***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Let us see how this plays out. Because there are so many moving parts here I doubt this happens smoothly.

-Mitch was hoping the Bipartisan deal kills the reconciliation deal, that is why he was appearing open to it. He might make the GOP kill it if he sees the reconciliation bill happening

-Progressive says they will only pass the bipartisan deal with a robust reconciliation deal

-Manchin's *******

Worse of all, clowns like Manchin, Sinema, and even ******* Finestein now will use a bipartisan deal to no pass filibuster reform

This might be the last major good thing that happens in America for a while, and a small before a lot of major bad **** happens.

Do you think President Biden’s role in the 94 Crime Bill will color how this is viewed at all?
C485D1A7-FDDC-43C5-AEBE-90E9E72D7783.gif

So what Biden is doing is allowing cities and states to use the Covid aid to hire more cops, whereas before were restrictions over what they can use the money for, a few things to remember:

-Biden has been in favor of funding more police officers from the jump. He wants more cops, and misconduct regulations
-He is not suggesting cops are the only answer, they are investing in community-based crime prevention programs
-They are going after gun trafficking. Funding the ATF and DOJ's efforts here should be supported by every progressive. Conservative love to keep the illegal gun trade pumping and that allowed cheap handguns to follow into cities.
-DOJ under Garland is back doing consent decrees on police forces.

Like I stated yesterday, I don't have an issue with more police officers, but I want there to come with more way regulations to go after misconduct, and how they police. If The George Floyd Bill had passed. then I would feel more comfortable with this. If more cities were going after police unions, I would feel more comfortable about this. Even though it is good the plan is not strictly about pumping up budgets, it is still not enough IMO to guard against potential misconduct. So I am disappointed more than upset.

But good grief, this is not like Trump's approach.
You’re right I made my opinion based on the tweet…..

I wonder how they are planning to pay for it. Last time I heard they were going to use left over cares act money and subject electric vehicles to the gas tax to make up for it.

Oh god Biden is saying he expects the bill to go through because they gave him their word. And in the 1970s that Biden apparently still lives in your word was all that matters. We're ******* doomed y'all.

He really seems like that rare kind of candidate that actually enjoys campaigning
Yeah he seems to enjoy it. I mean he seems like a nice guy, just a ****** politician

He should have tried to occupy the competent liberal nice guy lane instead of chasing the most rightward votes

We are probably gonna see more of him now, not less. I can see the contrarian liberal pundit/influencer finesse coming

Yeah he seems to enjoy it. I mean he seems like a nice guy, just a ****ty politician

He should have tried to occupy the competent liberal nice guy lane instead of chasing the most rightward votes

We are probably gonna see more of him now, not less. I can see the contrarian liberal pundit/influencer finesse coming
It’s funny I think he would have had more of a chance if he ran as a Republican or an independent and had a lane to attack Adam on his record and mini scandals without having to worry about ranked voting. 2 of the last 3 NYC Mayors were not Democrats for a reason, he would have had a punchers chance.

I wonder how they are planning to pay for it. Last time I heard they were going to use left over cares act money and subject electric vehicles to the gas tax to make up for it.
It should be by establishing some interplanetary toll booths and customs fees for Bezos and the other passengers aboard the S.S. Overcompensation, but, since it’s bipartisan:

Yes, the President I support.

Do you think his past involvement in he 94 Crime Bill will color how this is viewed?
Biden’s positions on policing and law enforcement influenced my decision in last year’s Democratic primary election, in which I (along with presumably everyone else you continue to antagonize with your insipid, low-effort trolling) voted for a far more progressive candidate. You, meanwhile, backed an overt White Supremacist running on a “law and order” campaign up until the very moment he lost, then shamelessly switched your “support” to Joe Biden.

How did that “color” your decision?

Back
Top Bottom