:::[Official Playoffs] San Francisco 49ers vs. New Orleans Saints @ Candlestick 01/14:::

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Is it me or is this week going super slow?
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
VERY. 

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Is it me or is this week going super slow?
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Last night at work was the slowest in my mind. And it'll prolly be the same until gametime looms.

The Stick is gonna have a raucous crowd. 1st playoff game in a decade. It's gonna be insane.

Everybody already knows that the Niners D gotta be on point against Brees. 3rd down stops and turnovers.
Keep Sproles in check. He's dangerous. Atlanta basically shut him down in week 10, nearly won, but came up short by 3 points at the end.

Saints D isn't too great, but they did have like 33 sacks coming from 15 different players so the pressure could come from anywhere.
Running the ball and efficiency is key.

Harbaugh and his crew gonna have his men ready. Already been prepping for the Saints since the reg. season ended.
Let's hope history continues and Saints don't win a road playoff game.

Go Niners.

Originally Posted by What up

Some of you are making too much of this "Saints are a different team on the road" thing.

They have too many weapons. Colston will abuse Rodgers/Brown.

We have no one to keep up with Sproles and Thomas/Ivory are good enough to make the 49ers' defense respect the run.

The weather is supposed to be in the mid 60's. I hope the grounds crew hasn't cut the grass since October.

The 49ers are in trouble. But I've been wrong before - I thought they'd lose to the Giants.
They are though.  5 games outdoors this season and they are 3-2 in those games with Brees only having 9 TDs and 6 INTs.  
Again, not saying the 49ers are going to walk away with a W easily but I think a number of things play into their favor.  

Some of you are making too much of this "Saints are a different team on the road" thing.

We have no one to keep up with Sproles and Thomas/Ivory are good enough to make the 49ers' defense respect the run.

The weather is supposed to be in the mid 60's. I hope the grounds crew hasn't cut the grass since October.

The 49ers are in trouble. But I've been wrong before - I thought they'd lose to the Giants.
You're acting like we don't have Patrick Willis...

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

You're acting like we don't have Patrick Willis...
Or Bowman. I think Willis is going to be shadowing Graham kinda like the game where he covered Pettigrew. 

I just don't see the Saints letting up on the road again like they did against Seattle last year. Brees is playing unbelievable right now and frankly I don't think it matters where he's playing he's gonna light up any defense. X-factor in this game is gonna be Sproles, if he can open up the 9ers defense with the draw they're going to be in big trouble.
Saints - 34

49ers - 22

Interesting post...
Now before I begin, I know this was a different era of football (comparisons being hard to judge), but the situations/styles (and how the game was changing) remain very similar to the revelation I'm about to explain.

The 1990 New York Giants were team built around a ferocious defense (put to full potential by a sophisticated DC named Bill Belichick), featuring the best Front-7/innovative 3-4 defense in the NFL, with Lawrence Taylor (OLB), Pepper Johnson (ILB), and Erik Howard (played BOTH DE, and DT) running the show.

-This New York Giants squad (at that time) also played with a ground-and-pound (clock-munching) offensive mentality, led to the Superbowl by a level 2 game manager named Phil Simms (this not a bash). -Their offensive weapons included a 4th ranked RB (that never got enough respect) named Ottis Anderson, with a lethal/under-used speedy Rodney Hampton sitting behind him; role-playing WRs (no substantial stand-outs), and lest we not forget a leading TE who played with a broken Jaw.... bruising people left and right...

Parcells wasn't a flashy guy (in fact he detested all beliefs & notions), and it's been documented that all he cared about was 'clock-control', and field positioning (whether it won games, or took him straight into the gutter) -Run the ball, grind the clock, score, defense, defense, special teams.

-Meanwhile, across the USA; the 1990 49ers were ripping teams heads off left and right offensively, their high-powered WCO-system just couldn't be stopped. We were averaging almost 30+ points a game that season, with an aging D (losing its step) nobody paid much attention to because Montana was out-scoring people. (Ring any bells?) -The Giants on the other hand, were a team nobody expected to make the playoffs until they went 10-1 in the season (and were never favored to beat the the 49ers, yet alone Bills, based on their high-powered passing offenses/multiple weapons and creative offensive schemes). -The NFC East sports elite were literally sucking off the ********, led by a game-manager QB named Mark Rypien.

Now here's where it gets really interesting; the 1990 New York Giants:

-Finished 13-3; winning the 2nd NFC seed.
-Finished #1 in points allowed (211).
-Finished #2 in the Takeaway/Giveaway differential (+20).
-Finished #15 in Points scored (335).
-Their QB scored 15 TDs, with only 4 ints, and a 59.2% completion record (Phil Simms) before being placed on IR 3 weeks before the post-season.

2011 San Francisco 49ers:

-Finished #2 in points allowed (229).
-Finished #1 in the Takeaway/Giveaway differential (+28).
-Finished #11 in Points scored (380).
-Their QB scored 17 TDs, with only 5 ints, and a 61.3% completion record (Alex Smith).

Yup, interesting, isn't it?

This 1990 Giants team went to San Fran, mauled the crap out of our finesse offense, injured our HOF QB, and beat the high-powered Bills to a pulp; managing the clock, and forcing Buffalo to desperately place their SB hopes on an inconsistent kicker within the last weening seconds of the game.

I'm not saying we're the 1990 New York Giants, or that the Saints/Packers are the 1990 49ers... but you get my drift. -Trends are meant to be broken.

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

I just don't see the Saints letting up on the road again like they did against Seattle last year. Brees is playing unbelievable right now and frankly I don't think it matters where he's playing he's gonna light up any defense. X-factor in this game is gonna be Sproles, if he can open up the 9ers defense with the draw they're going to be in big trouble.
Saints - 34

49ers - 22

Sproles is going to get injured.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

damn alot of you guys are real confident....
im #!$%*$ nervous...

what it all comes down to is alex smith vs drew brees and yeah.... 
ohwell.gif
niners D vs brees

im crossing my fingers that there is rain/hail/snow/thunderstorms coming down on saturday. anything to slowdown the saints passing

I think for the 49ers to win, they need to eat up all the clock, Saint's D isn't that good, so if they keep the ball away from brees, they should do fine. The 49ers can stop their running game, only RB that the 49ers had a hard time with was Chris Johnson during one of his monster years.

Score
49ers - 24
Saints - 20

Forgot all the FGs the 49ers will kick, I'll say like 29-24

key to this game will be 49ers redzone scoring.. They're going to have to punch it in the endzone probably by throwing and I can't see Alex Smith going 4/4 in redzone with TDs...That being said I'd love to see SF win the game although it'd go against my SB prediction.. The NFL has become such a pass happy high scoring league that it would be refreshing to see a smash mouth team make it to the NFC Champ.

Prediction.

31-16 N.O.

I think the Niners have a pretty good shot at winning this game. Like it's previously been stated, People are underrating the 49ers and overrating the Saints. Should be a good game.

Interesting post...
Now before I begin, I know this was a different era of football (comparisons being hard to judge), but the situations/styles (and how the game was changing) remain very similar to the revelation I'm about to explain.

The 1990 New York Giants were team built around a ferocious defense (put to full potential by a sophisticated DC named Bill Belichick), featuring the best Front-7/innovative 3-4 defense in the NFL, with Lawrence Taylor (OLB), Pepper Johnson (ILB), and Erik Howard (played BOTH DE, and DT) running the show.

-This New York Giants squad (at that time) also played with a ground-and-pound (clock-munching) offensive mentality, led to the Superbowl by a level 2 game manager named Phil Simms (this not a bash). -Their offensive weapons included a 4th ranked RB (that never got enough respect) named Ottis Anderson, with a lethal/under-used speedy Rodney Hampton sitting behind him; role-playing WRs (no substantial stand-outs), and lest we not forget a leading TE who played with a broken Jaw.... bruising people left and right...

Parcells wasn't a flashy guy (in fact he detested all beliefs & notions), and it's been documented that all he cared about was 'clock-control', and field positioning (whether it won games, or took him straight into the gutter) -Run the ball, grind the clock, score, defense, defense, special teams.

-Meanwhile, across the USA; the 1990 49ers were ripping teams heads off left and right offensively, their high-powered WCO-system just couldn't be stopped. We were averaging almost 30+ points a game that season, with an aging D (losing its step) nobody paid much attention to because Montana was out-scoring people. (Ring any bells?) -The Giants on the other hand, were a team nobody expected to make the playoffs until they went 10-1 in the season (and were never favored to beat the the 49ers, yet alone Bills, based on their high-powered passing offenses/multiple weapons and creative offensive schemes). -The NFC East sports elite were literally sucking off the ********, led by a game-manager QB named Mark Rypien.

-Their QB scored 15 TDs, with only 4 ints, and a 59.2% completion record (Phil Simms) before being placed on IR 3 weeks before the post-season.

-Their QB scored 17 TDs, with only 5 ints, and a 61.3% completion record (Alex Smith).

This 1990 Giants team went to San Fran, mauled the crap out of our finesse offense, injured our HOF QB, and beat the high-powered Bills to a pulp; managing the clock, and forcing Buffalo to desperately place their SB hopes on an inconsistent kicker within the last weening seconds of the game.

I'm not saying we're the 1990 New York Giants, or that the Saints/Packers are the 1990 49ers... but you get my drift. -Trends are meant to be broken.

this is the reason i have always hated the giants. bad memories

87% of the people betting saints -3.5

Usually that's a bad sign.

Like niners in this spot

Niners: 24
Saints: 17

Go niners!!!!!!

That post NT23 put up is crazy. But after a minute of thinking it doesn't shock me, this team was put together by Trent Baalke, a Bill Parcells disciple.

I can't wait man!!!!!!!!!!!!

When an irresistible force meets an unmovable object, sparks are bound to fly. But listening to defensive captain Patrick Willis, it doesn’t sound like the 49ers are in any mood to budge.

“Cruelty,

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Interesting post...

this is the reason i have always hated the giants. bad memories

F LT. 
laugh.gif

Interesting read though. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by obie21

87% of the people betting saints -3.5

Usually that's a bad sign.

Like niners in this spot

Niners: 24
Saints: 17

Go niners!!!!!!

Where did you get that 87%?

That's way too high.

Covers has it at 59.95%

BSPN's lineup: Tebow, Lebron, Packers, Rodgers, Giants, New Orleans' potent offense, Drew Brees. 
Nothing about us, unless it's talking about the Saints beating us. I like it. 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom