***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Mr jobs report really in here again AGAIN on some BS for the 3rd day in a row????

Cars have to be registered and insured

A driver has to be licensed to operate one

Requiring the same for guns would be a good start

This is what gets lost. You need that to legally drive a car. Not to buy one.

And there are so many uninsured motorists that most people have insurance policies to protect themselves against them. Same with unlicensed/suspended license drivers.

You have to be older to buy a gun than you have to be to buy a car. And they are equally deadly.

I thought it was clear, but I’ll try to make it more clear.

People want reasonable gun control measures because of the senseless loss of life due to gun deaths.

The gun control debate is difficult because there is not a similar demand for the same level of control related to other senseless losses of life.

There isn’t a call to ban festivals, despite Astroworld. There isn’t a call to ban cars, despite the situation in Wisconsin.

I said that’s why the gun discussion is difficult. And it should be expanded to a discussion moreso about mental health, poverty, and education.

I realize everyone isn’t calling for bans of guns. I personally support reasonable gun control measures like background checks. But none of that will prevent a lot of these mass shootings.

There’s a GIANT difference between an accident at a festival and a premeditated set of murders with a gun. And if you’re too stupid to understand what premeditated means, it means it was planned.

Holy cow you are dense.

This is what gets lost. You need that to legally drive a car. Not to buy one.

And there are so many uninsured motorists that most people have insurance policies to protect themselves against them. Same with unlicensed/suspended license drivers.

You have to be older to buy a gun than you have to be to buy a car. And they are equally deadly.

And one is intended to harm/kill, one is intended for transportation.

Just stop with these stupid arguments.

DWalk - “We should ban water because someone once died from drinking too much of it!”

There’s a GIANT difference between an accident at a festival and a premeditated set of murders with a gun. And if you’re too stupid to understand what premeditated means, it means it was planned.

Holy cow you are dense.

There is an obvious difference. There’s no dispute there. They are both senseless losses of life that could ostensibly be prevented with further regulation.

If things were identical, there’d be no need to compare them.

I notice you didn’t comment on car deaths. Do you think that’s a stupid dense comparison too?

And one is intended to harm/kill, one is intended for transportation.

Just stop with these stupid arguments.

DWalk - “We should ban water because someone once died from drinking too much of it!”

Well, if only one person died from cars, yea. But it’s much more than that. And people have guns for things other than harming/killing—as I’m sure you know. Many gun owners probably haven’t harmed or killed anything aside from paper targets.

Far more people die from cars than gun violence yearly in the US. And I don’t know if there’s an age minimum to buy a car cash.

giphy.gif

The one thing ill never understand about anti abortion advocates.

they must realize that making abortion illegal won't stop abortions.

the majority of abortions are done at home via pill, the united states can't keep fentanyl out the country.
how are you going to prevent the distribution of abortion pills?

1638476000158.png

pre roe v wade women we're dosing themselves with Lysol.
the law is not going to stop them from illegally purchasing some abortion pills.

the majority of abortions are done at home via pill, the united states can't keep fentanyl out the country.

1638476000158.png

the law is not going to stop them from illegally purchasing some abortion pills.

Well, to use charged language, it’s no different than pro abortion advocates realizing that legalizing abortions in every circumstance won’t prevent people from choosing illegal, less safe measures.

To use less charged language, I imagine the pro-life people think the restrictions will reduce the taking innocent of life.

And I imagine the pro-choice people think less restriction will reduce the illegal abortions.

1638476000158.png

It’s going to make abortions more dangerous for working class and poor women, which is ultimately who the people who are trying to overturn Roe v Wade don’t care about.

Abortions are like guns to me.

if you really want them to stop, it would have to be through cultural change.
it's not going to get done via the law.

and the law could have serious political downside for republicans without really preventing any abortions.

this is just gunna lead to women dying in abortion pill laced with fentanyl or something crazy accident.

Abortions are like guns to me.

if you really want them to stop, it would have to be through cultural change.
it's not going to get done via the law.

and the law could have serious political downside for republicans without really preventing any abortions.

this is just gunna lead to women dying in abortion pill laced with fentanyl or something crazy accident.

I actually agree regarding cultural change.

The messaging matters more than any law. As is evident from this thread, most folks don’t even understand Roe.

Back
Top Bottom