***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Obviously this is disingenuous because no one is arguing for blanket prohibition of guns. That’s not what the debate is around.

No one is arguing for a blanket prohibition on abortion either. That’s not what the debate is around.

Look how this country acts when they tell you to take a vaccine.

imagine trying to reach a middle ground with guns.:lol:

Your stance is an exception for rape or incest?

Yes, and for medical conditions which make the pregnancy/birth dangerous.

The issue, for me, is that at a certain point it becomes more like murder absent those exceptions.

The issue, for me, is that at a certain point it becomes more like murder absent those exceptions.

And you trust the far right states to carve out the appropriate exceptions?

Yea, that’s a de facto prohibition on abortions sans emergency or crime. If you’re being genuine about the discussion, that is.

And you trust the far right states to carve out the appropriate exceptions?

I’d prefer Congress to make a law addressing it. Currently the Democratic Party enjoys the majority in the House and the Senate. Hopefully they can get some important legislation surrounding abortion passed. That way, it isn’t left to the states or SCOTUS.

I hire people for a living...... He is telling the absolute truth. If you knew how many employers get vexed at the suggestion $2 above minimum wage isn't good pay for a physical and mentally taxing jobs. Its pathetic

I disagree with you nonrespectfully. Shut the **** up with your ********. As a man how the **** can you justify forcing someone to have a baby. Then forcing child support onto men and creating a child who may be born into a situation of suffering and poverty and violence because the rest of this country is dog eat dog ****** up? All this does is create suffering but it makes Republicans feel righteous.

This is why as much as I think democrats aren't worth ****, I legit can't stand republicans. You're party has these topics you ride or die for and have no idea how to anything that would make the lives of people better. Your like "we love babies" and at the same time attempt to defund CHIP as a hostage piece. "We love babies" but how dare Biden give families $300 to help those children..... "We love babies" but the state they are in is dead broke and provides no prenatal care.... "We love babies" but **** teachers and education..... Its not even that Republicans are liars, its just a jack **** stupid half assed philosophy.

Literally its "We love Babies, but **** them kids..... oh wait lets accuse the democrats of that"

Last edited:
I disagree with you nonrespectfully. Shut the **** up with your bull****. As a man how the **** can you justify forcing someone to have a baby. Then forcing child support onto men and creating a child who may be born into a situation of suffering and poverty and violence because the rest of this country is dog eat dog?

1. Do you think that people in poverty don’t deserve to live?

2. I don’t think anyone should be forced to have a baby. That’s why I said the exceptions for rape, incest, and medical conditions.

I do think that—absent those exceptions—when people have made choices regarding sex, that after a certain point aborting the baby is more like murder. Is that 8 months? 7? I think that’s debatable.

I also don’t think men should be forced to pay child support. But if a man makes choices related to sex, that results in their baby, they absolutely should support the child. Not even sure why that’s an issue.

1. Do you think that people in poverty don’t deserve to live?

2. I don’t think anyone should be forced to have a baby. That’s why I said the exceptions for rape, incest, and medical conditions.

I do think that—absent those exceptions—when people have made choices regarding sex, that after a certain point aborting the baby is more like murder. Is that 8 months? 7? I think that’s debatable.

I also don’t think men should be forced to pay child support. But if a man makes choices related to sex, that results in their baby, they absolutely should support the child. Not even sure why that’s an issue.
1) Do you think people in poverty don’t deserve to live? Because Republicans sure as **** do. Everyday they vote on policies that equate to “Drop dead” for all people

2. Late term abortions is a Republican talking point. The majority of abortions happen within the first 15 weeks of pregnancy. What Mississippi’s law does is target a much more cruel set circumstances.

“Kimport, a medical sociologist at UCSF whose research focuses on gender, sexuality and social movements, followed up on the research in 2018 with 28 new interviews of women who got later abortions. She said about half were lacking critical health information about their fetus earlier in their pregnancy. Kimport described in an interview how one woman was told by her doctors that something in her 20-week scan looked suspicious but it wasn’t until weeks later that it was clear the fetus had significant abnormalities.”

Do you know who this law affects, people who have issues getting abortions earlier usually due to financial and/or local restrictions and both women who deal with unexpected significant birth defects. Basically if passed there poor people will have to travel to get an abortion if an abnormality happens or if they need to save up for it. Once again jack **** cruelty to make ya’ll feel like good people.

The only reason I brought up child support is you seem like the type who would be a hypocrite on that issue and unsurprisingly you are.

1) Do you think people in poverty don’t deserve to live? Because Republicans sure as **** do. Everyday they vote on policies that equate to “Drop dead” for all people

2. Late term abortions is a Republican talking point. The majority of abortions happen within the first 15 weeks of pregnancy. What Mississippi’s law does is target a much more cruel circumstances.

“Kimport, a medical sociologist at UCSF whose research focuses on gender, sexuality and social movements, followed up on the research in 2018 with 28 new interviews of women who got later abortions. She said about half were lacking critical health information about their fetus earlier in their pregnancy. Kimport described in an interview how one woman was told by her doctors that something in her 20-week scan looked suspicious but it wasn’t until weeks later that it was clear the fetus had significant abnormalities.”

Do you know who this law affects, people who have issues getting abortions earlier usually due to financial and/or local restrictions and both women who deal with unexpected significant birth defects.

The only reason I brought up child support is you seem like the type who would be a hypocrite on that issue and unsurprisingly you are.

You didn’t answer my question, but I’ll answer yours.

1. No.

2. This Mississipi law doesn’t have anything to do with my personal position on abortion.

I don’t have any issue with an abortion in the first 15 weeks. I don’t have any issue with an abortion for medical reasons or because of rape or incest.

Beyond 5 months I think it starts being more like murder absent those other exceptions.

None of this is going to happen.

You literally say this every step of the way of Republicans doing whatever ******** nonsense they always do. You have literally dropped in to say that, and then a month later they do that ****. You’re not a politician and they keep right along chugging screwing people over. Maybe you are the Michael Steele of Niketalk because you really don’t see them for the scum of the earth they are.

You didn’t answer my question, but I’ll answer yours.

1. No.

2. This Mississipi law doesn’t have anything to do with my personal position on abortion.

I don’t have any issue with an abortion in the first 15 weeks. I don’t have any issue with an abortion for medical reasons or because of rape or incest.

Beyond 5 months I think it starts being more like murder absent those other exceptions.
Yeah but as a man who can’t you know get stuck having a baby… maybe you should you know let the women choose. Like the concept of being pregnant is so foreign to me as a man…. I can’t put it into any frame of reference, but then forcing someone to have birth… well it feels wrong. Like women are animals that I can force my judgement on. I don’t know I just know a lot of women, so this type of stuff it really annoys me.

Yeah but as a man who can’t you know get stuck having a baby… maybe you should you know let the women choose. Like the concept of being pregnant is so foreign to me as a man…. I can’t put it into any frame of reference, but then forcing someone to have birth… well it feels wrong. Like women are animals that I can force my judgement on. I don’t know I just know a lot of women, so this type of stuff it really annoys me.

I’m sure you understand that there are several laws that impact what men and women can and can’t do with their bodies.

It is illegal, for instance, to get a tattoo until you are 18.; It is illegal to murder other people (absent exceptions for self defense, etc); it is illegal to drive without a seatbelt; it is illegal to sell your body for sex in most states; it is illegal to take certain drugs, etc etc etc.

As it relates to abortion, I agree that people shouldn’t be forced to have a baby. I think women should choose. Ideally, people choose to make responsible decisions regarding sex.

But absent those exceptions for rape and medical conditions, you really have an issue with 5 months being too far to make the abortion choice?

At what point does an abortion become more like murder?

Murder is already illegal

awkward laugh.gif

I’m sure you understand that there are several laws that impact what men and women can and can’t do with their bodies.

It is illegal, for instance, to get a tattoo until you are 18.; It is illegal to murder other people (absent exceptions for self defense, etc); it is illegal to drive without a seatbelt; it is illegal to sell your body for sex in most states; it is illegal to take certain drugs, etc etc etc.

As it relates to abortion, I agree that people shouldn’t be forced to have a baby. I think women should choose. Ideally, people choose to make responsible decisions regarding sex.

But absent those exceptions for rape and medical conditions, you really have an issue with 5 months being too far to make the abortion choice?

Once again a tattoo at 18 is nothing like pregnancy and potentially raising a child. Same for drugs and prostitution… and it’s not for men or women to make that decision for others it’s a single by single woman’s choice. Calling it Murder after you decided 15 is just as viable as a person who wants to call it murder after a day. It’s not a moral choice you can justify with a timeframe. That’s also not how this is going to end up. 15 weeks will be challenged somewhere else as 12 weeks and 2 and Eventually it will be banned in certain states and those states feeling smug will go after it nationally.

So, no I can’t even begin to judge this as a man, and even women who have experienced pregnancy should be hesitant to give their opinions because this is a major personal choice. Arguably the most personal choice and it has and will affect the lives of many people, in a country where…. No one normally cares if people live or die. Which is the irony of this whole thing. I mean politics are hypocritical, but outside of Abortion Republicans REALLY don’t care if people live or die because “rugged individualism” right…..

Back
Top Bottom