***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Flipping through channels, not even bothering to check for context
26CB3351-7161-4401-9B2C-29594AB3DF28.jpeg

Wild projection here

Forgive my ignorance, but why has this gone on So long? Surely there must be laws that allow these people to be arrested and their trucks impounded, Civil disobedience involves strategically breaking laws and then dealing with the consequences. Why hasn’t the latter happened?

Ottawa police incompetence, Mayoral incompetence, combined with some timidity from Justin Trudeau.
and apparently giant trucks are very hard to move

They knew the truckers were coming,
they could have blocked roads and prevented them from getting downtown
but they were slow to react and let them entrench themselves downtown.

the police chief resigned, and heads have begun to roll

Justin's dad was the prime minister in the 70's
and had a somewhat infamous moment where he invoked war powers to quell Quebec dissidents

So I have to think that may have contributed to Justin slowness to react.
I think he hoped the local authorities would take care of it, so he wouldn't have to.

This is the garbage I am talking about.

There are some centrists that are already lining up blaming a small group of progressives for the upcoming midterms. All while they control the party, campaign infrastructure, and policy agenda.

Clowns like Nate Silver and Matthew Yglesias will hot take over and over about progressives media elites and their politics creep into programming and how that hurts Dems. Completely ignoring how mainstream media's coverage hurt the Democratic Party and the progressive movement specifically.

Like, look who the Dems they cite. One dude that held up BBB in the House so he could get a tax cut for rich people, and another who lost her state during 2018 and quickly flipped her feet good positions once the lobbyist money came.

Progressives main policy program from the last year was a income subsidy to parents. They wanted to have an expansive economic program. They wanted to address climate change. To stop the errosion of democracy.

All this was killed by two bought lying conservative trolls in the Senate.

But not a peep about how those failures shape the party image. How those failures hurt the Dems electorally. Even has swing state Centrist are saying that too.

Nahhhhhh, instead they twist themselves in knots because they basic *** pundit brain can't think of any interesting conversation beyond "blame the progressive".

Liberals recalled a few school board members in San Fran and now this must be a data point to run with about progressives alienating people away from the party.

People just want to litigate their greivences and have no interest in a nuanced reporting.

Last edited:
In 2010, when it was clear the Dems were about to take massive losses in the midterm, centrists back then did the same thing

But that time all their anger was aimed at Obama as is too far left agenda

And blamed the lack of things getting passed on Obama not working hard enough to whoo swing votes in the Senate (this was ********)

And get this, if he wanted to get more things done he should be more like......................Joe Biden :lol:

Durham said that’s not what I said, but Trump will talk about this for a couple more days, then it’s on to the next made up scandal. :lol::lol:

I watched that sentencing. As someone who trained police officers and being on the force for years I can’t see how she made the mistake of pulling out a gun instead of a taser. The muscle memory wouldn’t allow it. It’s like telling me to take a 3 foot bunny jumper but I put the strength and power of a 3 point shot. It makes zero sense.

Now is she remorseful for what she did? It does seem like it but not sure how legit is it vs just looking out for herself.

and apparently giant trucks are very hard to move
Yes, requires specialized tow trucks. But I suspect they’d be happy for the business and you probably would gave to take away too many people’s livelihood before they got the message.

Justin's dad was the prime minister in the 70's
‘He’s just not ready” is still my favorite attack ad. Just so very Canadian.
and had a somewhat infamous moment where he invoked war powers to quell Quebec dissidents
At first I thought this was the Oka crisis. But then I realized that was 6 years after Trudeau had left office.

Y’all are froggy up there.

So I have to think that may have contributed to Justin slowness to react.
I think he hoped the local authorities would take care of it, so he wouldn't have to.
This makes sense. Where’s George Wallace when you need him?

Thanks for the explanation.

I watched that sentencing. As someone who trained police officers and being on the force for years I can’t see how she made the mistake of pulling out a gun instead of a taser. The muscle memory wouldn’t allow it. It’s like telling me to take a 3 foot bunny jumper but I put the strength and power of a 3 point shot. It makes zero sense.

Now is she remorseful for what she did? It does seem like it but not sure how legit is it vs just looking out for herself.

I thought about this too and that those weren’t crocodile tears, but that’s why it’s manslaughter and not murder. At the end of the day someone died and it’s her fault. Two years smh.

Back
Top Bottom