***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I see what type of time you're on today :lol:

Fact time, it seems.

Just so that things aren’t taken out of context, I outlined several reasons why the gun debate is difficult. The very first thing I wrote is that most reasonable people are against senseless loss of life.

The debate about guns, in my opinion, should be expanded to more of a discussion of mental health, poverty, and education.

But get them out of context likes. Don’t let me hold you.

So why even make the comparison?

I thought it was clear, but I’ll try to make it more clear.

People want reasonable gun control measures because of the senseless loss of life due to gun deaths.

The gun control debate is difficult because there is not a similar demand for the same level of control related to other senseless losses of life.

There isn’t a call to ban festivals, despite Astroworld. There isn’t a call to ban cars, despite the situation in Wisconsin.

I said that’s why the gun discussion is difficult. And it should be expanded to a discussion moreso about mental health, poverty, and education.

I realize everyone isn’t calling for bans of guns. I personally support reasonable gun control measures like background checks. But none of that will prevent a lot of these mass shootings.

I thought it was clear, but I’ll try to make it more clear.

People want reasonable gun control measures because of the senseless loss of life due to gun deaths.

The gun control debate is difficult because there is not a similar demand for the same level of control related to other senseless losses of life.

There isn’t a call to ban festivals, despite Astroworld. There isn’t a call to ban cars, despite the situation in Wisconsin.

I said that’s why the gun discussion is difficult. And it should be expanded to a discussion moreso about mental health, poverty, and education.

I realize everyone isn’t calling for bans of guns. I personally support reasonable gun control measures like background checks. But none of that will prevent a lot of these mass shootings.
How many events similar to Astroworld happen in every year?

How many events like Wakeusha happen in America every year?

How many mass shootings happen in America every year?

What an unbelievably idiotic comparison.

How many events similar to Astroworld happen in every year?

How many events like Wakeusha happen in America every year?

How many mass shootings happen in America every year?

What an unbelievably idiotic comparison.

There are more car deaths than mass shootings in America every year. Far more.

"In 2020, gun violence killed nearly 20,000 Americans, according to data from the Gun Violence Archive, more than any other year in at least two decades. An additional 24,000 people died by suicide with a gun."

Ok so 20,000? Still man, make it make sense.

It doesn’t make sense, it is senseless. But since the majority is suicide, the discussion should be centered more around mental health, poverty, and education.

The guns aren’t the biggest issue related to those deaths. And that gets lost in the discussion.

The debate about guns, in my opinion, should be expanded to more of a discussion of mental health, poverty, and education.

It's true that mental health care in America is massively inadequate

All the more reason we should be working to improve our incredibly lax gun laws

These soft a/&:& white kids need to learn how to fight instead of being entitled and having access to guns

being back in the states for couple days I’m so easily reminded why soo many of these people resort to that shhh.. they soft as hell and dumb as hell too plus feeling entitled

had to check couple people and you can see how hard to is to just accept their wrong.. saying a simple excuse me or I’m sorry/my bad would have saved you the headache of me making you feel small

Back
Top Bottom