Taylor would be a solid #2 DB. I hope we concentrate our draft next year on O-line & DBs. We've been a day late & a dollar short all season. 

Was a little sad to see the KC fans boo thier squad last night....Thought they had some decent fans...Next up, the Bengals....

Career Stats

Receptions        Yards
 985                  11,991

Ben, get it done!!!

I get mad hyped everytime i see that towel commercial
laugh.gif

I have to admit though after the poor performance vs KC im a bit worried about Cincy. It was a close game last time and if we're going to be without Pouncey, Woodley and Troy we might have bigger problems then we think. And if we drop 1 game in the division we will be fighting for an in the hunt spot. We need to win every division game from here on out and hope the Ravens slip up and lose one vs the Bengals or Browns.

And agreed, let's get Hines his milstones!! 

Win next week almost guarantees wild card, it'd be nice to just get that taken care of

Our secondary has a big job next week. Green & Gresham are snatching everything out of the sky Dalton throws their way. I'm was too bothered by the KC game. Romeo Crennel has that defense playing lights out...I thought thought the o-line did ok considering we didn't have Pouncey. Derrick Johnson & Tamba Hali are having a heck of a season.

Did anyone see the pregame warm ups Hali was doing? I read about 1-2 years ago that KC hired a judo instructor to help their o-line & d-line with various techniques. Looks like Hali really learned something.

Steeler notes from yesterday courtesy of Ed Bouchette of the Pitts Post Gazette. Link here.

It looks as though LaMarr Woodley will return in time to help save a sagging pass rush that has produced just 24 sacks, on pace for 35, which would tie for the fewest this team has had in 20 years.

Nothing against Jason Worilds, who has had the only Steelers sack in the past two games, but Woodley's nine sacks are tied for second in the AFC even though he's missed the past three games. Him and James Harrison missing a combined 7 games likely did not help that low sack total. They are the teams best two pass-rushers.

"Sometimes it's better to get pressure,'' Harrison told me today. "The one sack I missed in Kansas City, he ended up throwing a pick. If i get that sack, we don't get the pick."

Harrison, by the way, says his back is fine. He told me he had mid-back spasms that tightened up on him Friday.
"I couldn't do anything Friday,'' Harrison said. "But I got it to where I could go on Sunday.''

Some stuff:
-- Maurkice Pouncey and Troy Polamalu were nowhere to be found today, at practice or in the locker room. Both should play on Sunday. Spotted Dr. Joe Maroon at the facility today. He's the team neurosurgeon who likely was double-checking Polamalu.

-- Ben Roethlisberger said his broken right thumb is "good. No major setbacks, so moving forward.''

-- Jerricho Cotchery said he cannot explain why he played more in Cincinnati than in other games (he caught one TD pass and scored another that was called back by a penalty). He added he does not know if he will play more this week against the Bengals.

-- Hines Ward said he played 9 snaps in Cincinnati and 16 in Kansas City. I asked him why he thought he returned to play more against KC after his much-publicized benching in Cincinnati.
"I have no idea; maybe you guys writing reports about it." He said he's not complaining, though. "Coaches coach, players play,'' Ward said. "Whatever's asked of me to do, I go out and do the best job I possibly can." Ward needs 15 catches to hit 1,000."I'm crossing my fingers,'' Ward said. "15 in 5 games? I would never have thought getting 15 catches would be hard but you know what? I just want to win games more than anything. I know that's a big goal. I won't stop until I reach that goal."

-- The Steelers and Bengals have met three previous times in December when both had winning records since 1980: In 1981, in 1990 and in 2005. Don't know if it means anything, but the Bengals won all three.

Back
Top Bottom