***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Judging by your screen name, social media probably wasn’t as prevalent when you were in HS.

And these antics likely occurred frequently, just in private. Numerous stories of blackface Halloween parties in HS and college from years ago. Folks have been outrageous :smh:
Is that why you support them and pedos?

Is it me or when I was in high school the racist kids weren’t this brazen? They knew they’d get touched up if they said anything this out of pocket.

Cause there wasn't as much social media. Or depending on your age, none at all. Everything had to be verbal.

I remember an opposing soccer player from another town/high school called my next door neighbor/good friend the hard R during a game. We kept quiet, waited a day and rolled up to his house in the evening and ran his fade in his front yard while his parents watched. It was glorious.

1636734892936.png

Eric Adams doin politics.

That's cool, he is doing politics, but he better has a plan to keep the NYPD on the leash when it comes to civil rights

The NYPD has no respect for the minority neighborhoods its policies. Like zero

So if they do suppress crime, expect stories of them violating people rights left and right

Especially if he is bringing back plainclothes officers

And he better not back down from holding them accountable, because they are gonna violate people's rights in the process

Like always, seems people are talking about more policing and accountability, but only one is gonna be delivered

Wanna see what he does after NYPD murder an innocent person too

Last edited:
That's cool, he is doing politics, but he better has a plan to keep the NYPD on the leash when it comes to civil rights

So if they do suppress crime, expect stories of them violating people rights left and right

And he better not back down from holding them accountable, because they are gonna violate people's rights in the process

Like always, seems people are talking about more policing and accountability, but only one is gonna be delivered

Hell, they have no respect for minority leadership.

Cause there wasn't as much social media. Or depending on your age, none at all. Everything had to be verbal.

I remember an opposing soccer player from another town/high school called my next door neighbor/good friend the hard R during a game. We kept quiet, waited a day and rolled up to his house in the evening and ran his fade in his front yard while his parents watched. It was glorious.
I liked the time where talking noise could mean your daddy might get it too. Kept things honest

Y’all see what’s goin on right….THIS is the guy the judge let testify in the Rittenhouse case..

Then he goes on Tucker….

**** is wicked. But the damage is done. America was always Fascist (especially in the south). Hell, hitler drew inspiration from how racist this country is.

But it’s entering moder European levels of fascism today.

We'll have to wait and see if he's able reform police conduct at all, or if it's all just law and order.

given how central black voters were to his coalition,
you would hope he's sensitive to the needle he's gotta thread policy wise.

but this rhetoric I think is good politics.
Val Demmings should take note imo, her goal should be to get this type of headline in florida imo.

We'll have to wait and see if he's able reform police conduct at all, or if it's all just law and order.

given how central black voters were to his coalition,
you would hope he's sensitive to the needle he's gotta thread policy wise.

but this rhetoric I think is good politics.
Val Demmings should take note imo, her goal should be to get this type of headline in florida imo.

A lot of the same “Black voters” supported the crime bill in ‘94, too.

A lot of this, is the same ****, AGAIN. And people will look back on it the same way in 2 decades.

Turning major cities into playgrounds for the rich, is violent process and Eric Adams embodies that. Because the sort of rich people, who want to live in major cities, usually perceive themselves as progressive, they prefer that that violence be directed by a member of a marginalized community. But make no mistake, the process of turning major American cities, once a place of relative refuge for working class POC, into a site of bourgeois recreation and social reproduction, will result in police systemically harassing, surveilling, and killing marginalized people.

A lot of the same “Black voters” supported the crime bill in ‘94, too.

A lot of this, is the same ****, AGAIN. And people will look back on it the same way in 2 decades.

most people, black and white want effective and accountable police.
the problem is that most people are willing to trade accountable for effective.

the trick is convincing the public that accountability leads to effectiveness.

so it's good for democrats to rhetorically position themselves as pro effective policing, anti rioting.
not doing so makes any reform way harder.

most people, black and white want effective and accountable police.
the problem is that most people are willing to trade accountable for effective.

the trick is convincing the public that accountability leads to effectiveness.

so it's good for democrats to rhetorically position themselves as pro effective policing, anti rioting.
not doing so makes any reform way harder.

I think the best message is that policing should be reimagined.

Ask questions to voters like, “do traffic officers need to be armed?”

That’s a message that’s easier to digest than accountability/effectiveness for a group that sticks together and acts as if they do no wrong. Split second decisions, yada yada yada

A combination of increasing police pay while reducing responsibility would do wonders.

Back
Top Bottom