***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Calling this dumb feels really overblown but maybe I'm missing something here
beli.png

Seems unwise to start a “dems in disarray” news cycle for no real reason

Unwise, like writing numerous op-eds, and having multiple TV appearances, where you lie/make **** up, and throw your party leader's agenda under the bus and act like your party is being unreasonable?

Unwise like that?

Just trying to have a reference point

Well that guy unfortunately can do whatever he wants because he has all the power.
if his goal was to scuttle BBB, he clearly accomplished his goal.

this speech by talib as far as I can tell accomplishes nothing.

Well that guy unfortunately can do whatever he wants because he has all the power.
if his goal was to scuttle BBB, he clearly accomplished his goal.

this speech by talib as far as I can tell accomplishes nothing.
This response is some unprincipled ********

But expected

Thanks though

Responses in general, from republicans or democrats
don't seem to serve any pupose and have generally been the graveyard of political careers.

1645671170552.png

i don't really know why anyone would sign up willingly to do it.

the question wasn't about principle.

you're welcome.
You said it was unwise to whip up a "Dems in Disarray" news cycle

I appointed out that Manchin did that multiple times, he could have killed BBB in a day, with one news cycle, he had the power to do that.

He constantly hurt his party over and over needlessly with lies. This was not needed or necessary to reach his goals

It wasn't about their goals with BBB, it was about what the news cycle they would trigger. That was your criticism of Tlaib. Wasn't it?

Face with having to criticized Manchin for the same behavior to took issue with, you of course move the goal post to something else.

I pointed out that is your normal behavior.

So you can miss me with this. All you wanted was to take a swipe at a progressive, not engage in any principled discourse about a subject

As usual

Don't mention it.

You said it was unwise to whip up a "Dems in Disarray" news cycle

I appointed out that Manchin did that multiple times, he could have killed BBB in a day, with one news cycle, he had the power to do that.

He constantly hurt his party over and over needlessly with lies. This was not needed or necessary to reach his goals

It wasn't about their goals with BBB, it was about what the news cycle they would trigger. That was your criticism of Tlaib. Wasn't it?

Face with having to criticized Manchin for the same behavior to took issue with, you of course move the goal post to something else.

"for no real reason" I said it was unwise to whip up a dems in disarray cycle for "no real reason"

Manchin as you've pointed out is sometimes working against the democratic party.
and oftentimes makes a big show of his opposition to the party
so while you and I may not like it, I can understand the reasoning.

If triggering this news cycle helped Rashida Talib accomplish her goals, even If i did not agree with those goals
I would not call it "unwise"

I pointed out that is your normal behavior.

So you can miss me with this. All you wanted was to take a swipe at a progressive, not engage in any principled discourse about a subject

As usual

Don't mention it.
you are taking a totally anodyne comment and blowing it way out of proportion.

which is what you typically do.

if you think what she's doing is wise, fine say so.
if you think the reason makes sense, fine okay.

but this manchin whataboutism seems totally pointless.

"for no real reason" I said it was unwise to whip up a dems in disarray cycle for "no real reason"

Manchin as you've pointed out is sometimes working against the democratic party.
and oftentimes makes a big show of his opposition to the party
so while you and I may not like it, I can understand the reasoning.

If triggering this news cycle helped Rashida Talib accomplish her goals, even If i did not agree with those goals
I would not call it "unwise"

If Manchin's goals were to kills BBB.

He didn't need to do all the extra stuff. He didn't need to lie

You stay somehow forgetting how politics, time, and basic stuff works to defend Manchin

He didn't need to make **** up to kill BBB

you are taking a totally anodyne comment and blowing it way out of proportion.

which is what you typically do.

This is rich coming from you.

The man that goes off about random tweets, irrelevant op-eds, and any excuse to go on and on about progressives

Somehow in your mind, 2021 didn't happen on NT

if you think what she's doing is wise, fine say so.
if you think the reason makes sense, fine okay.

but this manchin whataboutism seems totally pointless.

The point of my post was to point out how unprincipled and inconsistent you are when if comes to progressive vs. Manchin

And you just proved my point

Again

So again

Thanks

Why would Tlaib's response be interpreted as "Dems in disarray" and not "progressives express support for BBB" in order to counter the more prevalent narrative that progressives are the problem of the Democratic party?

If Manchin's goals were to kills BBB.

He didn't need to do all the extra stuff. He didn't need to lie

You stay somehow forgetting how politics, time, and basic stuff works to defend Manchin
I don't even understand what the disagreement is.

If you think Joe Manchin is a corrupt plutocrat,
well then scuttling the BBB, and ******* over the dems makes total sense for him.

the fact that he didn't **** them over as smoothly and efficiently as you would have liked seems totally besides the point.

The point of my post was to point out how unprincipled and inconsistent you are when if comes to progressive vs. Manchin

And you just proved my point

Again

So again

Thanks

and you are doing a terrible job.
stop retreating to meta argumentation.

my small anodyne criticism is completely consistent.

rashid talib is starting a bad news cycle for no real reason.
Joe Manchin started bad news cycles, for bad reasons

and for the record, Ive already said, what joe manchin did was bad.
how many times do i need to say it before im allowed to comment on this story?

Why would Tlaib's response be interpreted as "Dems in disarray" and not "progressives express support for BBB" in order to counter the more prevalent narrative that progressives are the problem of the Democratic party?

do you think that's how the media will interpret it?

given the general bias towards conflict, I think they'll go with the "dems in disarray."
it's a meme for a reason.

but hey maybe the media will go with the framing sympathetic to progressives.
ill be happy to be proven wrong.

I don't even understand what the disagreement is.

If you think Joe Manchin is a corrupt plutocrat,
well then scuttling the BBB, and ****ing over the dems makes total sense for him.

the fact that he didn't **** them over as smoothly and efficiently as you would have liked seems totally besides the point.

It goes directly to the criticism you had of Tlaib.

Manchin also routinely says he is looking out for the Dems, and trying to save them from themselves If he was a plutocrat that just wants to kill BBB. He didn't need to do all the extra stuff. He is actively tried to hurt the party beyond just BBB, it undercuts is other stated goals. So now I must use the fact I think worse of Manchin, to somehow excuse his actions?

Back to Tlaib, you give your argument cover, we have been debating this like her goal with this is to get BBB passed. It could be anything else like her as the Chairperson of the Progressive Caucus issuing support for the President whose poll numbers are being hurt by registered Dems and left-leaning people souring on him. Him not getting things done could be a reason for that.

I think the responses to state of the Union's are sorta pointless. But I also don't think Tlaib is a stupid woman. I think she understands what position Biden and BBB are in. Whatever she says is some gonna spark a "Dems in disarray news cycle". We are already in constant one, and we have been in one for months because of Manchin's actions

and you are doing a terrible job.
stop retreating to meta argumentation.

my small anodyne criticism is completely consistent.

rashid talib is starting a bad news cycle for no real reason.
Joe Manchin started bad news cycles, for bad reasons

Really Osh, I am.? Famb numerous people in this thread think you are full of it when it comes to progressives compared to Manchin

If you think otherwise, seems like you haven't been paying attention

If anything, I'm beating a dead horse at this point

and for the record, Ive already said, what joe manchin did was bad.
how many times do i need to say it before im allowed to comment on this story?

Oh well, damn.

Sorry famb, I forgot you handed out the strongest of rebukes of all time against Manchin. My bad then. :lol:

You seem like you continue to be inconsistent with your criticisms, so I guess I will comment on your comments whenever I feel like it. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
It goes directly to the criticism you had of Tlaib.

Manchin also routinely says he is looking out for the Dems, and trying to save them from themselves If he was a plutocrat that just wants to kill BBB. He didn't need to do all the extra stuff. He is actively tried to hurt the party beyond just BBB. So now I must think the worse of Manchin, then use that to excuse his actions?

I didn't say you should excuse anything.
im pointing out that even in your own mental model of manchin, there is a point to his actions. you think the point is bad that's fine.
the fact that he didn't kill it smoothly or efficiently or did all this extra stuff, imo seems besides the point.

if you think he's a plutocrat hurting the dems the only non plutocratic party in american makes some kind of sense.
regardless of how perverse you or I think it is.

Back to Tlaib, you give your argument cover, we have been debating this like her goal with this is to get BBB passed. It could be anything else like her as the Chairperson of the Progressive Caucus issuing support for the President whose poll numbers are being hurt by registered Dems and left-leaning people souring on him. Him not getting things done could be a reason for that.

I think the responses are pointless. But I also don't think Tlaib is a stupid woman. I think she understands what position Biden and BBB are in.

I didn't say she was a stupid woman, I just said this actions she's taking seems unwise.
it's unclear to me how doing this does anything for Biden, or the democratic party,

responses are generally done by opposing parties.
this stuff is watched by partisans, it's not like it's some persuadable audience.
just seems like whatever she says will be framed in an adversarial way, so imo it seems unwise.

I don't think that is a wild swipe at progressives.

Really Osh, I am. Famb numerous people in this thread think you are full of it when it comes to progressive and Manchin

If you think otherwise, seems like you haven't been paying attention

that's fine, the feeling is often mutual.

Oh well, damn.

Sorry famb, I forgot you handed out the strongest of rebukes of all time against Manchin. My bad then. :lol:

You seem like you continue to be inconsistent with your criticisms, so I guess I will comment on your comments whenever I feel like it. 🤷‍♂️

you want me to have the same emotional response to machin et al.

humans are different.
Manchin while frustrating seems worth it to me, from a cost benefit perspective ,
so im only going to get but so mad at something ive already priced in.

Sinema for example im more pointed in my criticism,
because imo she's acting far more irrationally given that she can easily be replaced.

I measure these things differently than you, I think that's okay.
I don't think it's necessary to do some rebuke of manchin, in thread that is filled with hundreds of them.

So it’s a mistake to do anything that might become a “negative news cycle” on conservative propaganda outlets?

That list would include:
  • Wearing a tan suit.
  • Wearing a sleeveless dress.
  • Performing a fist bump.
  • Appearing in public without an American Flag pin.
  • Using Dijon mustard.
  • Working in the Oval Office without a jacket.
  • Riding a bicycle while wearing a helmet.
  • Writing a children’s book.
  • Not being Republican.
By this standard, the best thing Rashida Tlaib can do for her constituents is become Tulsi Gabbard.

Back
Top Bottom