***Official Political Discussion Thread***

So, what you mean is, we might end up with empty shelves around Christmas? That's not what Capitalism promised us.

If we call incorrect information about vaccines or the 2020 election, “misinformation” aka. opinions deemed so bad as to warrant censorship, we had better add demonstrably incorrect economic opinions and analysis to the category of misinformation as well.

In a better world, everyone who pushed the “expanded UI = low labor force participation = inflation” would be shunned and deplatformed. Moreover, anyone who runs stories about employers not being able to hire people, without a mention of wages and/or working conditions, should also be treated the way we treat Alex Jones.

I’m not surprised one bit at those numbers and at places still struggling to find employees. It blows my mind how out of touch some of these places are that are still trying to push that “No one wants to work” narrative. As if the amount of people applying or not applying to their little restaurant or retail store is indicative of the job market as a whole.

Even more comical that they’re still blaming unemployment when half the country ended enhanced unemployment over 3 months ago and the other half ended it over a month ago. Anyone on unemployment at this point lost their job within the past 6 months and had to have worked long enough and earned enough to even qualify in the first place. And they’re getting like half their average weekly salary at most so I doubt anyone is trying to live off that.

For the complaining these places do about no one wanting to work for them. It’s crazy they’ve never so much as even considered that gig work in some capacity and people finding legal side hustles and other ways to make money poached alot of their workers. Gig work isn’t always ideal. But you can easily make 40-50k a year off that on your time and terms while taking classes or getting some type of certifications without an employer nagging over availability. If your option is either that or work some pos job with an unpredictable schedule and where they intentionally max out your hours at a certain amount to where you can’t be full time and get the perks which come with being full time. I can see why no one is working those jobs.

People ultimately have bills and expenses they need to pay. They just found new legal ways to make money to where some of those jobs are obsolete to them now. If they didn’t, they would be reluctantly crawling back to unideal jobs out of desperation, and that hasn’t been the case.

In a better world, everyone who pushed the “expanded UI = low labor force participation = inflation” would be shunned and deplatformed. Moreover, anyone who runs stories about employers not being able to hire people, without a mention of wages and/or working conditions, should also be treated the way we treat Alex Jones.

I“m getting pretty tired of enduring claims that the recent jump in CPI is related to money supply when we’re in the middle of a historical disruption to the global supply chain. I thought these geniuses wanted everything explained in supply terms.

y7d5249fkxs71.jpg

Back
Top Bottom