***Official Political Discussion Thread***

zweb1rfh2eg61.jpg

Bruh...

This black dude just called in the Washington Journal on C-Span. He described himself as a Republican who doesn't support Trump but has a problem with impeachment process because of due process. Two former senate majority leaders are on the show, and one of them said "he sounds like a lawyer"

Either Black conservatives share a script, or I just heard Delk.

Found the link (28:15 min mark)

A MAJORITY OF AMERICANS WANT TRUMP CONVICTED BUT REPUBLICANS CAN’T UNLATCH THEIR LIPS FROM HIS ***

On Tuesday, Donald Trump’s second impeachment trial kicks off in the Senate. Unlike his first impeachable offense, which took place largely behind the scenes, this time everything the ex-president did was right out in the open, from spending months insisting the election was stolen from him to whipping his supporters into a violent frenzy and siccing them on the Capitol. As the nine House impeachment managers wrote on Monday—in response to an attempt by Trump’s lawyers to get the the whole thing dismissed—“The evidence of President Trump’s conduct is overwhelming. He has no valid excuse or defense for his actions. And his efforts to escape accountability are entirely unavailing. As charged in the Article of Impeachment, President Trump violated his Oath of Office and betrayed the American people.”

I think the CBO report strengthens the argument for $15 minimum wage

The analysis wasn't surprising.

The best part is that they scored it, that could make it eligible for reconciliation

i was kinda feeling that way as well. what im seeing conservatives do is conflate the job loss with poverty gain as a "net negative" when they arent really the same thing. in fact poverty decreasing despite the loss of jobs kinda proves that point.

Back
Top Bottom