***Official Political Discussion Thread***

So f’n Cynical man. It’s blood boiling the performative and just straight up bs that the GOP does. And the public just eats it up and false equivocates their action at every turn :smh: :smh: :lol:

“Temporarily grant asylum”

So a nice photo op in the US with this *****, and then send them back.

@dwalk31

aepps20 aepps20

1645333244501.jpeg
61+yLAXnZHL.jpg

Please read this book. YOUR PRESIDENT DEMANDS IT.

In a paper in the American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, author Jason Baron found that when school budgets increased in Wisconsin, allocation choices made a big difference in student outcomes.

Baron says that additional spending on operations, such as teacher salaries and support services, positively affected test scores, dropout rates, and postsecondary enrollment. But extra capital expenditures on new buildings and renovations had little impact.

Smith: How big were these operational funding increases after referendums, and what were schools spending that money on?

Baron:
I find that when a school district narrowly passes one of these operational referendums, most of the money that they spend is on the instructional account, namely teachers. This can be hiring additional teachers or increasing the average teacher salary. To give you a little sense of the magnitude here, when a school district narrowly passes an operational referendum, they increase operational expenditures by roughly $300 per pupil. This is not a huge increase; it is about 3 percent relative to what they were spending the year before the election. I find that roughly $200 of this $300 is spent on the instructional account in the form of either additional teachers and teacher aides or increases in average teacher compensation. The remaining $100 is spent on what are known as support services, so these are either guidance counselors, school psychologists or social workers.

Smith: What kind of impact did these operational funding increases have on student outcomes?

Baron:
In short, I find that these increases in expenditures greatly improve student outcomes. To be a little bit more specific, I found that when a school district narrowly passes an operational referendum, it leads to an increase of approximately 8 percent of a standard deviation in the state standardized exam or the WKCE for people from Wisconsin, which is the accountability exam, a kind of No Child Left Behind exam. I find a 9 percent reduction in the district's dropout rate and a 10 percent increase in the number of high-school completers in the school district who subsequently go on to enroll in post-secondary education.

Even if you despise the current democratic leadership like I do, this is why we have to keep voting for these clowns and hope they keep their promises to us. The red clown car has no brakes:

Florida’s Republican governor, Ron DeSantis, is backing a controversial proposal to strip $200m in education funding from Democratic counties that defied his executive order last year banning mask mandates in schools.

I really have no opinion on the truck drivers, I just don't care, not my country or problem.

but the fact that you'd compare someone protesting their own government killing black people to a mandate is insane.

dont how or why it start and whether they had a point at the start

but all I know is, wasn’t surprised one bit when I saw the crazy/racist being involved

im talking before that vid of the dude who organized it being blatantly racist came out

when you see folks with MAGA gear, qanon gear and nazi shh, you know what the real deal is with it.. white people who should have been put in their place a long time ago getting away with shh because theyre white

and going bring up any deplorable aspect of other people’s suffering because they’re being inconvenienced

I really have no opinion on the truck drivers, I just don't care, not my country or problem.

but the fact that you'd compare someone protesting their own government killing black people to a mandate is insane.
If anything, it is proof that they are stuck in an information bubble.

I think we underestimate how much the right wing audience is captive to their media ecosystem, which filters out any information that paint their side in a bad light. Many people who say "what if Trump did [insert terrible thing he did]" genuinely believe he didn't do or say all these things because they've spent the last four years reading, watching, and following RW "news" outlets only.

Back
Top Bottom