***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Just wanted to get your advice here. What can any of us do at this point to help ensure HR1 can pass? Call Manchin and Sinema at their offices constantly? People turned out in overwhelming numbers to give us a slim advantage here and they're not letting us pass extremely urgent legislation. It's beyond frustrating. I would like to think I can do something of use besides ***** and whine.
Yeah man, that the best a normal citizen can do now. Just try to pressure them

Beyond that, the Dems three best pick-ups in the Senate next year all might have more progressive liberals running. So support the Dems that want to do right by people and hope for the miracle

I wish I could say more but Manchin and Sinema really ******* people over right now. I am livid at those two clowns.

People are going to laugh at the sheer absurdity of this quote, but it's no laughing matter.

Racist scapegoating in this country seldom fails to incite violence.

Cue stock footage of the Iowa State Fair and acne-pocked Proud Boys guzzling milk as proof of their purported "genetic superiority."

we already know.gif

The frailty of the arguments made by many of you this topic can't be totally papered over by gifs and memes.

but don't let me stop you. :lol:

Yeah man, that the best a normal citizen can do now. Just try to pressure them

Beyond that, the Dems three best pick-ups in the Senate next year all might have more progressive liberals running. So support the Dems that want to do right by people and hope for the miracle

I wish I could say more but Manchin and Sinema really ****ing people over right now. I am livid at those two clowns.

Do you think we will get HR1 passed some way? Because Manchin is apparently on record saying he'd support it...but no way, no how on axing the filibuster. Nonsensical.

I don't even see how Democrats get elected enough to control the house, senate, or white house going forward if we don't stop the absolute rat****ery Republicans are already putting in motion.

Do you think we will get HR1 passed some way? Because Manchin is apparently on record saying he'd support it...but no way, no how on axing the filibuster. Nonsensical.

I don't even see how Democrats get elected enough to control the house, senate, or white house going forward if we don't stop the absolute rat****ery Republicans are already putting in motion.
Something massive has to happen

Like the Supreme Court striking down the ACA in its entirety, and the GOP refusing any bipartisanship

I really think it has to be life or death for these fools to move. Especially Manchin

Imagine being a grown-*** black man and not being able to handle some random white people at your job posting some random progressive memes on an instant messaging app

To the point, you vent to a bunch of black people online that had nothing to do with your job

Yet have the audacity to call other people fragile because they make a joke at your expense

What the hell Trudeau putting in da poutine gravy up there, b :smh: :lol:

Imagine being a grown-*** black man and not being able to handle some random white people at your job posting some random progressive memes on an instant messaging app

To the point your vent to a bunch of black people online that had nothing to do with your job

Yet have the audacity to call other people fragile

sure in this shared fanfiction you and meth have co-authored about me i guess this is true. :lol:

lol "i had no counter. "

you don't even believe that. :lol:
I believe that your counter is so brilliant all I can do is imagine it.

I also believe that this is your favorite movie:

iu

sure in this shared fanfiction you and meth have co-authored about i guess this is true. :lol:
From the author of "I'm right because small-n public opinion polling is on my side."

chef kiss.gif

You're this thread's version of Hijo Del Promo Hijo Del Promo .

Don't lose that confidence.

sure in this shared fanfiction you and meth have co-authored about me i guess this is true. :lol:
This you?...

My principle frustration with left wing politics, in Canada, in American everywhere.

is the prioritization of symbolism over substance.

so something like "Defund the police"
a phrase that confuses or worse alienates people who might support it's underlying goals is perfectly calibrated to annoy the **** out of me. :lol:

and then to triple the annoyance I work with a lot of super progressive white people,

they flood the slack with defund the police memes that doesn't even make sense.

But I can't say anything so ill take my frustrations out on NT. :lol:

If I am mistaken, my bad, my apologies.

**Shawty Lo Voice** There must be two Oshes

I believe that your counter is so brilliant all I can do is imagine it.

From the author of "I'm right because small-n public opinion polling is on my side."

chef kiss.gif

You're this thread's version of Hijo Del Promo Hijo Del Promo .

Don't lose that confidence.

the sad thing is it doesn't require brilliance. I don't claim brilliance. that's why this argument is dumb, it's filled with people pretending to belive things that very obviously don't make sense. :lol:

the gifs and the memes and the made up rationalizations are all to avoid contending with central claim.

now i could sit here and repeat it, but that would be pointless,
i've said it a thousand times. another evidence light, gif heavy Meth diatribe isn't really something im interested in reading.

im trying to spare everyone.

Just wanted to get your advice here. What can any of us do at this point to help ensure HR1 can pass? Call Manchin and Sinema at their offices constantly? People turned out in overwhelming numbers to give us a slim advantage here and they're not letting us pass extremely urgent legislation. It's beyond frustrating. I would like to think I can do something of use besides ***** and whine.

this is what I’m trying to figure out as well , sooner or later people are gonna peep game & stay home.

this and the George Floyd Bill are extremely important .

the gifs and the memes and the made up rationalizations are all to avoid contending with central claim.
The central claim of “more money = better performance” that you yourself unwittingly contradicted with your argument that defunding prisons is a good policy idea?

Right...

Your “central claim” is SO self-evidently good that you don’t even need to defend it. That’s how ironclad it is.

It’s so good, you can safely retire from this discussion forever, having achieved insurmountable logical perfection.

im trying to spare everyone.
Then keep your work grievances on Slack and stop taking it out on us. Spare us your Maple Maher hot take contrarianism.

You’re out here acting like Ninjahood with a JSTOR account.

This you?...

If I am mistaken, my bad, my apologies.

**Shawty Lo Voice** There must be two Oshes
Da proof is in da poutine, b.

I tell one joke and it becomes the origin story to my life.

but like i said don't let me stop you, yes I read slack, and decided I hated defund the police.
go off king. :lol:
When did I say that?

Point out where in my post I said your view on defunding the police was motivated by reading the comments. I have said your ranting in here, your behavior, was because you couldn't address the people you had the issue with at work...

But go ahead. Point it out :nerd:

To the point, you vent to a bunch of black people online that had nothing to do with your job

Yet have the audacity to call other people fragile because they make a joke at your expense

Weren't you the one who complained about me changing your words?

Again, this you right...
You keep doing this thing where you just casually state things I didn't say.

I didn't say: "online progressive can't handle my reality-based take"

i said

"online progressives dislike opinions that run contrary to their own"

maybe you all are right, maybe I'm right. Who can say

But this discontent many may feel about my manner of presentation or the content of the opinion, isn't a data point that refutes my claims.

and if I was acting the exact same way but it was in support of the consensus opinion, undoubtedly people would feel a lot differently about it.

Look how standards change when you want to push back on something :lol: :lol:

BTW, So what is it? So what is your official position, I made it up, or I took a joke seriously?

I lost track

I feel like y’all be talking to yourselves when people I’ve ignored post gets blocked during quoted replies

Back
Top Bottom