***Official Political Discussion Thread***

If Steven King wrote a book describing what has happened since 2020 to 2022 a decade ago it would be a bestselling fiction novel

It is wild how C-CPAC went from letting us gather for a pep rally where we sound goofy but groan at the biggest lunatics

To everyone sound like a massive lunatic and groan at anyone that tries to lower the temperature on conservatives back down to just goofy

Found out the other day one of my old college lectures from UMD is a full-on Qanon loon now. Mans got two PhDs.

The GOP of the early 2000s is not even as loony as the current GOP

And that GOP lied to the country and started a propaganda campaign to get us into a bloody war in Iraq. More specifically, we invaded the damn country.

And Bush got reelected. He got reelected even though it was discovered that Iraq didn't actually have WMDs.

It wasn't until after the election people finally started to sour on Bush because of a number of reasons that went beyond the war

We need to stop acting like the GOP is more innocuous than they actually are.

Putin is a murderous lunatic, but morally I don't think **** Chaney is that far behind

Last edited:
Qanon and trump people I’ll never understand

zero clue how you get there with either

I c why putin, for example, would want em.. but others, zero clue

People are just dumb man, you go looking for it and you’ll find it on the internet. I’m sure they just constantly ingest media that aligns with their nutcase beliefs and they just never leave that conspiracy bubble.

What to know how murderous Trump was?

Obama's drone war was probably the worse thing he did in office.

Trump saw that ****, called it soft, and made it even more horrific with even less accountability

People can keep underestimating the modern GOP's depravity, cool, they will remind us again in due time

People are just dumb man, you go looking for it and you’ll find it on the internet. I’m sure they just constantly ingest media that aligns with their nutcase beliefs and they just never leave that conspiracy bubble.

i get people are dumb..

but on this large of a level, I just don’t get

trump has failed spectacularly numerous times for decades.. the qanon people got whatever thar whole JFK jr thing is

i get people are dumb..

but on this large of a level, I just don’t get

trump has failed spectacularly numerous times for decades.. the qanon people got whatever thar whole JFK jr thing is

I don’t get it either, nobody trusts anybody so you just go for the most far out conspiracy **** you can think of?

I don’t get it either, nobody trusts anybody so you just go for the most far out conspiracy **** you can think of?

i mean i get it if you get fooled by someone talking slick or you’re put in a situation where you’re lost and have a need.. or religion

but this shh, unless you’re a white dude thinking the world is out to get you.. I don’t understand

i mean i get it if you get fooled by someone talking slick or you’re put in a situation where you’re lost and have a need.. or religion

but this shh, unless you’re a white dude thinking the world is out to get you.. I don’t understand

I know a Lebanese q anon too. :lol:

I know a Lebanese q anon too. :lol:

in certain countries I could see the dumb shh of trump and/or qanon working

but that’s factoring in a general lack of information or limited points of information on a national level plus limited options

but in the US, I dont get it.. and you can’t chalk it up to looks and/or physical appeal

like if it was tom brady, I could make sense of it.. he’s actually really tall and don’t gotta lie about it, been super successful in 2 important states for politics in the biggest sport and has the legit super model wife.. got a full head of hair and under 300 lbs

in certain countries I could see the dumb shh of trump and/or qanon working

but that’s factoring in a general lack of information or limited points of information on a national level plus limited options

but in the US, I dont get it.. and you can’t chalk it up to looks and/or physical appeal

like if it was tom brady, I could make sense of it.. he’s actually really tall and don’t gotta lie about it, been super successful in 2 important states for politics in the biggest sport and has the legit super model wife.. got a full head of hair and under 300 lbs

Idk man, it would be interesting to see a well done documentary on it and some people who were in it taking about why they believed all their non sense.

Part of it is easy to explain though, look at our public schools. They are trying to re write history because it offends them. The lack of self awareness is crazy.

Idk man, it would be interesting to see a well done documentary on it and some people who were in it taking about why they believed all their non sense.

Part of it is easy to explain though, look at our public schools. They are trying to re write history because it offends them. The lack of self awareness is crazy.

but even with factoring in the education part it’s not THAT bad.. in comparison to some other countries in the world plus the lack of resources

like I get some of these fake tough guys and conspiracy theories working certain places because they can legit control the access of information to enough people and when needed jsut take out the right certain people

but I don’t see how you get it to the level of 10s of millions of people to believe in the wild and/or dumb shh over there

access to the internet is right there on your phone, just google the shh

even movies now work on the premise you’ve seen not only movies but shows and have done some homework on the universe.. that’s something you can pull off now

It's like George Carlin clip that I've posted numerous times over the years about how stupid the average person is.

i mean I get it, but to a certain point

it’s like when you see those infomercials for stuff, I get how they get a decent amount of folks.. or religions

but still to get to this level and all the shh.. people dumb enough to pull what happened on January 6th and the mess before and after

but even the stupid only goes so far because only some much of em boycotting the NFL or Nike

but even with factoring in the education part it’s not THAT bad.. in comparison to some other countries in the world plus the lack of resources

like I get some of these fake tough guys and conspiracy theories working certain places because they can legit control the access of information to enough people and when needed jsut take out the right certain people

but I don’t see how you get it to the level of 10s of millions of people to believe in the wild and/or dumb shh over there

access to the internet is right there on your phone, just google the shh

even movies now work on the premise you’ve seen not only movies but shows and have done some homework on the universe.. that’s something you can pull off now

Yeah I’m stumped too. :lol:

Like Donald trump has all the right traits to be a cult leader, and he picked his “victims” wisely. He knew what he was doing.

I don’t know what to call it so I say victim even though I don’t feel bad for them. But take a group of people who were once on top and now have to compete and think equality is racism. It’s too easy to get them to fall for it which is how we got MAGA.

But trump didn’t invent q anon, it’s like they all were like “yeah we wanna be in a cult and we’ll pick Donald trump to lead it.”

Politics basically morphed into a religion and lifestyle to them and now the republicans cater to that because it’s all they have to do and if they don’t they’re out. I don’t think these Republican politicians are all stupid, they just know how to lead the sheep around.

I can’t think of something else to legit compare it to

i was born heavy into politics where I’m from and always have had an interest, zero desire for front line

did AP us history over there.. I can’t think of a legit example to really compare dude to that makes sense

like even amongst cult leaders, they at least play the game more and aren’t as brazen about their shh.. them folks in the business of religion or abusing their position to take advantage of people within the congregation don’t get to that level of bold or stupid

at this point this dude openly says the shh that should get him in trouble and somehow it ends up getting belittled because he openly says it

yeah, like you got the cults that are sexual predators based on religion, then you got weird nutcase **** like Charles Manson.

then you got suicide cults like heavens gate and Jim jones.

q anon is a weird mix of nationalist racists with some weird science fiction involved. :lol:

I don't think trump wanted to be their cult leader at first, they chose him and now he sees how much money he can make off these fools so he's not going to turn it down.

he says that stuff because he's yet to face any real consequences for anything, let that dude in office again and you're gonna see some real unhinged crazy stuff. people scoffed off hitler too at first.

Back
Top Bottom