***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Housing market is trash. Ooh nice house, I want i... oh it's sold? for 20% over asking? aight fam.
People are paying 100k over asking on the regular. ****'s bananas. My wife and I talk about houses like me and my boys used to talk about shoes hitting the outlets back in the day......."when the market crashes, we're gonna scoop 2 houses for the low."

People are paying 100k over asking on the regular. ****'s bananas. My wife and I talk about houses like me and my boys used to talk about shoes hitting the outlets back in the day......."when the market crashes, we're gonna scoop 2 houses for the low."

market is never crashing though. If it raged through Covid idk what it’s gonna take.

You all sitting on cash cow homes really should consider selling and renting for a year or so, no way this is sustainable at this rate, and renting is dirt right now even in the luxury market

You all sitting on cash cow homes really should consider selling and renting for a year or so, no way this is sustainable at this rate, and renting is dirt right now even in the luxury market
Not in Vegas, rents are jumping like crazy too

Landlord trying to make up losses from the eviction memorandum, migration into Vegas, low housing stock, and home sellers becoming renters have been driving up prices

It's nasty, im tryna buy a house, and canada, even the small towns surrounding major cities are exploding in price.

meanwhile people are protesting parking lots being turned into affordable housing. it's sick.

Two random thoughts...

The Housing Market is the most ridiculous I have ever seen it.

Andrew Yang is really outchea blowing the lead in the 4th. Starting to think Doc River is one of his campaign managers
Yang is going to go to Brooklyn and join the Nets after he loses the election

Toronto lefties are protesting homeless people being kicked out of public parks .

and fighting tooth and nail to "historically preserve" their neighborhoods.

make it make sense :sick:

Kathryn Garcia seems like the most competent.

but Andrew Yang or Eric Adams winning would be the most lib owning outcome.

so im torn.

Toronto lefties are protesting homeless people being kicked out of public parks .

Someone would have to put a few M's in your account for you to really understand.

this same thing is happening all over LA and I gotta say I agree with the NIMBY folks. Can't have large sections/entire public parks being taken over by homeless folks camping out. The parks are for the community to use and these tents/encampments take up all the space and make it dangerous to have kids play around. If they don't wanna accept services or shelters or temp housing, at least stay off public area like parks and beaches. Like a large chunk of the Venice Beach bike path adjacent to the parking lots are homeless camps and they're blocking pedestrians.

this same thing is happening all over LA and I gotta say I agree with the NIMBY folks. Can't have large sections/entire public parks being taken over by homeless folks camping out. The parks are for the community to use and these tents/encampments take up all the space and make it dangerous to have kids play around. If they don't wanna accept services or shelters or temp housing, at least stay off public area like parks and beaches. Like a large chunk of the Venice Beach bike path adjacent to the parking lots are homeless camps and they're blocking pedestrians.

nah maybe i was unclear.

they DON'T want the homeless people kicked out.

I mostly agree with you,
non enforcement of laws against encampments don't actually help homeless people.

nah maybe i was unclear.

they DON'T want the homeless people kicked out.

I mostly agree with you,
non enforcement of laws against encampments don't actually help homeless people.

ahh gotcha. we have those folks too, the mostly YTs coming from some other neighborhood holding up the signs and etc.

If someone wants to truly help the homeless, they should allow the building of multi-family units in their neighborhood.

Including homeless shelters.

If the sad as hell that in a place like LA housing supply was intentionally constrained, not enough has been done to fix the issue. It was great that residents voted to build more shelters, but everyone complains if they hear the shelter will be placed next to them

Some of the arguments I hear are ******* disgusting.

If someone wants to truly help the homeless, they should allow the building of multi-family units in their neighborhood.

Including homeless shelters.

If the sad as hell that in a place like LA housing supply was intentionally constrained, not enough has been done to fix the issue. It was great that residents voted to build more shelters, but everyone complains if they hear the shelter will be placed next to them

Some of the arguments I hear are ****ing disgusting.

don't want homeless folks camping out in public areas, fair. don't want shelters placed within one mile of them...come on now. they gotta go somewhere and space is limited. they'll have a roof and security around. unless you wanna bus them out to Fontana like a damn concentration camp.

I'm truly baffled by why anyone thinks erecting shanty towns in the middle of public parks is a solution to anything.

and progressive wonder why the city has conservative mayors, you gotta come up with a solution better than non enforcement.

but that would force millionaire lefties to give up there boutique neighborhoods,

where the only people who can afford to live there are mega wealthy and the homeless. it makes me so mad. :smh:

Left-wing NIMBYs piss me off, but right-wing white suburban NIMBYISM are still the most ruthless ************* in the game

Let a city say they are building a middle-income apartment complex near their homes, and adding additional bus routes, every HOA meeting gonna start sounding like a Klan rally. Talking about they have to keep the blacks and Hispanics out.

But at the city council meeting, they are gonna hide their concerns with talk of additional traffic and school not being able to handle the extra students

Last edited:
The housing market is not crashing, the ridiculous amount of price increases will slow down, but it is not crashing
You know what I mean. Return to some semblance of normalcy. Paying 100k for a house a week after it’s on the market isn’t normal.

Housing issues in urban areas are the consequence of a lot of things. One of them being the bat**** crazy housing policy in the suburbs.

I mean, come the **** on...

When I moved to the states, I moved to Silver Spring MD. No one I went to high school with that I keep in touch with has been able to buy a home in Silver Spring. It is nasty out there.

Last edited:
One thing progressive NIMBYs (well progressive critiques of YIMBYISM) have right is that people are deluding themselves if they think letting developers go wild will yield optimal results.

I mean supply is the biggest issue but developers are profit maximizers, yeah don't care about reaching market efficiency. You have to regulate them properly too.

Back
Top Bottom